Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Streaming : Wandavision (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709678)

Chris 31-01-2021 00:06

Re: Wandavision

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36068821)
Vision isn't just in her head though. He is clearly a corpse and she is puppeting him.

I’d be surprised if they go for something quite that gruesome. The brief appearance of vision’s corpse may have been a hallucination on her part.

Stephen 31-01-2021 00:16

From the trailer though, it does seem like he may be able to leave the alternate reality. So who knows. He does seem aware sometime that things aren't right.

Pierre 31-01-2021 12:34

It was stated in endgame that Vision was more than just the infinity stone ( can’t remember what stone it was) and they were trying to remove the stone by remapping his neural connections.

So maybe somehow she’s managed to keep his consciousness alive.......

I don’t know, if vision doesn’t exist at all except in her mind then she’s going to need a lifetime of therapy.

Chris 31-01-2021 13:04

The mind stone was embedded in Vision’s head after being removed from Loki’s staff by Ultron. In Infinity War, Wanda removed the mind stone and shattered it to try to stop Thanos getting it. At the time, Vision and Wanda both believed this would kill Vision.

Hugh 31-01-2021 13:28

This item was in the Independent yesterday.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b1795104.html
Quote:

“Every episode ends with the credits zooming into Vision’s eye,” they wrote alongside a clip of this happening at the end of episode four.

Sure enough, after pixellated scenes from the episode play as the credits roll, the camera zooms into the eye of Vision.
I wonder what it means?

Another theory my daughter discussed with me (she’s a big MCU fan as well) is that the CMBR from the Big Bang (which is mentioned a few times) is what Wanda is manipulating to create Eastview in an alternate reality, and when the series ends (with Wanda realising Vision is dead), she goes crazy and creates multiple alternate realities (the Multiverse) to find him in one of them, which leads into the next Spider-Man film and the next Doctor Strange film, which are both set in the Mulltiverse.

Pierre 31-01-2021 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36068850)
This item was in the Independent yesterday.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b1795104.html

I wonder what it means?

Another theory my daughter discussed with me (she’s a big MCU fan as well) is that the CMBR from the Big Bang (which is mentioned a few times) is what Wanda is manipulating to create Eastview in an alternate reality, and when the series ends (with Wanda realising Vision is dead), she goes crazy and creates multiple alternate realities (the Multiverse) to find him in one of them, which leads into the next Spider-Man film and the next Doctor Steange film, which are both set in the Mulltiverse.

Sounds plausible, not forgetting we have Loki and the Time Variance Association coming up soon too.

We know that the MCU are now very adept at interweaving story threads so I wouldn’t at all be surprised that these are connect together.

General Maximus 01-02-2021 14:07

I think last weeks ep should have been the first episode. It would have set the story and mystery up quite nicely, given the audience peace of mind that it is grounded in the MCU and then the subsequent eps could have elaborated and built on the sitcom snippets we saw in last episode and all along we know it is going somewhere and it isn't just some cheesy sitcom.

cimt 01-02-2021 14:09

Nope, that would of ruined it. The fact that they did it this way gave us a mystery and got people asking questions and discussing it. I'm liking the way we're getting answers, we're getting bits in each episode.

Stephen 01-02-2021 14:35

No it needed to be done this way. It helped build up the story and mystery as much like the characters we didn't know what was going on.

Thats the problem with people today. They have no patience or a short attention span. If you aren't spoon fed the full exposition of whats going on then something is boring.

The show worked so much better by having us guessing at what could possibly be happening.

Chris 01-02-2021 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36068987)
I think last weeks ep should have been the first episode. It would have set the story and mystery up quite nicely, given the audience peace of mind that it is grounded in the MCU and then the subsequent eps could have elaborated and built on the sitcom snippets we saw in last episode and all along we know it is going somewhere and it isn't just some cheesy sitcom.

You are far too anxious about these sorts of things.

I don’t need peace of mind that a new series is going to behave according to my narrow preconceptions. And besides - whatever Kevin Feige authorises, *is* the MCU, whether we like it or not.

This reminds me of a YouTube video I keep getting recommended called “Canon Star Trek turns up at the end of Picard” - all it appears to be is the product of impotent rage from a so-called fan who doesn’t want his universe stretched or challenged beyond the same beans-on-toast he’s been eating every day for the last 20 years. How dare they design new ships for the future elderly Picard lives in, oh, no, everything has to look exactly as it did on 13 December 2002 or else.

I’m sorry but I think the way you describe your preferred set-up for Wandavision is just so unimaginative, and panders to the worst fanboy instincts to just chuck helicopters and uniformed men in marquees at everything, plus a couple of geeks with oscilloscopes to tell us all what we’re watching every 5 minutes.

But we already know how mysteries in the MCU get tackled, so in pursuit of actually making some original television, what Marvel has actually done is to create a genuine mystery, locking us inside something we know can’t be real, because we know the characters and their history, but with little idea what’s going on beyond a few very well-placed clues that are obviously designed to promote online speculation and interest around the series.

Unlike so much other stuff that is nominally within the MCU, this show is fundamental to its development, but crucially it isn’t a film so it’s not limited to a 2.5 hour running time and each episode doesn’t have to be self-contained enough to survive the 2 year wait for the sequel. The TV format has presented Marvel with a completely new way of telling stories at the heart of the MCU and so far, they’re knocking it out of the park.

Stuart 01-02-2021 15:20

Quote:

I think it would have ruined the mystery. I likely the way they set it up with creepy sequences hinting at a world outside Wanda's cosy Sitcom life.

I like the fact that the show is making us wait for answers, rather than offering them up front. It gives us the chance to anticipate, and even speculate on the answers, which is half the fun.

I also like the fact that the show has frequently pivoted from being light comedy to drama and even hinted at horror, without it seeming like a cheesy attempt to shock people.

I think the way the show started helped that (particularly the creepy beekeeper in Ep 2, which would have been ruined if we knew what he actually was).

As for the show being part of the MCU. I never doubted that for a second. After all, the show pretty much started with Vision in his natural form, and with Wanda practicing magic.

Paul 01-02-2021 15:57

Quote:

I think last weeks ep should have been the first episode. It would have set the story and mystery up quite nicely

Absolutely not, it would have ruined the whole thing.

General Maximus 01-02-2021 23:52

I don't mind being a one man band

General Maximus 03-02-2021 18:05

cimt 05-02-2021 08:55

Again, this show is just going from strength to strength. That ending as well? Damn.