Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

General Maximus 07-06-2021 12:26

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36081291)
8/10.

Emma Stone acted her socks off in it, liked the story, loved the couple of scenes where they recreated scenes from the original cartoon film (for example, Jasper and Horace getting tangled up walking the Dalmatians, and Cruella driving the Coupe Deville for the first time), the soundtrack was terrific (and well matched to the scene each song was in), and the mid-credits scene made me smile.

Well worth watching.

A sequel is already in the works for it.

Jimmy-J 07-06-2021 21:41

French Exit - 6/10

Jimmy-J 09-06-2021 04:02

The Misfits 2021 - Utter Shite

General Maximus 15-06-2021 18:44

mrmistoffelees 19-06-2021 19:35

Had a movie day so two

The Departed 9/10
Heat 10/10

Jaymoss 20-06-2021 18:17

The Paleface from 1946 starring Bob Hope and Jane Russel still funny even now 10/10

Carth 20-06-2021 21:10

The Gentlemen, from 2019.
How the heck I missed that one I don't know, but so glad I eventually caught it.

A whopping 9.5/10 from me, great acting all round :tu:

Jimmy-J 25-06-2021 04:51

The Goldfinch - 6/10

Jaymoss 25-06-2021 10:29

Shoplifters of the World 3:10 awesome soundtrack meh movie

General Maximus 27-06-2021 20:09

Fast and Furious 9: 4/10

It started out average and went downhill from the start. I watched the previous 8 films over the last week to me energised for this film. I thoroughly enjoyed each one and in comparison Fast 9 is lacking on many fronts. It is hard t put your finger on it but it feels like that special bond between the characters is missing in this film; you just don't feel it. That would be enough to give it a 6/10 but the thing which makes it worse without giving any spoilers away is that certain things happen which are just so ridiculously stupid, OTT and unbelievable that it ruins the film. They didn't need to do it and could have easily have come up with a more substantial and grounded (pun intended) story.

Stephen 27-06-2021 20:55

Since F8 the stunts and car chases have gotten so ridiculous that it makes you wonder what they can possibly do in the next one.

General Maximus 27-06-2021 21:04

I thought the same thing going into and i would have happily have seen them take a step backwards and do a car, train and lorry mash up. When you see this you are going to want to close your eyes and burry your head in your hands. It has gone from an action film to comedy.

cimt 28-06-2021 02:45

The movies started going OTT in about F4 or 5, which ever one was in Brazil. If you didn't expect them to go even further then you have totally misunderstood what this franchise has become, and why you watch it. Hell, this movie even took the mick with how it had characters discuss how they were invincible with all the jobs they had done and never get seriously injured.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, and looked forward to seeing what crazy thing happened next.

Chris 28-06-2021 09:15

Iron Man 2 … for the third time in about 6 months. :D. I decided to go through MCU in timeline order on Disney+, then one of my daughters did and now the other one is doing it. Naturally I have to watch along with them.

As always, it’s an MCU film, so it’s very good, and more importantly now I’ve watched it many many times I can say I’m still enjoying it, which is always a good sign. 8/10.

Pierre 28-06-2021 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36084620)
Iron Man 2 … for the third time in about 6 months. :D. I decided to go through MCU in timeline order on Disney+, then one of my daughters did and now the other one is doing it. Naturally I have to watch along with them.

As always, it’s an MCU film, so it’s very good, and more importantly now I’ve watched it many many times I can say I’m still enjoying it, which is always a good sign. 8/10.

The suits in the older Iron Man films are better, they’re more mechanical. The nano-bot suits in later films detract away from the fact the suit is a metal mechanical suit - in my opinion.