Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media News Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33607712)

Gavin-D 02-07-2022 14:54

Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

What sort of deals are folk getting at the moment to stay when your contract is up? Mine runs out in 4 weeks, and it will go up to above £100.

Seriously thinking of ditching VM as bar the fast internet I can get the other channels I watch through streaming services.

Jaymoss 02-07-2022 15:25

I will be renegotiating end of the month. I called a couple of months back and said I can not afford to pay any more than I am now due to the credit crisis and he said he would put a not on my account to renew the deal I am not now. I will not accept that as there will be an increase next year so the only deal I will take will be £3 to 5 less than I am on now.

More than happy to walk. I am single and can live with slower speeds if I have to

jfman 02-07-2022 19:14

I binned VM to go to Now. Got about £100 in compensation from Openreach due to delayed install, plus £80 cash back. After 4 months joined VM again with mates rates. Paying less for everything plus an O2 SIM than I did for 200 meg, a Vodafone SIM and whatever XL TV gets called these days.

Gavin-D 02-07-2022 20:07

My contract expires on August 2nd would I have to wait until the 3rd to give notice of intention to leave, or can it be done in advance?

Rillington 09-08-2022 16:17

Call wait times seen to be lengthy.

Mr K 13-08-2022 06:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rillington (Post 36130718)
Call wait times seen to be lengthy.

They are and if its an overseas call centre you have to hang up and start again, as you'll wasting your time trying to negotiate a new deal.
If a Scotsman answers, you're in !

Chris James 15-08-2022 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36131136)
They are and if its an overseas call centre you have to hang up and start again, as you'll wasting your time trying to negotiate a new deal.
If a Scotsman answers, you're in !

I got my latest deal by opening a live chat. Started then I was asked if I wanted to continue through WhatsApp which I accepted (meaning a full record of the chat). It began by being told that as my current 18 month contract ended in 8 weeks' time this was the ideal time to negotiate. Might have been sales talk but my monthly bill was due to go up from £99 to £142. Negotiated for an HOUR and got a new contract for £92 with amazing extra benefits that I wasn't expecting e.g. Sky UHD, Netflix, Free landline calls extended to 40 countries abroad, 1gb internet speed (from 600) etc.

joglynne 15-08-2022 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris James (Post 36131298)
I got my latest deal by opening a live chat. Started then I was asked if I wanted to continue through WhatsApp which I accepted (meaning a full record of the chat). It began by being told that as my current 18 month contract ended in 8 weeks' time this was the ideal time to negotiate. Might have been sales talk but my monthly bill was due to go up from £99 to £142. Negotiated for an HOUR and got a new contract for £92 with amazing extra benefits that I wasn't expecting e.g. Sky UHD, Netflix, Free landline calls extended to 40 countries abroad, 1gb internet speed (from 600) etc.

Well done. My current contract ends in a couple of months so I shall try the same route. I hate phoning up and having to say I want to leave (which would be a lie) just so that I can get through to retentions. Your way seems a lot better. :tu: