Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   3 girls going to Syria (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33700220)

Gary L 25-02-2015 10:30

3 girls going to Syria

why are we so bothered about it?
what if they were 3 boys?
what if we were to drag them back saying we protected you and they start kicking and screaming shouting they want us dead?

they chose to go. they know why they want to go.

are we expecting them to say "thank you for protecting me. we don't know what we were thinking"?

heero_yuy 25-02-2015 10:38

Re: 3 girls going to Syria

The letters page contributors today in my redtop were firmly of the opinion that they should be left out there and not let back in this country especially once they find out that there's no phones, no showers, no facebook and that they'll be expected to spread their legs for every jihadi that come along.

One thing that really got up my nose about this was the parents going on about the security services should have stopped them when they (parents) had no idea what was going on in the minds of their silly little cows.

If they didn't have an inkling why should the security services who have, quite frankly, more important things to take care of than absconding children, be of superior knowledge?

Gary L 25-02-2015 10:49

Well I think we can certainly say that they didn't put their brains together and decide

"I'll make the cups of teas and dinners"
"I'll do their washing and cleaning"
and "I'll do the sewing and ironing"

they're not stupid. they put their minds together knowing why they wanted to go. and now it's our problem for not 'protecting' them.

we can have leaflets saying once you go. there's no coming back.
do you need to talk to a counselor?
nobody under 18 allowed.

Osem 25-02-2015 10:59

And if MI5 had been discovered keeping tabs on their every move, I dare say there'd have been an uproar about that too. I reckon very few parents would want accept their child was planning to join IS until it was proved they had already done so. To that extent the authorities have a very difficult balancing act to perform.

007stuart 25-02-2015 19:29

Just a point to ponder, I wonder how their parents tried to integrate into UK society when they settled here?

I am all for immigrants maintaining customs from their home country but it is just as important to understand that by moving here they have to adapt to our way of life.

Sirius 25-02-2015 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35761381)
The letters page contributors today in my redtop were firmly of the opinion that they should be left out there and not let back in this country especially once they find out that there's no phones, no showers, no facebook and that they'll be expected to spread their legs for every jihadi that come along.

One thing that really got up my nose about this was the parents going on about the security services should have stopped them when they (parents) had no idea what was going on in the minds of their silly little cows.

If they didn't have an inkling why should the security services who have, quite frankly, more important things to take care of than absconding children, be of superior knowledge?

Dam right. Leave them in the sewer that they so wanted to be in.

Pierre 25-02-2015 20:10

3 supposedly intelligent young women, they went of their own free will.

I don't know what they were promised, or what picture was painted for them.

But they will no doubt already be facing a very harsh reality.

It's very sad. Once they realise what they have left behind to what their life and their future now is.

Ignitionnet 25-02-2015 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35761379)
why are we so bothered about it?

I have no idea, but let's hope they don't rush back.

RizzyKing 26-02-2015 04:57

They left and should not be let back in and it is not the states job to watch what every person does what really got me worked up was an interview a family member gave saying they were "taken" utter rubbish from a family that clearly wasn't bothering enough to notice the radicalisation of one of their children. Child soldiers are not new and whilst they may be kids put a bomb in their hands or an AK and choices rapidly diminish horrible as this sounds I hope they get slotted before they infiltrate back into the UK to recruit or radicalise others. If there is anger towards Islam it is in no small part due to the utter failure to deal with the extremists hiding in plain sight in many mosques and being allowed to spout their garbage.

In general Muslims are peaceful and contributing members to the UK but the time is coming where to continue enjoying that more then words are going to be needed in addressing extremists and radicalisation of the young that is ongoing.

TheDaddy 28-02-2015 07:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 35761508)
3 supposedly intelligent young women, they went of their own free will.

I don't know what they were promised, or what picture was painted for them.

But they will no doubt already be facing a very harsh reality.

It's very sad. Once they realise what they have left behind to what their life and their future now is.

Tend to agree, its shocking how bright most of the people flocking to the cause seem to be, these three are going to learn a harsh lesson the hard way, if they can come back deradicalised and serve as an example for other hotheaded young muslims and stop them making the same mistakes then that can't be a bad thing imo.

Mr Angry 28-02-2015 08:17

I think it's the worst Enid Blyton title ever.

Maggy 28-02-2015 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Angry (Post 35761958)

It's been a looooong time since anyone got me to swallow my tea the wrong way..Bad boy.;)

richard s 28-02-2015 12:55

Lets hope that their offspring do not come here and cause terrorist related atrocities.

I also demand that their parents pay the tax back which went to educate these silly girls.

Ignitionnet 28-02-2015 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Angry (Post 35761958)

I dunno there are a few options.

Noddy and His Three Wives AKA Four in a Family.
Jihadtime Story Book.
Burkha Tales.
A Story Book of Muhammad

I'm beginning to wonder about her own story titles now though.

The Hidey-Hole.
The Secret Mountain

Hmm. I think you're onto something here, Mr A.

lowei 28-02-2015 18:41

Wish there was more of them going.
If i could afford it i would pay for the taxi and air fare,
Manchester, Liverpool, leeds and bradford airport.
Sod it i will personally drive them there.