Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Child sex inquiry: 31 charged (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33706722)

Taf 15-08-2018 16:08

Child sex inquiry: 31 charged

More of the same I'm afraid. :mad:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-45193514

nomadking 15-08-2018 16:27

Re: Child sex inquiry: 31 charged

As the recent documentary said, if you can't find them in a town/city, you're not looking.

Hugh 15-08-2018 16:58

Terrible

Chloé Palmas 15-08-2018 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35959714)
As the recent documentary said, if you can't find them in a town/city, you're not looking.

Yeah sadly that kind of thing / grooming gangs etc are prevalent all over the North and Midlands of the UK.

It is disgusting.

richard s 15-08-2018 19:45

Rats come to mind.... damn vermin. What the hell is wrong with this country.

Damien 15-08-2018 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard s (Post 35959794)
Rats come to mind.... damn vermin. What the hell is wrong with this country.

It's not just this country unfortunately: https://www.vox.com/2018/8/15/176899...ylvania-report

There are some evil people around.

RichardCoulter 15-08-2018 21:27

The local news programme has said that it again appears to be British Asian men involved in this. I'm beginning to wonder if there is some kind of organised paedophile ring operating within this community.

Thankfully, it looks like lessons were learned from the Rotherham incidents and its not been hushed up or swept under the carpet this time for misguided PC reasons.

nomadking 15-08-2018 21:42

I'm always puzzled by the constant references to "Asian". Not many Japanese or Chinese names involved. The actual common factor is something else that we're not allowed to mention.

The girls in these sorts of cases are trafficked around the country. That can't happen without a very wide conspiracy going on. How are they establishing the networks and nothing leaking out to the police?

RichardCoulter 15-08-2018 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35959844)
I'm always puzzled by the constant references to "Asian". Not many Japanese or Chinese names involved. The actual common factor is something else that we're not allowed to mention.

The girls in these sorts of cases are trafficked around the country. That can't happen without a very wide conspiracy going on. How are they establishing the networks and nothing leaking out to the police?

I believe that it's Pakistanis to be more precise, You're right, why not simply say that. I guess the PC types will say that the race of the perpetrators is irrelevant.

Chloé Palmas 15-08-2018 22:21

I had a feeling that the discussion was going to come down to this pretty fast...

Damien 15-08-2018 22:27

In the UK we've used Asian to refer to a far broader area of the world than just the Far East. There is no way this is the first time you've heard the word Asian to refer to the Indian subcontinent.

Chloé Palmas 15-08-2018 22:47

?

I never said that it was...

nomadking 15-08-2018 23:30

Oxford
Quote:

All of the men were of Pakistani origin apart from two brothers, who were from north Africa.

Link
Quote:

The front page of yesterday’s Sunday Mirror read ‘Britain’s ‘worst ever’ child grooming scandal exposed: Hundreds of young girls raped, beaten, sold for sex and some even KILLED.’ Like the scandals in Rotherham, Rochdale, Oxfordshire and a growing list of other places, it seems that the victims are, once again, white British girls and the perpetrators men of ‘Asian’ background. Of course while in most other situations the word ‘Asian’ means ‘Asian’, for these purposes ‘Asian’ means ‘men of Muslim background, mainly Pakistani’.

Quote:

The review said that while perpetrators’ individual beliefs are not known, they “all appear to come from a non-white, predominantly Asian/British minority ethnic culture or background” – as in Rotherham, Rochdale and Oxfordshire, while a grooming gang in Bristol were from a Somali background.

Newcastle
Quote:

Of eight victims covered in the trials, six were white and two were of African heritage, while the perpetrators came from a diverse range of backgrounds including Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Indian, Iranian, Iraqi, Kurdish, Turkish, Albanian and Eastern European.

Quote:

Hindu and Sikh groups have objected to media use of the "Asian" description saying that the culprits were "almost always of Pakistani origin" and "Muslim". They contend that clouding the issue by calling them "Asians" is unfair towards other groups and detrimental to a frank discussion.

That doesn't include the thousands of men the girls were "pimped" out to, who are not included in any figures.

Paul 16-08-2018 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chloé Palmas (Post 35959784)
Yeah sadly that kind of thing / grooming gangs etc are prevalent all over the North and Midlands of the UK.

I'm pretty sure they are all over the country, not just the "North and Midlands".

Chloé Palmas 16-08-2018 02:30

Oh I don't doubt that but the sheer volume and propensity of stories you hear about that come from the Midlands, North / northern Shires etc is just astonishing. Disproportionately the cases (by volume) seem to center around parts of the country outside of London and the South.

Also, for practicality and logistical reasons (surveillance / population levels etc) it is a lot easier to spot the kind of shenanigans we are talking of, when it comes to the South.

I am sure it does go on - just not to the voracity. Though granted, we'll never know unless they do get caught so if they continue to get away with it, gangs like this could be getting away with all kinds of despicable behavior all across the lower half of the country, too.