Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   4K : New deal (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33712621)

andrewshearman 14-04-2024 21:55

New deal

516Mbps
£85
a month*
M500 Fibre Broadband, 230+ channels inc. Sky Sports HD & Sky Cinema HD. Netflix Standard. Anytime chatter. Unlimited O2 sim.
Do you get all TNT sports as well ?

thanks Andrew.

Paul 14-04-2024 23:12

Re: New deal

[ Title fixed ]

Hopefully you will get a new keyboard, with the facility for capital letters. :erm:

newapollo 14-04-2024 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewshearman (Post 36173532)
516Mbps
£85
a month*
M500 Fibre Broadband, 230+ channels inc. Sky Sports HD & Sky Cinema HD. Netflix Standard. Anytime chatter. Unlimited O2 sim.
Do you get all TNT sports as well ?

thanks Andrew.

TNT Sports has been a standalone add on priced at £18 per month on a 30 day rolling contract for new and customers recontracting customers since September last year.
EDIT - Have a word with sales and see if you can negotiate a cheaper price than £18 for adding TNT Sports.

andrewshearman 16-04-2024 23:15

ok thanks.

andrewshearman 18-04-2024 00:13

TV Packs
Edit

Sky Entertainment & Netflix
18 month contract
Previous price £28, now £23
£28
£23
a month

Sky Sports
18 month contract
Previous price £28, now £20
£28
£20
a month

TNT Sports
31 day rolling
Previous price £30, now £25
£30
£25
a month
Broadband
Edit

Sky Full Fibre 100
18 months minimum term included as standard.
£15
£15
a month

Sky Pay As You Talk
18 month minimum term included as standard. You pay for the calls you make
Included
Included
Monthly total
£83
Your monthly savings
£18
is this a good deal?

vincerooney 18-04-2024 01:13

I got this offer i'm currently paying £79 a month with loyalty bonus. I get Netflix and TNT Sports currently in my package:

Virgin Media Main services

Broadband Installation

Virgin TV 360

Kids Pick

Sky Sports HD

Sky Sports & Cinema HD

Mega TV

Phone Line Rental

Anytime chatter

M500 Gig1 Fibre Broadband
Main services total
£43.00**
Current monthly price from month 19
£118.00**
Virgin Media add-ons

Sky Sports SD

Sky Cinema UHD

WiFi Max
Add-ons total
£38.00
(30 day rolling contract)
Virgin Media monthly total
£81.00**
£156.00**

Questions

1) Why does sky sports SD show up as virgin media extras and yet sky sports and cinema HD show up in my main package?

2) Will this include Netflix? its not listed?

3) It says for tv its "virgin media 360". cant i keep my v6s? Also i have 3 boxes. is this contract just for one box as its only mentioned "virgin media 360" once?

thanks all. dont know whether to write an email which is how i got my last offer!

1701-e 18-04-2024 09:32

The offers on 360 will be much better than V6. You'd need to check with them re Netflix etc. My renewal offer did include Netflix and 2nd box even though they weren't listed on the email offer but they definitely won't include TNT sports if that's important for you

Kevc69 18-04-2024 14:05

I can't believe that later this year I've got a choice of Virgin Media, my phone or nothing.
My current package including 2 360 boxes is likeley to run out at nearly £150 pm, openreach can't manage more than 8gb internet and have no idea when that might change. Lots of teams laying cable but no exchange to connect it to or use my mobile internet piggy backed to my computer.
So much for the alleged second city.

OLD BOY 18-04-2024 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincerooney (Post 36173676)
I got this offer i'm currently paying £79 a month with loyalty bonus. I get Netflix and TNT Sports currently in my package:

Virgin Media Main services

Broadband Installation

Virgin TV 360

Kids Pick

Sky Sports HD

Sky Sports & Cinema HD

Mega TV

Phone Line Rental

Anytime chatter

M500 Gig1 Fibre Broadband
Main services total
£43.00**
£118.00**
Virgin Media add-ons

Sky Sports SD

Sky Cinema UHD

WiFi Max
Add-ons total
£38.00
(30 day rolling contract)
Virgin Media monthly total
£81.00**
£156.00**

Questions

1) Why does sky sports SD show up as virgin media extras and yet sky sports and cinema HD show up in my main package?

2) Will this include Netflix? its not listed?

3) It says for tv its "virgin media 360". cant i keep my v6s? Also i have 3 boxes. is this contract just for one box as its only mentioned "virgin media 360" once?

thanks all. dont know whether to write an email which is how i got my last offer!

Why are you so concerned about the 360 box?

There are one or two minor things the V6 offers that the 360 doesn’t but the 360 offers some big advantages such as profiles, which has been very handy for us. Some of the early disadvantages have now been resolved, and the 360 offers more streamers than the V6, which will become more noticeable with time.

As time goes on, changes will come at a speedier pace, and we all need to get used to this.

Itshim 19-04-2024 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36173717)
Why are you so concerned about the 360 box?

There are one or two minor things the V6 offers that the 360 doesn’t but the 360 offers some big advantages such as profiles, which has been very handy for us. Some of the early disadvantages have now been resolved, and the 360 offers more streamers than the V6, which will become more noticeable with time.

As time goes on, changes will come at a speedier pace, and we all need to get used to this.

Just for information not looking for a "fight" is the 360 so much ,if at all better for streaming that a smart tv? No idea what profiles offer other yet more information for marketers :rolleyes:

jfman 19-04-2024 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36173717)

Virgin are still using the 2011 TiVo. Sky are only now retiring SD boxes decades old. I suspect the only person who needs to get used to anything is you and disappointment with your 20xx prediction.

If vincerooney, or anyone else, wants to stick to the old interface for any reason they please then so be it.

Virgin offer less streamers than your average smart TV.

vincerooney 19-04-2024 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 36173766)
Virgin are still using the 2011 TiVo. Sky are only now retiring SD boxes decades old. I suspect the only person who needs to get used to anything is you and disappointment with your 20xx prediction.

If vincerooney, or anyone else, wants to stick to the old interface for any reason they please then so be it.

aye its my mum who i live with. shes 72 and has got very used to the tivo box and has all her recordings and favourites haha. shes very, very good with tech to be fair so i'm sure she'd be fine with the 360 box and software but change always scares. she had an old nokia phone until a few years ago as she didn't need an iphone she claimed as she had an ipad and didnt need to use an iphone if she was out and about.

now i take her out for meals and she spends the entire meal on her iphone hahha.

does anyone know what would happen with the 3 boxes on 360 software? apparently its only 2 boxes and a mini available?

spiderplant 20-04-2024 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincerooney (Post 36173772)
does anyone know what would happen with the 3 boxes on 360 software? apparently its only 2 boxes and a mini available?

If you've got three V6s, they should all be converted to 360. You don't have to have miniboxes.

But if you've got a mix of V6 and TiVo, the TiVos would be swapped to minis

OLD BOY 20-04-2024 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 36173766)

What are you on about? I was just trying to reassure Vince and others on here that the 360 was a perfectly decent piece of kit. Although I liked the TiVo technology, I was not wedded to it as some seem to be on here.

While the V6s are likely to be around for a while yet, it is unlikely to carry any further enhancements, such as new streaming services, etc.

As for ‘my disappointment’ with my 2035 prediction - why would I be? It’s simply a prediction - we are not even half way there yet and the streamers are fast ascending in their popularity at the expense of the TV channels. That is exactly what I said would happen. You are the one obsessed with this, not me!

jfman 20-04-2024 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36173777)
What are you on about? I was just trying to reassure Vince and others on here that the 360 was a perfectly decent piece of kit. Although I liked the TiVo technology, I was not wedded to it as some seem to be on here.

While the V6s are likely to be around for a while yet, it is unlikely to carry any further enhancements, such as new streaming services, etc.

As for ‘my disappointment’ with my 2035 prediction - why would I be? It’s simply a prediction - we are not even half way there yet and the streamers are fast ascending in their popularity at the expense of the TV channels. That is exactly what I said would happen. You are the one obsessed with this, not me!

I was responding to your claim:

Quote:

I see no real evidence that this is actually true. Television is a well developed technology. Flashes in the pan come and go - (3D, curved TVs) - but fundamentally all that changes is they get bigger, higher resolution. Dated standards (and set top boxes) persist even in the face of superior technology.