Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   VOD : Netflix/Streaming Services (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33695779)

muppetman11 15-11-2013 11:06

Netflix/Streaming Services

A thread to discuss all things relating to Netflix such as news , what your currently watching etc.

What do people think of the new Netflix UI ? Its currently only available on PS3 , Roku 3 , XBOX with more devices to be added.

I think its a vast improvement on the previous UI , search is better also.

http://ukirelandblog.netflix.com/201...eover.html?m=1

harry_hitch 15-11-2013 11:11

re: Netflix/Streaming Services

I am enjoying it. I have not searched through anything on the TIVO, I am using the mobile app for that. The mobile app is excellent though.

No complaints so far.

Oh, currently re-living my childhood and enjoying The Muppet Christmas Carol!

muppetman11 15-11-2013 11:25

Marvel TV shows to debut on Netflix

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24864631

Just finished watching House of Cards (Kevin Spacey) and Lillyhammer.

andy_m 15-11-2013 11:32

Currently watching Sons of Anarchy. Don't know why but it passed me by originally. Really enjoying it. Also now on to season 3 of Breaking Bad.

Londonbornpaddy 15-11-2013 13:24

I have been a fan of Netflix for almost a year and it has got better and better. I used to have the Sky Movies package but it was such a waste of money and really after a month it was a waste of time as no good movies were on and the amount of repeats drove me mad. Netflix now has so many films and series that i actually have things backed up on "My list" when i find them. Also of course you can watch it on laptop or tablet or phone so long as you have a decent connection. Nothing but good things to say about it.

passingbat 15-11-2013 13:55

A great TV show that gets critical acclaim, but seems to be missed by many people (probably because it's shown on 5USA in the UK) is 'Justified'. Netflix have 3 seasons.

mike_gain 15-11-2013 14:10

I use streaming services mainly for the kids and they are loving Inspector Gadget, having never seen it before. Netflix even had the pilot episode where he had a mustache!

There's also a host of other content that the wife and I will be interested in and I like the integration with the TiVo box and the app seems reliable so good chance we will sign up once the free trial runs out (can't get the 6 months from Virgin as I'd have to loose out on my loyalty discount).

nialli 15-11-2013 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35645510)
A great TV show that gets critical acclaim, but seems to be missed by many people (probably because it's shown on 5USA in the UK) is 'Justified'. Netflix have 3 seasons.

I'll echo that - Justified, especially from the later episodes of season one, is outstanding.
I know everyone already knows about it but Breaking Bad really is as good as everyone says, getting bolder, braver and even more brilliant as it runs through the five seasons.
I'd also recommend Battlestar Galactica (especially for VM customers who missed it during the great Sky1 debacle a few years back); Firefly; House of Cards (both US and UK versions); The Killing (both versions); Orange is the new Black; and I've ever noticed that HBO/BBC drama Rome is on Netflix (the only HBO stuff I've seen though).
The UK content is fab too: Life on Mars, Cracker, Prime Suspect, Downton Abbey, Silk, Green Wing, The Thick of It, The IT Crowd...

mike_gain 15-11-2013 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by nialli (Post 35645512)
I'll echo that - Justified, especially from the later episodes of season one, is outstanding.
I know everyone already knows about it but Breaking Bad really is as good as everyone says, getting bolder, braver and even more brilliant as it runs through the five seasons.
I'd also recommend Battlestar Galactica (especially for VM customers who missed it during the great Sky1 debacle a few years back); Firefly; House of Cards (both US and UK versions); The Killing (both versions); Orange is the new Black; and I've ever noticed that HBO/BBC drama Rome is on Netflix (the only HBO stuff I've seen though).
The UK content is fab too: Life on Mars, Cracker, Prime Suspect, Downton Abbey, Silk, Green Wing, The Thick of It, The IT Crowd...

The benefit of these series is that they didn't get canned after one series so you can genuinely get into each series without the fear it's going to be dropped. That's the advantage of coming into a series late. I can see us using Netflix quite a lot in the quit summer months when our back log of Autumn/Winter recordings has dried up and noting new is on. Life on Mars is always worth a repeat viewing.

HDFootyMan 15-11-2013 18:11

Breaking Bad.

Nuff said.

zantarous 15-11-2013 18:14

If you haven't already seen it check out The League even if you are not into American football it is one heck of a funny show.

plaiter 15-11-2013 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_gain (Post 35645514)
Life on Mars is always worth a repeat viewing.

I agree with you. I am loving Netflix just started watching Life on Mars again and resisting the temptation to download some David Bowie songs to Spotify :)

I especially like the way you can watch on multiple devices and continue watching a show from one device to another.

The picture quality of Netflix on Tivo is great too.

Does anyone know of any good blogs to see the upcoming Netflix content ?

muppetman11 15-11-2013 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by plaiter (Post 35645634)
I agree with you. I am loving Netflix just started watching Life on Mars again and resisting the temptation to download some David Bowie songs to Spotify :)

I especially like the way you can watch on multiple devices and continue watching a show from one device to another.

The picture quality of Netflix on Tivo is great too.

I've just compared the same movie across LF , Netflix and Now TV on a PS3 and the difference was unbelievable , Netflix easily produced the best PQ by a country mile , I would say Now TV shaded it in second over LF.

passingbat 15-11-2013 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by plaiter (Post 35645634)

http://uk.istreamguide.com/

theone2k10 15-11-2013 23:27

For movie premiers o Netflix uk http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...vm-page-3.html