Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   General : TV Show Renewals & Cancellations (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33677755)

Stuart 24-01-2019 10:41

Re: Renewals & Cancellations

Killing Eve has been renewed, and is filming, and currently scheduled to start broadcasting in the US in April. Not sure about a UK airdate though.

Paul 24-01-2019 15:54

Grey’s Anatomy just goes on and on, its now been renewed for a 16th season.

General Maximus 24-01-2019 19:02

although they haven't said it I think the 16th season will be it's last. I read an interview with Ellen Pompeo last year just before the fall tv season started and she said she has had enough now, thinks they have explored and developed the character as much as possible and is in talks with Shonda Rhimes on how she can exit the show and how she thinks the entire series should end when the time comes.

The thing is, even though it is going on for 16 seasons, Greys has been superb from day one and there has never been a bad episode. It isn't my favourite series and it doesn't blow me away like GoT and Expanse does but it is the most consistent series I have ever seen in terms of quality. Every episode is excellent, the characters are great, the stories and the weekly medical drama is great and you can believe they are all surgeons and it is happening. I love the series and I recommend it to everyone and anyone. What's not to like?

Paul 24-01-2019 22:18

I tried it many years ago, but didnt like it.

Medical drama is not really my thing, seemed too much like a soap opera as well.

Paul 26-01-2019 16:42

Marvels.The.Punisher as been cancelled.

FBI & Magnum.P.I have both been renewed for Season 2.

denphone 26-01-2019 16:46

Magnum has been pretty good so far so no surprise there.

General Maximus 26-01-2019 17:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35980898)
Marvels.The.Punisher as been cancelled

where did you get that info from? I have googled it and cant find anything

Paul 27-01-2019 16:33

https://tvshowscancelled.com/marvels...x-no-season-3/

General Maximus 27-01-2019 16:51

thanks, I was expecting it. I just don't understand why they are dragging their heals on Jessica Jones; they know they are going to do it so why the delay?

Stuart 30-01-2019 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35980899)
Magnum has been pretty good so far so no surprise there.

I've enjoyed Magnum as well.. Likeable characters. Good stories. Good action.

Not as serious as Hawaii Five-0 can be, but it's fun to watch. You also don't need to be an avid follower of Hawaii Five-0 to follow it (although I also love that series, so, I am). I also think it captures the spirit of the original well (although I would like to see Tom Selleck in to, even if it's just a cameo).

The trouble is, me enjoying a series isn't always a good indicator that it'll be renewed. I am happy to see this one has.

Hugh 30-01-2019 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35981243)

Not as serious as Hawaii Five-0 can be, but it's fun to watch. You also don't need to be an avid follower of Hawaii Five-0 to follow it (although I also love that series, so, I am). I also think it captures the spirit of the original well (although I would like to see Tom Selleck in to, even if it's just a cameo).

The trouble is, me enjoying a series isn't always a good indicator that it'll be renewed. I am happy to see this one has.

I loved the bit in the new series of Magnum (I think in episode 1, but might be in episode 2), where Magnum is getting tidied up after being in action (in Iraq/Afghanistan in the military Special Forces), and he has his hair cut, starts shaving off his facial hair, shaves off the beard and leaves the big bushy moustache, looks at in the mirror, and goes "nah!", and shaves that off as well... :D

Paul 30-01-2019 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35981243)

Yep, I'm loving it as well, and Five-0 (and the little character crossovers).

I believe they plan on a proper crossover at some point.

telegramsam 30-01-2019 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35981287)
Yep, I'm loving it as well, and Five-0 (and the little character crossovers).

I believe they plan on a proper crossover at some point.

Yes having seen a few episodes now I'm a fan too!

Paul 01-02-2019 03:50

The CW has officially renewed pretty much all its main shows for another season.

Arrow, Black Lightning, Charmed, Legends of Tomorrow, Dynasty, The Flash, Legacies, Riverdale, Supergirl and Supernatural.

:hyper:

General Maximus 01-02-2019 08:13

I was really hoping Arrow was going to cancelled. They haven't learnt the Neegan lesson.