Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Streaming : Wandavision (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709678)

Stephen 17-01-2021 14:18

Re: Wandavision

Absolutely brilliant so far. The intrigue and mystery is building and that for me is the main part of what's so good.

I have a feeling it is only Wanda in this 'reality' It seems to have started falling apart slightly and although she seems to have some control over it someone else is ultimately responsible.

The S.W.O.R.D logo has started to appear often as well.

The fact that each episode seems to be set in a distinct era and replicating a TV show from those times, is also interesting. Could Wanda have created them from memories of things she watched as a child?

Ep1 could be I Love Lucy mixed with I Dream of Genie, from the 50s and Ep2 is clearly like Bewitched from the 60s. Now with the colour coming in is Ep3 going to be the 70s?

Chris 17-01-2021 15:19

Yes, part 3 is the 1970s and riffs off The Brady Bunch - press previews were available for the first 3 episodes. Nobody seems to know what will happen after that.

Stephen 17-01-2021 16:07

From one of the trailers there was scenes with vision in costume fighting what appears to be an army of sorts I'm sure.

Chris 17-01-2021 17:32

Also of interest ... this show is being overseen by Kevin Feige, who is basically Mr MCU himself. And in the Marvel sub-menu in Disney+, it is listed alongside the movies under the heading “MCU Phases 3 & 4”. So unlike the Netflix shows or Agents of SHIELD which were nominally in the MCU but were for the most part disconnected from it (occasionally affected by events in the movies but rarely if ever exerting influence themselves), WandaVision is clearly being set up to be an integral part of where the MCU goes next.

So anyone who is very in to the MCU but thinking about losing patience with this show quite quickly ... you really are likely to miss out if you don’t stick with it. :D

pip08456 17-01-2021 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36066991)
Also of interest ... this show is being overseen by Kevin Feige, who is basically Mr MCU himself. And in the Marvel sub-menu in Disney+, it is listed alongside the movies under the heading “MCU Phases 3 & 4”. So unlike the Netflix shows or Agents of SHIELD which were nominally in the MCU but were for the most part disconnected from it (occasionally affected by events in the movies but rarely if ever exerting influence themselves), WandaVision is clearly being set up to be an integral part of where the MCU goes next.

So anyone who is very in to the MCU but thinking about losing patience with this show quite quickly ... you really are likely to miss out if you don’t stick with it. :D

I don't think 4 episodes of nine is losing patience quickly. Being a mini series I doubt there'll be a season 2, there usually isn't with mini series.

Pierre 17-01-2021 19:03

Wow, I need to get watching. I’ll try and take some in tonight. I assume it’s not weekly like the Mandalorian. Are they dropping several episodes at a time?

Paul 17-01-2021 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36066998)
Wow, I need to get watching. I’ll try and take some in tonight. I assume it’s not weekly like the Mandalorian. Are they dropping several episodes at a time?

They started with the first two episodes, the rest are weekly until mid March.

Chris 17-01-2021 19:12

Unfortunately Disney+ seems to be following a weekly drop strategy (as with Mando, and also Agents of SHIELD). 1 and 2 have dropped but the rest will be weekly, on Fridays.

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36066997)
I don't think 4 episodes of nine is losing patience quickly. Being a mini series I doubt there'll be a season 2, there usually isn't with mini series.

I agree it’s unlikely to get a second season - Vision is dead so unless they’re doing a straight prequel (which clearly they’re not) they can only keep doing stories for him for so long. It is most likely leading to something bigger. Some corners of the interwebs are speculating about a sort of Agents of SWORD show.

As a side point though, in streaming TV land, 9 episodes isn’t considered a miniseries, even in the USA. If it’s advertised as a “limited series” that tends to signal a prior intention to make one season only. I’m not sure whether Marvel have been explicit on that point.

Pierre 17-01-2021 20:28

OK, just watched first two episodes and I thought it was brilliant. Obviously riffing on Bewitched.

There’s an endgame and enjoy episodic journey to it, if it changes through 50’s, 60’s, 70’s , 80’s that will be cool.

It’s apparent that either Wanda or Vision, or both, are in some kind of construct.

I think there is merit In the argument that they are trying save Vision, in Endgame they were trying extract Vision’s consciousness from the infinity stone, so it could be something to do with that. Then again the disembodied voice on the radio is talking to Wanda directly.

All in all very good, I don’t understand anyone that doesn’t get it.

cimt 17-01-2021 21:23

Was that the same voice that Wanda heard on the radio in episode 2? If so we know who that is. It's Agent Woo from Ant Man, who will be appearing in this.

Damien 18-01-2021 21:56

There is a nice sense of unease about the show and what is actually happening that makes it quite compelling.

Jaymoss 19-01-2021 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36067004)
OK, just watched first two episodes and I thought it was brilliant. Obviously riffing on Bewitched.

There’s an endgame and enjoy episodic journey to it, if it changes through 50’s, 60’s, 70’s , 80’s that will be cool.

It’s apparent that either Wanda or Vision, or both, are in some kind of construct.

I think there is merit In the argument that they are trying save Vision, in Endgame they were trying extract Vision’s consciousness from the infinity stone, so it could be something to do with that. Then again the disembodied voice on the radio is talking to Wanda directly.

All in all very good, I don’t understand anyone that doesn’t get it.

Do you remember The Framework in Season 4 of Agents of Shield ? I would not be surprised if it is not another version. If it is it could all relate to Darkhold and be the bridge that brings the mutants (X-Men) into the MCU

Paul 19-01-2021 05:39

As the symbol meant nothing to me, I did not notice, but apparently the beekeeper and the people monitoring had the SWORD emblem.

Jaymoss 20-01-2021 14:48

SWORD= New SHEILD. AIM Possibly the new Hydra

cimt 22-01-2021 11:11

Another excellent episode and some answers.