Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tivo V6 : Upgrade to Premier then Cancel (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709965)

Jacquesb 16-04-2021 15:35

Upgrade to Premier then Cancel

I want to watch a Scottish football match this weekend on Premier Sports. Usually, I call VM Customer service, take Premier for a month, call again the next day to cancel so that I just pay for one month (£9.99).

Cannot get through at all this week, having waited over an hour twice but I see that I can upgrade on my TV; a bit concerned that I may not be able to cancel on my TV though and if CS remains uncontactable I could be unable to cancel.

Anyone got a bright idea for me on this ?

Matty993 16-04-2021 16:42

Re: Upgrade to Premier then Cancel

You cannot cancel on the TV, only via phone unfortunately.

cheekyangus 16-04-2021 16:43

If the VM route seems too much hassle, and you have a TV you can Screen Mirror/ Cast to, then you could use their App on your mobile or tablet. It's straightforward to cancel that. We did that for the League Cup Semi and Final.

ozsat 16-04-2021 17:11

8am-9am seems best time to get through. I called a few times recently and longest wait was 5 minutes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacquesb (Post 36077064)
I want to watch a Scottish football match this weekend on Premier Sports. Usually, I call VM Customer service, take Premier for a month, call again the next day to cancel so that I just pay for one month (£9.99).

Cannot get through at all this week, having waited over an hour twice but I see that I can upgrade on my TV; a bit concerned that I may not be able to cancel on my TV though and if CS remains uncontactable I could be unable to cancel.

Anyone got a bright idea for me on this ?

ScottishSteve 16-04-2021 17:58

From what I understand and been previously told you can’t put 30 days notice until you have had it for 30 days resulting in a min 60 daysi

Jacquesb 16-04-2021 19:27

Thanks for the responses - I did get through eventually, but they insisted I take BoxNation as well so cost would be £12.99 and I would have to go through all that pain again to cancel. VM's offering is great and good value but as ever their customer service is worse than awful. I'm going to have another read at the cord cutter sites !!!!

Mad Max 16-04-2021 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacquesb (Post 36077079)
Thanks for the responses - I did get through eventually, but they insisted I take BoxNation as well so cost would be £12.99 and I would have to go through all that pain again to cancel. VM's offering is great and good value but as ever their customer service is worse than awful. I'm going to have another read at the cord cutter sites !!!!

Hi mate, I'm guessing that the game you are wanting to watch is the Rangers v Cetic cup tie, if it's any help you can always try a site called Hesgoal, cost is zero, enjoy...

Mad Max 18-04-2021 11:04

Anyone know what this code stands for (error TU7/10341)?

Thx

SnoopZ 18-04-2021 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36077085)
Hi mate, I'm guessing that the game you are wanting to watch is the Rangers v Cetic cup tie, if it's any help you can always try a site called Hesgoal, cost is zero, enjoy...

Wow this Hesgoal site is perfect for watching Formula 1, currently watching it full screen on TV with Amazon Silk Browser.