Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

andygrif 10-05-2004 11:12

Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

I thought the same Neil - there was an awful lot of dialogue in Vol 2 that was uneccesary to the plot, which could have been cut - making a 2.5 hour single film.

Chris 10-05-2004 11:14

Saw Sleepy Hollow on C4 last week. Surprisingly good - far better than I thought it was going to be. Johnny Depp put in a stonking performance and the visualisation was very atmospheric and effective. 8/10

imback 10-05-2004 11:32

Watched Starsky and Hutch last night, cheesey as hell, loved it, thought it was great :D

Paul K 10-05-2004 21:06

Last film I saw at the movies was "Along came Polly" :shocked: , not bad, funny in places, prior to that I saw "Love Actually" which was a good film, not that I like going to "Chick Flicks" :disturbd: but I got dragged there ;)

altis 10-05-2004 22:19

Cliffhanger with Silvester Stalone - crap - No wonder Tescos were selling it cheap.

Tezcatlipoca 10-05-2004 22:24

Grosse Pointe Blank - 8/10

I've seen it before, many times, but I still love it. Great film.

SOSAGES 11-05-2004 11:27

the movies i watched this weekend where ::
paycheck - ben afleck - typical hollywood big budget film that u feel u need to watch as someone spent a long time making it and it cost a bomb but it sucks and u know it sucks but u still watch it for the special fx and fight scenes and the ladies.

4/10

club dread:
random slaher comedy set on tropical island - low budget (fox search light) i laughed once was better than paycheck but only because it didnt try and be good- oh and the ladies were nicer had a silly silly silly ending nice ladies btw -

5/10

House of the dead:
based on the sega game of the same name even has random clips of the game - zombies eat a lot of partying people. ends just like the first game like resident evil film did. was naff in fact so crap i just had to watch it to see how rubbish it eventually got i was not disapointed but after watching it i felt happy i managed to sit through it - i have to wonder how people get paid to make movies like this - it did contain a few naked ladies but they soon died :(

3/10

Master and commander -
russel being a sailor i got to the bit where someone got shot as the doc was trying to save a bird. posibbly the most boring film of the lot but overall it was certainly better than the others i just didnt bother watching the end, what it needed was a load of sea battles and some swearing

6/10 only because it would then tie with club dread and thats a real bad film and russle would be upset.

aliferste 11-05-2004 13:01

Van Helsing....3/10 acting awfull, story pitiful and some of the bits were funny for the wrong reasons.

Shawn of the Dead .....7/10 class film, made me laugh.

orangebird 11-05-2004 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliferste
Van Helsing....3/10 acting awfull, story pitiful and some of the bits were funny for the wrong reasons.

<snip>

I haven't seen it, but IMO it deserves 12/10 just for the presence of Hugh Jackman... :drool:

homealone 11-05-2004 13:15

The Last Samurai

very moving story, beautiful scenery & it was nice to see action scenes without cgi & 'bullet time' effects.

8/10

aliferste 11-05-2004 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by homealone
The Last Samurai

very moving story, beautiful scenery & it was nice to see action scenes without cgi & 'bullet time' effects.

8/10

AAAAAAIIIIEEEEEEEEE America saves the Japanese Samurais honour
:rolleyes: ;)

aliferste 11-05-2004 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangebird
I haven't seen it, but IMO it deserves 12/10 just for the presence of Hugh Jackman... :drool:

Spend the money you would on the cinema by buying his calander. ;)

homealone 11-05-2004 13:22

Quote:

AAAAAAIIIIEEEEEEEEE America saves the Japanese Samurais honour
:rolleyes: ;)

lol - yes I carefully avoided the question of whether it was historically accurate, I just thought it was a nice film :)

Nugget 11-05-2004 13:27

Quote:

Shawn of the Dead .....7/10 class film, made me laugh.

D'oh - I forgot Shaun of the Dead - great film, 10 / 10, and best of all, British!

Salu 11-05-2004 15:05

Taking lives....with Angelina Jolie.

As if that wasn't reason enough, it was a very good psychological thriller which wasn't plainly predictable. About a serial killer who after killing his victims stole their identity and lived their lives until he outgrew their age.

8/10