Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tivo V6 : Duplicate recordings glitch (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709130)

cheekyangus 15-06-2020 10:42

Duplicate recordings glitch

An odd one this.

I've got two Series Links for two different shows. They both have the same settings yet one records only one version of the show, and the other also records the HD channel and the +1.

The reason I'm comparing these particular two Series Links? They are both on the same channel within a couple hours of one another.

I can't think on any obvious reasons for one producing 1 recording and the other producing 3 recordings.

At a stretch maybe there is something hidden in the programme data, maybe it doesn't exist for the show only recording one episode, which is a new series, but it does for the show which is recording 3 copies, which is on Series 14.

BenMcr 15-06-2020 11:51

Re: Duplicate recordings glitch

Depends what the episode data is where it records both - If TiVo can't tell what the series / episode / new status is for instance it will err on the side of caution.

cheekyangus 15-06-2020 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenMcr (Post 36039847)
Depends what the episode data is where it records both - If TiVo can't tell what the series / episode / new status is for instance it will err on the side of caution.

I've seen it do it to other shows when it doesn't have a proper episode title, so I know what you mean. I don't think this wasn't the problem here, it had the correct title, episode number and New marking. And it's showing as going to repeat this multiple recording anomaly next week.

spiderplant 15-06-2020 12:35

I think you'll need to give us programme details to investigate this one further

cheekyangus 15-06-2020 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36039850)
I think you'll need to give us programme details to investigate this one further

Sure.

Supernatural on E4. It's on in early hours of Monday. I have identical settings on Batwoman and it only records E4 SD.

Many thanks BenMcr and spiderplant.

johnasimmons 15-06-2020 13:03

I tape both every week with no problems but although both are on E4HD they are SD broadcasts

spiderplant 15-06-2020 13:44

I don't see any obvious difference. I've just set a series link with default options for both of them, and it's only planning to record from E4, with no duplicates. What recording options do you have on them?

cheekyangus 15-06-2020 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36039862)
I don't see any obvious difference. I've just set a series link with default options for both of them, and it's only planning to record from E4, with no duplicates. What recording options do you have on them?

Recordings only, Start from: Series 1, New Only, All, If possible, 10 recordings, Space needed, On time, On time.

Got these same settings on both Batwoman and Supernatural, and only Supernatural does the HD and +1 recordings as well as SD channel.

Could there be a legacy Series Link problem as I probably had Supernatural on the Original Tivo and the link got carried over to the V6?

I'm wondering if deleting the Series Link and re-adding it might remove whatever's doing it.

spiderplant 15-06-2020 15:41

Ok, by using those settings I have reproduced the fault. I suspect the episode data is wrong for Supernatural and it thinks they are three different episodes. I'll get it looked at.

cheekyangus 15-06-2020 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36039873)
Ok, by using those settings I have reproduced the fault. I suspect the episode data is wrong for Supernatural and it thinks they are three different episodes. I'll get it looked at.

Top stuff. :tu: :tu: :tu:

OLD BOY 15-06-2020 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnasimmons (Post 36039860)
I tape both every week with no problems but although both are on E4HD they are SD broadcasts

You didn't actually mean 'tape' did you, John?

johnasimmons 16-06-2020 05:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36039902)
You didn't actually mean 'tape' did you, John?

Ha ha, no, record to TiVo, showing my age...

spiderplant 16-06-2020 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36039876)
Top stuff. :tu: :tu: :tu:

OK, it's fixed now. (Thanks, EPG fairy!)

cheekyangus 16-06-2020 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36039965)
OK, it's fixed now. (Thanks, EPG fairy!)

So I see.

I dub thee folks The EPG Whisperers.

Thanks again. :)

cheekyangus 26-06-2020 15:26

I looked at Planned Recordings just now and it's happening again.
OK it's not identical, there is no episode name or number this time, so I know the box is working as designed.

Different show this time and it looks like it's going to happen next week too.

World's Most Scenic Railway Journeys. 4 recordings HD/SD/+1/AD.

The box is due to connect in 2 hours so I'll delete the duplicates for this week if that doesn't sort it. (I know I can connect manually but that give more time for the info at the other end to be fixed, if I just leave it for now.)