Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   RIP Nikki Grahame (38) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709950)

Hom3r 10-04-2021 18:22

RIP Nikki Grahame (38)

Nikki Grahame: Big Brother star dies aged 38

https://news.sky.com/story/nikki-gra...ed-38-12271756

RichardCoulter 10-04-2021 18:51

Re: RIP Nikki Grahame (38)

Is that the contestant famous for saying "Who is she"?

Hom3r 10-04-2021 19:09

Yes, Anorexia claimed another victim.

My niece has this, but seems to have overcome those demons with the help of counselling, but she was very, very close to being admitted to hospital herself.

RichardCoulter 10-04-2021 19:17

Oh dear, I never knew that she had anorexia.

Good to know that your niece looks to be overcoming this.

Dude111 15-04-2021 08:39

Very sad -- Only 38???

:(

Jaymoss 15-04-2021 09:57

A little fame and media promoting false body image. Tragic indictment to the 21st century and modern culture

papa smurf 15-04-2021 10:23

It's very sad that someone so young has died, but I thought she was an awful person based on what i saw on TV.

Jaymoss 15-04-2021 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 36076970)
It's very sad that someone so young has died, but I thought she was an awful person based on what i saw on TV.

That is the whole point. TV made her into that person. Big Brother for a start and then being a minor celeb and media. It is basic psychology.
Jade Goody is another prime example but she pulled it around before she sadly died of cancer

Carth 15-04-2021 10:41

Advertisers and social media 'influencers', making the world a better place by making those difficult choices for us . . . like what we should wear, the hairstyle we need, the music we should listen to, the lotions/creams/make-up etc that will make us skint a better person ;)

Our bathroom is full of overpriced garbage that would make a Boots store look like a small market stall . . :rolleyes:

Jaymoss 15-04-2021 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36076972)
Advertisers and social media 'influencers', making the world a better place by making those difficult choices for us . . . like what we should wear, the hairstyle we need, the music we should listen to, the lotions/creams/make-up etc that will make us skint a better person ;)

Our bathroom is full of overpriced garbage that would make a Boots store look like a small market stall . . :rolleyes:

Annoys me that half the influencers can not turn mirror off on their selfie camera

Carth 15-04-2021 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36076973)
Annoys me that half the influencers can not turn mirror off on their selfie camera

And it's all so false isn't it, telling people how wonderful a product is when they've probably never used it in their life.

I believe the standards agency? have now insisted on the inclusion of things like 'part of a paid promotion' or 'sponsored by' etc . . . not that it makes much difference to those who blindly follow them.

Jaymoss 15-04-2021 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36076981)
And it's all so false isn't it, telling people how wonderful a product is when they've probably never used it in their life.

I believe the standards agency? have now insisted on the inclusion of things like 'part of a paid promotion' or 'sponsored by' etc . . . not that it makes much difference to those who blindly follow them.

Influencers have it great though don't they. Get 50K plus followers of YouTube and whatever you are promoting you get hordes of it free. Look at all these Mobile Phone reviewers, all they do is read a spec sheet and say if they like the camera or not and play a game and they get nearly every new phone thrown at them ( yeah I am jealous I do not have the charisma to pull it off )

And that pewdipie or what ever worth millions and I really do not get why

Paul 16-04-2021 05:53

None of them "influence" me since I dont bother with any of the mediums they use.