Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Internet Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   VPN recommendations for Kodi (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705341)

Paul 31-07-2018 01:01

Re: VPN recommendations for Kodi

I'm curious, unless you are using it for less than legal purposes, why would you need a VPN for Kodi ?

OLD BOY 05-08-2018 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35957386)
I'm curious, unless you are using it for less than legal purposes, why would you need a VPN for Kodi ?

Maybe to gain access to free to air programmes in other countries.

I have relatives in Australia, and it would be good to watch their news programmes. I would not even think of trying to access premium content, where rights issues become problematic.

SnoopZ 05-08-2018 14:18

Just to come back to this...

I never ended up getting a VPN and can't remember why i was even asking, i just use Kodi to watch any TV series or movie i want to, not for gaining access to premium sports events etc. Kodi makes it alot easier it just feels like Netflix and i certainly dont pay anyone any money for doing this.

pip08456 05-08-2018 14:31

For anyone using Kodi for "legal" purposes a VPN will allow geolocked content.

Both Kodi and TvAddons only host addons which allow legal verified content.

That said there are other repositories.

SnoopZ 16-07-2019 10:41

So i just took the prime 50% offer for Ipvanish so $3.25 a month, hope i made an ok choice as they have an app i can use on my 4K fire sticks i just bought for £25 each on prime day and Kodi works fantastic on them?

What is the best country to connect to when using it with Kodi?

pip08456 16-07-2019 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36002857)
So i just took the prime 50% offer for Ipvanish so $3.25 a month, hope i made an ok choice as they have an app i can use on my 4K fire sticks i just bought for £25 each on prime day and Kodi works fantastic on them?

What is the best country to connect to when using it with Kodi?

I have no problems using a UK VPN server with Kodi. The VPN by-passes any IP blocks.

SnoopZ 16-07-2019 12:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36002863)
I have no problems using a UK VPN server with Kodi. The VPN by-passes any IP blocks.

Do you get more streams using a UK one on a VPN as opposed to not using a VPN?

pip08456 16-07-2019 13:10

Yes.

IvanDenis 28-12-2019 05:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35958234)

To be completely honest, I would love to suggest to people like OP to "walk into traffic" as my first reaction. I know deep down that there are lots of legitimate VPN users, especially got getting around geoblocking (which is typically "fair game" as long as the origin of the content is legal). However, I also know that OP isn't one of them, and I honestly don't care if a fly-by-night user gets their feelings hurt.

SnoopZ 28-12-2019 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by IvanDenis (Post 36021366)
To be completely honest, I would love to suggest to people like OP to "walk into traffic" as my first reaction. I know deep down that there are lots of legitimate VPN users, especially got getting around geoblocking (which is typically "fair game" as long as the origin of the content is legal). However, I also know that OP isn't one of them, and I honestly don't care if a fly-by-night user gets their feelings hurt.

Oh i see you won't last long on this forum and i see 'you're the fly by night user'.

SnoopZ 26-01-2020 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35958234)

I'm starting to move away from Kodi and now use an app called CinemaHD from Troy website as there is no messing about i just side load it and then that is it and the streams seem far better in my experience, and the interface is great, it does what i need it for and that is TV Shows and Movies.

Give it a try if you haven't already?