Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Challenge Cup (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33654768)

Mal 30-08-2009 02:18

Challenge Cup

Link

[SPOILER=BBC Sport]Warrington lifted the Challenge Cup for the first time since 1974 after beating Huddersfield in a superb Wembley final.[/SPOILER]

Sirius 14-07-2013 20:44

Re: Challenge Cup

Some excellent games so far this weekend. Just the game tomorrow night to complete the quarter finals.

Shadow Demon UK 14-07-2013 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35595205)
Some excellent games so far this weekend. Just the game tomorrow night to complete the quarter finals.

There is the potential for a very good final after todays semi final draw Sirius ;)

Sirius 15-07-2013 06:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK (Post 35595211)
There is the potential for a very good final after todays semi final draw Sirius ;)

One that a lot of fans want to see and that's a Warrington V Wigan final. :)

denphone 15-07-2013 06:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35595266)
One that a lot of fans want to see. :)

:Yes:

Sirius 15-07-2013 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35595270)
:Yes:

Shame you will have done it by having a easy time in this game tonight and in the next.

In fact looking at the way this game is going you might has well just book your tickets now as you have been given a bye to the final because we all know Broncos will never beat you and are only where they are because they played championship games all the way through.

denphone 15-07-2013 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35595559)
Shame you will have done it by having a easy time in this game tonight and in the next.

In fact looking at the way this game is going you might has well just book your tickets now as you have been given a bye to the final.

:D:D

Sirius 15-07-2013 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35595564)
:D:D

Just turned the game off in disgust complete waste of time tonight.

Shadow Demon UK 15-07-2013 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35595559)

In fact looking at the way this game is going you might has well just book your tickets now as you have been given a bye to the final because we all know Broncos will never beat you and are only where they are because they played championship games all the way through.

I remember a few years ago we had Catalan in the semi finals, before they became half decent. Everyone said it would be a walkover, so i bought tickets for the final in anticipation. What happened? Yep we lost, so i got to see St. Helens beat Catalan in the final :(

The moral of the story, anything can happen in a semi final :p:

Sirius 15-07-2013 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK (Post 35595614)
I remember a few years ago we had Catalan in the semi finals, before they became half decent. Everyone said it would be a walkover, so i bought tickets for the final in anticipation. What happened? Yep we lost, so i got to see St. Helens beat Catalan in the final :(

The moral of the story, anything can happen in a semi final :p:

Somehow I dont see the broncos beating you. So as long as long as we beat hull fc we will see you at Wembley

denphone 16-07-2013 06:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35595631)
Somehow I dont see the broncos beating you. So as long as long as we beat hull fc we will see you at Wembley

And really your team should beat them Siruis.;)

Sirius 17-07-2013 20:52

Guy at work today who supports the pies was telling me how he has already been and paid for his ticket for Wembley and that the pies shop is openly selling their ALLOCATED tickets already. Now i would love to see his face if they end up getting beaten by the Broncos next week. :LOL:

denphone 17-07-2013 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35596349)
Guy at work today who supports the pies was telling me how he has already been and paid for his ticket for Wembley and that the pies shop is openly selling their ALLOCATED tickets already. Now i would love to see his face if they end up getting beaten by the Broncos next week. :LOL:

That not going to happen old bean but you can dream about if you like.;)

Sirius 17-07-2013 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35596355)
That not going to happen old bean but you can dream about if you like.;)

How many times have you said that and ended up with egg on your face. Oh btw remember my pm well get ready for the poo hitting the fan. :LOL:

Sirius 27-07-2013 06:51

So are you pie fans going to watch the your team in your bye this afternoon have you already booked your tickets for Wembley ?

Its a joke that the BBC and the RFL have put this game on in the Saturday afternoon slot. We are trying to get the game of rugby league out to the masses and they put what will be a complete walk over on. If they really wanted to advertise the game better they should have played the Warrington V Hull game on the Saturday because at least in that game they would have seen a real fight between 2 teams that still want to win. The broncos will be out of the game in the first half with a totally embarrassing score line that i predict will be at least 30 - 0 at that point and so will i feel the tv viewers.

So for anyone who wanted to dip there toe in the Rugby league world, i suggest you watch the game on Sunday night for a better idea of what the game is about Its on BBC2 HD at 18.00