Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tivo V6 : Slow/unresponsive V6 box (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709059)

saabmania2 23-05-2020 19:48

Slow/unresponsive V6 box

We seem to now have an unresponsive V6 box, broadband as I said on another thread is very slow 350mb service I'm getting a max of around 32mb, for the last week we have had little or no service at all, it started last Friday and the service was glitchy then on Monday both the BB and TV service completely failed for 4 days and only came back on Thursday evening, other parts of my street are having issues too

I'm sure sure how wide the current issues go but when it crashed earlier this week it was around a 4 square mile area that was effected.

do you think all these issues are related to the original issue and if so do we think they still haven't fixed it completely hence all the issues I'm still having :confused:

OLD BOY 23-05-2020 19:51

Re: Slow/unresponsive V6 box

Quote:

Originally Posted by saabmania2 (Post 36036368)
We seem to now have an unresponsive V6 box, broadband as I said on another thread is very slow 350mb service I'm getting a max of around 32mb, for the last week we have had little or no service at all, it started last Friday and the service was glitchy then on Monday both the BB and TV service completely failed for 4 days and only came back on Thursday evening, other parts of my street are having issues too

I'm sure sure how wide the current issues go but when it crashed earlier this week it was around a 4 square mile area that was effected.

do you think all these issues are related to the original issue and if so do we think they still haven't fixed it completely hence all the issues I'm still having :confused:

I'd report it if I were you!

SnoopZ 23-05-2020 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by saabmania2 (Post 36036368)

Yes i think its still not fixed, have you tried phoning up, sometimes you get a recorded message saying they know there is an issue even before you speak to a human.

saabmania2 23-05-2020 20:19

Yes SnoopZ I phoned up earlier after we spoke on my other thread about the BB issues but in the last 15 mins or so they are showing a Broadband issue in my area so that might be something to do with it,
but would this slow down the channel search functions? if so I'll leave it until Monday and see it it gets any better, I was told I would receive a call back Monday to book an engineer but my experience tells me it'll be me making the phone call

spiderplant 23-05-2020 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by saabmania2 (Post 36036390)
but would this slow down the channel search functions?

Yes, it's very possible. Any V6 function that displays programme artwork uses the broadband, and can respond slowly if there are broadband issues.

Raider999 24-05-2020 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by saabmania2 (Post 36036390)
Yes SnoopZ I phoned up earlier after we spoke on my other thread about the BB issues but in the last 15 mins or so they are showing a Broadband issue in my area so that might be something to do with it,
but would this slow down the channel search functions? if so I'll leave it until Monday and see it it gets any better, I was told I would receive a call back Monday to book an engineer but my experience tells me it'll be me making the phone call

As Monday is a Bank Holiday I suspect so.