Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   mcdonalds is evil (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=1306)

kronas 23-07-2003 00:21

mcdonalds is evil

thats what the reverend john wright says in a gloucestershire parish magazine

"But Satan created McDonald's. And McDonald's brought forth the double cheeseburger. And McDonald's said to Man 'You want fries with that?' And Man gained pounds," says the article which is written in the style of the Bible's Old Testament

mcdonalds insists it is not the work of the devil

lol its evil all these fast food places are evil!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co....tentPK=6459064

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mark W 23-07-2003 00:30

having worked there for a shot while myself, i can indeed confirm that mcD's is truly the cesspool of satan :erm:

dieselking 23-07-2003 00:46

I know this is off topic to this thread but

Why is it that McD food never fills u up? U buy a burger & after earing it, u feel twice as hungry as u did before. I know a couple who went to Mcd for a kiddies party, had a meal there & on the way home they felt so hungry, they went to a chip shop for fish & chips

kronas 23-07-2003 01:00

they give you too little for what you pay for a premium price but not much there to eat

Jerrek 23-07-2003 02:57

Well, McDonald's and other fast food tend to be ... unhealthy. White bread doesn't fill you up. The burgers don't really fill me up either. The fries are OK though.

One thing I've noticed when I visited England is that your drinks are so, err, small.

Our large coke is 1.25 L, and our small is 0.5 L.

Your super-size is 0.75 L and your regular (small) is 0.25 L. In fact, your large coke is 0.5 L, which is equivalent to our small one...

Eh.

bob_a_builder 23-07-2003 07:20

Quote:

One thing I've noticed when I visited England is that your drinks are so, err, small.
That's how we as a nation manage to stay so slim (relatively) compared to the North Americans

Russ 23-07-2003 07:26

Quote:

Originally posted by Jerrek

Try the drinks in Wales, ours aren't so small :)

zoombini 23-07-2003 08:14

I think Bob has hit the nail on the head there.

Also "we" as a nation do not consume as much (quantity wise) in our fast food drinks.

I put it down to the weather, with the temperature being far lower we tend to lose less body fluid (sweat less) during the day & hence do not need to drink as much.

Scarlett 23-07-2003 08:23

Quote:

Well, McDonald's and other fast food tend to be ... unhealthy. White bread doesn't fill you up. The burgers don't really fill me up either. The fries are OK though.

Our large coke is 1.25 L, and our small is 0.5 L.

Your super-size is 0.75 L and your regular (small) is 0.25 L. In fact, your large coke is 0.5 L, which is equivalent to our small one...

Eh.

What's all this talk about litre's :shrug:

I though a large drink was a pint and a small drink was a half pint:D

As for why you want more after eating, that's due to some of the chemicals in the food that cause you to continue to feel hungry. I think they supress the chemicals produced by you body to tell you that your full.

Stuart 23-07-2003 09:36

Quote:

From Kronas' article
The article, written by an unknown parishioner in Old Testament-style, also claims the TV remote control, fried potatoes and even the NHS are evil.
My underline in there BTW.

ROFLMAO...

I've heard the NHS called many things, but not usuall evil...

Stuart 23-07-2003 09:41

Quote:

Typical :rolleyes: .

The americans always have to go bigger than us..:D :Peaceman:

The Diplomat 23-07-2003 09:52

Quote:

Originally posted by scastle
Typical :rolleyes: .

The americans always have to go bigger than us..:D :Peaceman:

ermmmm. mate, he's in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I think they hate the Americans more than us!! ;)

As for mcdonalds - microwaved food just doen't do it for me.

Bifta 23-07-2003 12:24

Quote:

Originally posted by The Diplomat
As for mcdonalds - microwaved food just doen't do it for me.
Ah you're thinking of Burger King (unless McDonalds are doing it now too). Friend of mine was a manager at BK, apparently they stick the burgers on a conveyor belt, through the flamey thing that cooks them, take them out, stick them in a tin, then microwave them when the order comes through ... (ick)

TigaSefi 23-07-2003 12:29

Lucky i don't eat either of them now.. I only get the McFlurries from McD's

zoombini 23-07-2003 12:43

The only thing I get from either is the bill!