Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   An email from Neil Berkett re: VM HD Channels (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33648082)

akki007 01-04-2009 16:52

An email from Neil Berkett re: VM HD Channels

I sent this to Neil Berkett today at 15:52:

"Mr Berkett,

In early December 2008 you announced “To date our HD content is limited, we only have a couple of HD channels today and we will be launching four channels over the next three months.”

Please could you clarify whether or not you were in fact referring to 4 non-HD channels being launched in the three month period following this announcement. I assume this is what you were referring to as the three month period has now passed and to date the only HD linear channel available on the Virgin Media platform is BBC HD.

I look forward to your response coming soon.

Kind regards

Aaron Atkinson
Loyal and long standing Virgin Media customer."

At 16:35 I received this:

"No I was referring to HD channels which was absolutely our intention. We are negotiating as we speak and will be launching 6 or seven channels at once shortly

Neil Berkett | Chief Executive Officer
Virgin Media"

I did post this in another thread but it is mangled in with other info and I thought it deserved a thread of it's own for discussion.

Chris 01-04-2009 16:58

Re: An email from Neil Berkett re: VM HD Channels

Interesting - did the reply come from Berkett's own email address?

akki007 01-04-2009 16:59

It did indeed! Obviously this doesn't mean it was from Neil himself though.

Chris 01-04-2009 17:02

No, but very few people will be proxied to his mailbox. Whether the words are his or someone from PR, it will have been sent with his express permission and the 'send' button pushed either by him or someone who works closely with him, probably his PA.

akki007 01-04-2009 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 34766749)
No, but very few people will be proxied to his mailbox. Whether the words are his or someone from PR, it will have been sent with his express permission and the 'send' button pushed either by him or someone who works closely with him, probably his PA.

Well, can we therefore take from this that six or seven HD linear channels are actually coming our way?! I do hope so. I did email back with a slightly tongue in cheek comment asking him to list the channels but no reply!!

Mobes 01-04-2009 17:19

Well done mate... lets see if he keeps to it... :)

akki007 01-04-2009 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mobes (Post 34766762)
Well done mate... lets see if he keeps to it... :)

I'm waiting for my reputation to go through the roof......nothing yet though! ;)

taugenichts 01-04-2009 17:45

I assume that "at once shortly" (????????????) now replaces "coming soon".

It's truly hilariously oxymoronic / contradictory. LOL.

akki007 01-04-2009 17:48

Not really. Makes sense to me. At worst it's missing a comma.

taugenichts 01-04-2009 17:53

Come to think of it, I assume the number of 'promised' channels too will grow arithmetically / geometrically with the passage of (yet more) time:

3 -> 6/7 -> 12-14 etc., etc.

Absolutely fed up with all the fine? words and lack of action.

---------- Post added at 17:53 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

Then he should have said 'at the same time' or simultaneously' to make himself clear?

nexy33 01-04-2009 18:19

and nobody is suprised with the date he replies in an inverse sort of way replying on the day of fools might be the only time we get truth out of his lying ass. "If you lie they will stay"

virginruinedntl 01-04-2009 18:41

lol, he didnt say 6-7 in today official press release, he's constantly lying in order to keep customers.

join this facebook petition group i just created: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=76027038034

windy 01-04-2009 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by virginruinedntl (Post 34766815)
lol, he didnt say 6-7 in today official press release, he's constantly lying in order to keep customers.

join this facebook petition group i just created: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=76027038034

Just joined the group..and started a topic..guess what it is..:)

Mad Dog 05-04-2009 13:37

When he says new HD channels in Q1, he may mean Apr- Jun 09. In most business's the financial year starts April not January.

Toto 05-04-2009 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Dog (Post 34769110)
When he says new HD channels in Q1, he may mean Apr- Jun 09. In most business's the financial year starts April not January.

It's January for VM, they run January to December.