Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

heero_yuy 24-05-2020 12:25

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Alita: Battle Angel

8/10. Stunning visuals as befits a film that James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez are involved in. This is based on a manga and I like the way they've enhanced Alita's eyes to make them larger and more manga style.

A sequel has been commissioned. Maybe we get to see what the hovering city looks like inside.

General Maximus 24-05-2020 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 36036576)
A sequel has been commissioned.

that's good news, I hadn't heard that. I loved the film and was gutted when I got to the end and discovered it was going to be in more than one part. It made money but I got worried when I found it hadn't been anywhere near as successful as they had hoped it would be.

heero_yuy 24-05-2020 13:12

Quote:

Quote from Wikipedia: Cameron and Rodriguez have hinted that the film could lead to multiple sequels.[126] On February 6, 2019, they announced that they have plans for Alita: Battle Angel 2 in the future. The casting of Edward Norton in a non-speaking role as Nova in this film was intended to be a setup for the sequel.[127] Additionally, the uncredited cameos by Michelle Rodriguez and Jai Courtney were meant to set up larger roles in a sequel.
I heard it had been commissioned but with Disney taking over Fox it's now in question.

Digital spy:

Hugh 24-05-2020 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 36036584)
I heard it had been commissioned but with Disney taking over Fox it's now in question.

Digital spy:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...-angel-sequel/
Quote:

According to our sources – the same ones who told us a Percy Jackson TV show is in the works and that live-action remakes of Robin Hood and Bambi are in development, all of which were correct – the studio are now reportedly considering green-lighting an Alita sequel. The higher-ups have noticed both the strong home video sales and a passionate fanbase that’s only getting bigger, which has led to discussions behind the scenes on returning to the 26th Century for another outing.

heero_yuy 24-05-2020 15:30

Thanks for posting that Hugh :tu: Good news if true. We enjoyed the film and the storyline certainly allows for a sequel.

General Maximus 24-05-2020 19:30

absolutely

ThunderPants73 31-05-2020 11:26

Six Days Seven Nights 7/10
Moneyball 7.5/10

Carth 31-05-2020 12:23

Old DVD found while rooting through drawers (ooooeerr missus)

Bottom Live - Weapons Grade Y Fronts Tour (2003)

Just over 1 hour 30 minutes of ridiculous plot, awful scenery, forgotten lines, ad-libs, foul language, sexual innuendo, bottom burps and gratuitous violence.

Loved it 10/10

*sigh* they can't make em like that anymore ;)

adzii_nufc 14-06-2020 12:13

Artemis Fowl. 2/10

Clearly intended to set up multiple sequels/franchise but they've killed it fairly quick. Clearly the budget was spent solely on CGI. An hour in and you notice 30 minutes are left and nothing has actually happened. The plot hasn't gone anywhere.

Carth 14-06-2020 12:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 36039747)
Artemis Fowl. 2/10

Clearly intended to set up multiple sequels/franchise but they've killed it fairly quick. Clearly the budget was spent solely on CGI. An hour in and you notice 30 minutes are left and nothing has actually happened. The plot hasn't gone anywhere.

I looked at reviews, saw very similar comments, gave it a swerve :)

cimt 14-06-2020 12:32

I did wanna give it a watch because it sounded like it could be awesome. Sounds like they totally butchered it though.

General Maximus 15-06-2020 09:24

I wasn't impressed from the trailer

tweetiepooh 15-06-2020 09:33

We watched a number of versions of Pilgrim's Progress. Some were pretty bad and we abandoned but 2 are really very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sK9Pz3SP8s - animated version, reasonably true to the original story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faeen3y7PV0 - a musical version made by a church in the US for $2500. This is not quite what you expect from the word musical. The script is in rhyming couplets (some are a bit strained) with a couple of songs but they fit in very well. It does depart a bit from the Bunyan version and some names are different. It's shot in Oregon and the scenery is beautiful. Highly recommend spending 90 mins on this.

General Maximus 13-07-2020 02:02

Feels like yonks since I did one of these. I think the last time was back in January for 1917.

Greyhound 7.5/10: Been a long time since I watched a WW2 film and this doesn't disappoint. One of the good things these days is that they can make films and show you things with visual effects that couldn't have been done before. You watch stuff like Band of Brothers and in the first ep they get shipped over to England for deployment. None of what they achieved thereafter would have been possible if not for the navy. Very good story.

The Old Guard 6.5/10: I enjoyed this a lot more than I was expecting to. 6.5 sounds like a low score but it doesn't mean the film was bad. Interesting story and good action but tbh you could see it was a tv movie and it felt like it needed a Hollywood touch and developing for the big screen.

denphone 13-07-2020 13:09

Rise of the Planet of the Apes 8/10.