Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Streaming : Wandavision (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709678)

General Maximus 09-01-2021 18:57

Wandavision

Thought we had better get a thread going considering all the hype around the series, not long to go now. I think it is going to be Marmite.

denphone 09-01-2021 19:58

Re: Wandavision

Yes its certainly been hyped by Disney but whether it delivers like The Mandalorian we shall see.

General Maximus 09-01-2021 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36066059)
whether it delivers like The Mandalorian we shall see.

I think it is definitely going to be a matter of taste. I used to love stuff like Mork & Mindy when I was younger but I can't stand stuff like that now. I don't this is going to be serious enough for me.

Paul 09-01-2021 21:15

I dont think the trailers help, they seem to be all over the place.

I guess we'll see next week.

Paul 10-01-2021 00:29

JFYI, Disney have confirmed it will kick off with Episodes 1 & 2 on Jan 15th, and then one per week until March 5th.

General Maximus 10-01-2021 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36066080)
JFYI, Disney have confirmed it will kick off with Episodes 1 & 2 on Jan 15th, and then one per week until March 5th.

I was expecting that. Like you said, the trailers are all over the place and I think it is going to be Marmite. They don't want to run the risk of everyone watching the first episode and saying "this isn't for me". From the looks of things they are trapped in some sort of virtual environment (aka the 50's sitcom) and the first episode will pretty much be this which will be a massive deviation from the feel of the MCU as we know it; interesting twist and a novelty for the MCU but not everyone's cup of tea. Two episodes will help move the story along and presumably get us to a place where they realise something is wrong, it isn't real and they start to plan their escape.

Chris 10-01-2021 16:30

Gene Hunt's lawyers should definitely be watching closely.

General Maximus 10-01-2021 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36066126)
Gene Hunt's lawyers should definitely be watching closely.

I am assuming I am too young to know who he/she is :p

Chris 10-01-2021 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36066137)

I am assuming I am too young to know who he/she is :p

Life On Mars ... fantasy/drama police detective series set in Manchester in the 1970s (or is it...) from about 15 years ago. Every episode starts with a monologue:

“My name is Sam Tyler, I had an accident and I woke up in 1973. Am I mad, in a coma, or back in time? Whatever's happened, it's like I've landed on a different planet. Now, maybe if I can work out the reason, I can get home.”

Gene Hunt is his commanding officer, and a proper parody of every piece of police excess you ever saw on The Sweeney, The Professionals or Starsky and Hutch. It’s a great series, with its sequel Ashes to Ashes it ran for 5 years. And it’s all on Netflix.

General Maximus 10-01-2021 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36066141)
Life On Mars

heard of it, never seen it

Chris 10-01-2021 21:27

Well worth a try ;)

cimt 11-01-2021 01:41

It is, it's one of the best TV shows.

Pierre 11-01-2021 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36066144)
Well worth a try ;)

Definitely not to be confused with the god awful American effort.

General Maximus 13-01-2021 18:56

General Maximus 15-01-2021 00:56

Paul 15-01-2021 03:30

TBH, seen enough previews etc now, just going to watch the actual show.

General Maximus 15-01-2021 08:47

Yeah, i dont want to jinx it but normally when films get advertised to desth like this and the advertising includes quotes from 5* star reviews in the media the film is shit and they know they have got to do their very best to persuade people to watch it.

They know that the MCU stands on its own feet and people are gagging for their next dose so all this desparation does beg the question :confused:

cimt 15-01-2021 16:14

Just watched both of them there. It's certainly a good show and I am interested in what the hell is actually going on. I hope it doesn't all end up all just being a dream or something.

Jaymoss 15-01-2021 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 36066766)
Just watched both of them there. It's certainly a good show and I am interested in what the hell is actually going on. I hope it doesn't all end up all just being a dream or something.

I am wondering if it is something like The Framework from Season 4 of AoS

Also in theory it could only be Wanda in there as Vision to all intense and purpose is dead

Chris 15-01-2021 22:21

Wanda seems to know what’s going on, on some level at least. The advert in episode 2 also name checked Strucker (as a watch manufacturer) ... and the watch said ‘Hydra’ on it. I’m enjoying the teasing of the mystery, but to be honest Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen are just so darned good at the American sitcom pastiche it is really entertaining on its own merits. I’m looking forward to next week.

Paul 16-01-2021 00:06

Wanda seems to have some control, as she did a nice little time rewind.

I wonder if its something constructed to save Vision, or at least a version of him.

Certainly an interesting (and different) start, 7 more episodes to see where it goes.

General Maximus 16-01-2021 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36066818)
7 more episodes to see where it goes.

and it needs to move on toute suite. They have had 1 hour of establishing the foundations of the store which is what you get in a film and they need to move on now. If this didn't have Marvel slapped on it would people still be watching it?

cimt 16-01-2021 13:46

Yes because it is a fantastic setting with actors who are nailing their roles. They are giving bits in each episode which is fine. We know who is watching them already atleast.

Chris 16-01-2021 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36066841)
and it needs to move on toute suite. They have had 1 hour of establishing the foundations of the store which is what you get in a film and they need to move on now. If this didn't have Marvel slapped on it would people still be watching it?

Yes.

It functions perfectly well as a mystery-fantasy drama even if it wasn’t set somewhere in the MCU. The slow burn approach, drip-feeding minor clues from week to week, is well tried and tested not just in full-season network shows like Lost but also in more recent streaming material with an 8-10 week run. In fact it having “Marvel” slapped on it may be making you impatient to get on to the sort of high-kicking superhero action I strongly suspect is not going to be a major feature of this show. They’re clearly trying to use the TV format to do something a bit different. Something they wouldn’t be able to attempt in a single feature-length story (which is why I think you trying to compare the time spent on anything to what would be devoted to it in a film is redundant).

pip08456 16-01-2021 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36066896)
Yes.

It functions perfectly well as a mystery-fantasy drama even if it wasn’t set somewhere in the MCU. The slow burn approach, drip-feeding minor clues from week to week, is well tried and tested not just in full-season network shows like Lost but also in more recent streaming material with an 8-10 week run. In fact it having “Marvel” slapped on it may be making you impatient to get on to the sort of high-kicking superhero action I strongly suspect is not going to be a major feature of this show. They’re clearly trying to use the TV format to do something a bit different. Something they wouldn’t be able to attempt in a single feature-length story (which is why I think you trying to compare the time spent on anything to what would be devoted to it in a film is redundant).

I agree with the General. I'll give it 2 more episodes.

cimt 16-01-2021 17:36

I think you'll end up missing out massively if that is the case. There are giving bits in each episode, or would you rather be told everything straight away and have no mystery? Also we know who is watching them. We just don't know how this reality is happening yet.

Chris 16-01-2021 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36066898)
I agree with the General. I'll give it 2 more episodes.

You’re going to miss out. It’s dead obvious they’re not just making a MCU double-length feature split into weekly episodes. We went through all this the other week with the Mandalorian - streaming TV is a distinct medium, it allows different storytelling techniques and even when we’re in the same universe as a blockbuster franchise they’re going to use those techniques to do something different, a bit more thoughtful, and not just reel off 8 hours of Easter eggs, continuity references, cameos and things blowing up.

Paul 17-01-2021 00:35

It needs to start going somewhere soon, I expect a lot more events in the next 2 or 3 episodes, to keep people interested.

pip08456 17-01-2021 01:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36066940)
It needs to start going somewhere soon, I expect a lot more events in the next 2 or 3 episodes, to keep people interested.

Exactly. I'm not bothered about Easter eggs, continuity references, cameos and things blowing up. Just give me a storyline to hold my interest because so far we haven't got one.

cimt 17-01-2021 02:26

The thing is, what some could see as easter eggs actually is the story so far. We keep seeing the logo for who is overseeing everything, but it could be seen as an easter egg. I think that may be the problem with the MCU, everyone assumes something is an easter egg rather than a future plot point.

Stephen 17-01-2021 14:18

Absolutely brilliant so far. The intrigue and mystery is building and that for me is the main part of what's so good.

I have a feeling it is only Wanda in this 'reality' It seems to have started falling apart slightly and although she seems to have some control over it someone else is ultimately responsible.

The S.W.O.R.D logo has started to appear often as well.

The fact that each episode seems to be set in a distinct era and replicating a TV show from those times, is also interesting. Could Wanda have created them from memories of things she watched as a child?

Ep1 could be I Love Lucy mixed with I Dream of Genie, from the 50s and Ep2 is clearly like Bewitched from the 60s. Now with the colour coming in is Ep3 going to be the 70s?

Chris 17-01-2021 15:19

Yes, part 3 is the 1970s and riffs off The Brady Bunch - press previews were available for the first 3 episodes. Nobody seems to know what will happen after that.

Stephen 17-01-2021 16:07

From one of the trailers there was scenes with vision in costume fighting what appears to be an army of sorts I'm sure.

Chris 17-01-2021 17:32

Also of interest ... this show is being overseen by Kevin Feige, who is basically Mr MCU himself. And in the Marvel sub-menu in Disney+, it is listed alongside the movies under the heading “MCU Phases 3 & 4”. So unlike the Netflix shows or Agents of SHIELD which were nominally in the MCU but were for the most part disconnected from it (occasionally affected by events in the movies but rarely if ever exerting influence themselves), WandaVision is clearly being set up to be an integral part of where the MCU goes next.

So anyone who is very in to the MCU but thinking about losing patience with this show quite quickly ... you really are likely to miss out if you don’t stick with it. :D

pip08456 17-01-2021 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36066991)
Also of interest ... this show is being overseen by Kevin Feige, who is basically Mr MCU himself. And in the Marvel sub-menu in Disney+, it is listed alongside the movies under the heading “MCU Phases 3 & 4”. So unlike the Netflix shows or Agents of SHIELD which were nominally in the MCU but were for the most part disconnected from it (occasionally affected by events in the movies but rarely if ever exerting influence themselves), WandaVision is clearly being set up to be an integral part of where the MCU goes next.

So anyone who is very in to the MCU but thinking about losing patience with this show quite quickly ... you really are likely to miss out if you don’t stick with it. :D

I don't think 4 episodes of nine is losing patience quickly. Being a mini series I doubt there'll be a season 2, there usually isn't with mini series.

Pierre 17-01-2021 19:03

Wow, I need to get watching. I’ll try and take some in tonight. I assume it’s not weekly like the Mandalorian. Are they dropping several episodes at a time?

Paul 17-01-2021 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36066998)
Wow, I need to get watching. I’ll try and take some in tonight. I assume it’s not weekly like the Mandalorian. Are they dropping several episodes at a time?

They started with the first two episodes, the rest are weekly until mid March.

Chris 17-01-2021 19:12

Unfortunately Disney+ seems to be following a weekly drop strategy (as with Mando, and also Agents of SHIELD). 1 and 2 have dropped but the rest will be weekly, on Fridays.

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36066997)
I don't think 4 episodes of nine is losing patience quickly. Being a mini series I doubt there'll be a season 2, there usually isn't with mini series.

I agree it’s unlikely to get a second season - Vision is dead so unless they’re doing a straight prequel (which clearly they’re not) they can only keep doing stories for him for so long. It is most likely leading to something bigger. Some corners of the interwebs are speculating about a sort of Agents of SWORD show.

As a side point though, in streaming TV land, 9 episodes isn’t considered a miniseries, even in the USA. If it’s advertised as a “limited series” that tends to signal a prior intention to make one season only. I’m not sure whether Marvel have been explicit on that point.

Pierre 17-01-2021 20:28

OK, just watched first two episodes and I thought it was brilliant. Obviously riffing on Bewitched.

There’s an endgame and enjoy episodic journey to it, if it changes through 50’s, 60’s, 70’s , 80’s that will be cool.

It’s apparent that either Wanda or Vision, or both, are in some kind of construct.

I think there is merit In the argument that they are trying save Vision, in Endgame they were trying extract Vision’s consciousness from the infinity stone, so it could be something to do with that. Then again the disembodied voice on the radio is talking to Wanda directly.

All in all very good, I don’t understand anyone that doesn’t get it.

cimt 17-01-2021 21:23

Was that the same voice that Wanda heard on the radio in episode 2? If so we know who that is. It's Agent Woo from Ant Man, who will be appearing in this.

Damien 18-01-2021 21:56

There is a nice sense of unease about the show and what is actually happening that makes it quite compelling.

Jaymoss 19-01-2021 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36067004)
OK, just watched first two episodes and I thought it was brilliant. Obviously riffing on Bewitched.

There’s an endgame and enjoy episodic journey to it, if it changes through 50’s, 60’s, 70’s , 80’s that will be cool.

It’s apparent that either Wanda or Vision, or both, are in some kind of construct.

I think there is merit In the argument that they are trying save Vision, in Endgame they were trying extract Vision’s consciousness from the infinity stone, so it could be something to do with that. Then again the disembodied voice on the radio is talking to Wanda directly.

All in all very good, I don’t understand anyone that doesn’t get it.

Do you remember The Framework in Season 4 of Agents of Shield ? I would not be surprised if it is not another version. If it is it could all relate to Darkhold and be the bridge that brings the mutants (X-Men) into the MCU

Paul 19-01-2021 05:39

As the symbol meant nothing to me, I did not notice, but apparently the beekeeper and the people monitoring had the SWORD emblem.

Jaymoss 20-01-2021 14:48

SWORD= New SHEILD. AIM Possibly the new Hydra

cimt 22-01-2021 11:11

Another excellent episode and some answers.

Stephen 22-01-2021 11:25

A small amount of answers. Loved the house this week. Clearly a reference to the Brady bunch, especially with that stair case and glass paneled wall.

Pierre 23-01-2021 00:05

All kinds going here.........

Spoiler: 
it’s surely about keeping Vision’s consciousness viable? Given when he questioned the reality, it was reset?

Given the hydra reference, and line of questioning they may not be in a shield facility

Who knows, good stuff though.

cimt 23-01-2021 00:46

Spoiler: 
They're not in a facility, it looks like there's some sort of distortion field or something around the town which is making it look like the 70s. SWORD seem to be surrounding it and from what we have seen so far, they're investigating what is going on. That is what Geraldine was doing when Wanda kicked her out of town

Paul 23-01-2021 22:22

This was on two days ago, no need for spoilers.

cimt 29-01-2021 08:55

I will say this, I hope no one has given up on this yet. It is getting better and better with every episode and this one was certainly worth a watch.

General Maximus 29-01-2021 16:18

Paul 29-01-2021 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 36068577)
I will say this, I hope no one has given up on this yet. It is getting better and better with every episode and this one was certainly worth a watch.

Indeed, its really starting to get going.

The first minute of this video is the same as above, but then there is more footage, starting at about 0.58.

Pierre 29-01-2021 22:54

Wow, I don’t know, based on that I’d say Vision is dead and they’re trying to save Wanda.

Jaymoss 30-01-2021 17:38

EP4 Totally blew my theory out the window

Damien 30-01-2021 22:05

Do we think the final episode will set up a film? I suspect the kick off for the next long story line would be in Black Widow but maybe not.

Stephen 30-01-2021 22:15

I think it's just a self contained series as part of the MCU.

Don't think it will setup a movie as such. Same with the Falcon & Winter Soldier series. Isn't Black Widow meant to be set before the movies?

cimt 30-01-2021 22:19

I believe it is actually setting up 2 films - Spiderman and Doctor Strange. Both of these will be dealing with the multiverse. Black Widow is set between Civil War and Infinity War, and it was supposed to launch phase 4, so it won't link to that.

Stephen 30-01-2021 22:21

It definitely seems to be Wanda that's created the alternate reality, going on what we've seen and what has been shown. .

cimt 30-01-2021 23:31

Oh yeah she is deffos the one who has created it. You can see in that trailer that she is updating her surroundings. With it being 3 weeks since Endgame, I'd say she has just locked off a town and is trying to keep Vision alive in her mind.

Stephen 30-01-2021 23:49

Vision isn't just in her head though. He is clearly a corpse and she is puppeting him.

Chris 31-01-2021 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 36068821)
Vision isn't just in her head though. He is clearly a corpse and she is puppeting him.

I’d be surprised if they go for something quite that gruesome. The brief appearance of vision’s corpse may have been a hallucination on her part.

Stephen 31-01-2021 00:16

From the trailer though, it does seem like he may be able to leave the alternate reality. So who knows. He does seem aware sometime that things aren't right.

Pierre 31-01-2021 12:34

It was stated in endgame that Vision was more than just the infinity stone ( can’t remember what stone it was) and they were trying to remove the stone by remapping his neural connections.

So maybe somehow she’s managed to keep his consciousness alive.......

I don’t know, if vision doesn’t exist at all except in her mind then she’s going to need a lifetime of therapy.

Chris 31-01-2021 13:04

The mind stone was embedded in Vision’s head after being removed from Loki’s staff by Ultron. In Infinity War, Wanda removed the mind stone and shattered it to try to stop Thanos getting it. At the time, Vision and Wanda both believed this would kill Vision.

Hugh 31-01-2021 13:28

This item was in the Independent yesterday.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b1795104.html
Quote:

“Every episode ends with the credits zooming into Vision’s eye,” they wrote alongside a clip of this happening at the end of episode four.

Sure enough, after pixellated scenes from the episode play as the credits roll, the camera zooms into the eye of Vision.
I wonder what it means?

Another theory my daughter discussed with me (she’s a big MCU fan as well) is that the CMBR from the Big Bang (which is mentioned a few times) is what Wanda is manipulating to create Eastview in an alternate reality, and when the series ends (with Wanda realising Vision is dead), she goes crazy and creates multiple alternate realities (the Multiverse) to find him in one of them, which leads into the next Spider-Man film and the next Doctor Strange film, which are both set in the Mulltiverse.

Pierre 31-01-2021 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36068850)
This item was in the Independent yesterday.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b1795104.html

I wonder what it means?

Another theory my daughter discussed with me (she’s a big MCU fan as well) is that the CMBR from the Big Bang (which is mentioned a few times) is what Wanda is manipulating to create Eastview in an alternate reality, and when the series ends (with Wanda realising Vision is dead), she goes crazy and creates multiple alternate realities (the Multiverse) to find him in one of them, which leads into the next Spider-Man film and the next Doctor Steange film, which are both set in the Mulltiverse.

Sounds plausible, not forgetting we have Loki and the Time Variance Association coming up soon too.

We know that the MCU are now very adept at interweaving story threads so I wouldn’t at all be surprised that these are connect together.

General Maximus 01-02-2021 14:07

I think last weeks ep should have been the first episode. It would have set the story and mystery up quite nicely, given the audience peace of mind that it is grounded in the MCU and then the subsequent eps could have elaborated and built on the sitcom snippets we saw in last episode and all along we know it is going somewhere and it isn't just some cheesy sitcom.

cimt 01-02-2021 14:09

Nope, that would of ruined it. The fact that they did it this way gave us a mystery and got people asking questions and discussing it. I'm liking the way we're getting answers, we're getting bits in each episode.

Stephen 01-02-2021 14:35

No it needed to be done this way. It helped build up the story and mystery as much like the characters we didn't know what was going on.

Thats the problem with people today. They have no patience or a short attention span. If you aren't spoon fed the full exposition of whats going on then something is boring.

The show worked so much better by having us guessing at what could possibly be happening.

Chris 01-02-2021 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36068987)
I think last weeks ep should have been the first episode. It would have set the story and mystery up quite nicely, given the audience peace of mind that it is grounded in the MCU and then the subsequent eps could have elaborated and built on the sitcom snippets we saw in last episode and all along we know it is going somewhere and it isn't just some cheesy sitcom.

You are far too anxious about these sorts of things.

I don’t need peace of mind that a new series is going to behave according to my narrow preconceptions. And besides - whatever Kevin Feige authorises, *is* the MCU, whether we like it or not.

This reminds me of a YouTube video I keep getting recommended called “Canon Star Trek turns up at the end of Picard” - all it appears to be is the product of impotent rage from a so-called fan who doesn’t want his universe stretched or challenged beyond the same beans-on-toast he’s been eating every day for the last 20 years. How dare they design new ships for the future elderly Picard lives in, oh, no, everything has to look exactly as it did on 13 December 2002 or else.

I’m sorry but I think the way you describe your preferred set-up for Wandavision is just so unimaginative, and panders to the worst fanboy instincts to just chuck helicopters and uniformed men in marquees at everything, plus a couple of geeks with oscilloscopes to tell us all what we’re watching every 5 minutes.

But we already know how mysteries in the MCU get tackled, so in pursuit of actually making some original television, what Marvel has actually done is to create a genuine mystery, locking us inside something we know can’t be real, because we know the characters and their history, but with little idea what’s going on beyond a few very well-placed clues that are obviously designed to promote online speculation and interest around the series.

Unlike so much other stuff that is nominally within the MCU, this show is fundamental to its development, but crucially it isn’t a film so it’s not limited to a 2.5 hour running time and each episode doesn’t have to be self-contained enough to survive the 2 year wait for the sequel. The TV format has presented Marvel with a completely new way of telling stories at the heart of the MCU and so far, they’re knocking it out of the park.

Stuart 01-02-2021 15:20

Quote:

I think it would have ruined the mystery. I likely the way they set it up with creepy sequences hinting at a world outside Wanda's cosy Sitcom life.

I like the fact that the show is making us wait for answers, rather than offering them up front. It gives us the chance to anticipate, and even speculate on the answers, which is half the fun.

I also like the fact that the show has frequently pivoted from being light comedy to drama and even hinted at horror, without it seeming like a cheesy attempt to shock people.

I think the way the show started helped that (particularly the creepy beekeeper in Ep 2, which would have been ruined if we knew what he actually was).

As for the show being part of the MCU. I never doubted that for a second. After all, the show pretty much started with Vision in his natural form, and with Wanda practicing magic.

Paul 01-02-2021 15:57

Quote:

I think last weeks ep should have been the first episode. It would have set the story and mystery up quite nicely

Absolutely not, it would have ruined the whole thing.

General Maximus 01-02-2021 23:52

I don't mind being a one man band

General Maximus 03-02-2021 18:05

cimt 05-02-2021 08:55

Again, this show is just going from strength to strength. That ending as well? Damn.

Paul 05-02-2021 18:38

I assume the credits were based on a 1980's sticom, but I didnt recognise them.

Pierre 05-02-2021 18:38

Spoiler: 
am I confusing myself or was that the quicksilver from the X-Men universe not the MCU
I know it’s all owned by Disney now anyway. Perhaps this will also pave the way for integrating the two.

Paul 05-02-2021 18:41

Yes it was, and yes, Disney owns them all now, so anything is possible.

There are also rumours of a "big" cameo at some point, I'm guessing this was not it.

cimt 05-02-2021 18:51

Apparently this one was already known as he had been spotted on set. I liked the comment about the recasting though.

General Maximus 05-02-2021 18:56

Damien 06-02-2021 07:30

So they're introducing the multi-verse and breaking down the walls between them. That was Quicksilver from the Fox/X-Men Universe right?

Which means any surprise cameo could be almost anyone that's been in a comic movie based on a property which Marvel now own. Maybe someone from the MCU but maybe someone from any other live-action movie.

Pierre 06-02-2021 09:52

Well Marvel are very adept at tying together story threads so you can bet your bottom dollar that a multi-verse thread will run between Wandvision, Loki and Falcon/Winter Soldier. We already know that the next Spider-Man film stars Toby McGuire, Andrew Garfield and Alfred Molina as Dr Octopus, and will most likely introduce Myles Morales. Also the next Dr Strange involves a multi-verse storyline too.

I think it’s all brilliant.

Also, I remember I had my doubts about the Disney channel, but it’s probably the best £50 I ever spent.

General Maximus 06-02-2021 18:28

Priority 1:

Paul 06-02-2021 19:25

All looking very good. :D

Jaymoss 06-02-2021 21:54

I think the big cameo will be Magneto in a hello Daddy format

Damien 06-02-2021 22:05

This might the cameo because although the actor/character isn't big the ramifications are?

Otherwise Dr Strange or Captain Marvel would be other candiates.

Jaymoss 06-02-2021 22:14

IMO it will be someone as a link to either X-Men or Fantastic 4 but yes Stephan could well be it too

Chris 07-02-2021 00:04

Just re-watched all 5 episodes so far in one evening-long binge. It’s just better and better, especially the very first episode, where it becomes clear when you re-watch it just how incomplete the Hex is when Wanda and Vision first arrive there. It’s just superbly done, the way it’s written as a sitcom so when you first see it you’re not immediately distracted by what it really is - an imperfect, artificial reality held together by a powerful, but grief-stricken superhero.

Hugh 07-02-2021 00:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36069713)
IMO it will be someone as a link to either X-Men or Fantastic 4 but yes Stephan could well be it too

Episode 5
Quote:

I know an aerospace engineer who’d be up for this challenge.

Jaymoss 07-02-2021 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36069720)
Episode 5

So Reed Richards then perhaps. Excellent :)

cimt 07-02-2021 13:12

I've seen Rhodey mentioned for that reference but I don't think he was an engineer was he?

Pierre 12-02-2021 22:29

Another enjoyable episode didn’t move things along that much as far as I could tell, no doubt lots of clues I missed.

Jaymoss 12-02-2021 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 36070363)
Another enjoyable episode didn’t move things along that much as far as I could tell, no doubt lots of clues I missed.

Spoiler: 
I think Visions condition outside the Hex was important. And Pietro being called Pete. Oh and the expansion

Paul 13-02-2021 00:23

I think Pietro is not what he seems, I'm thinking he's a plant from outside.

cimt 13-02-2021 19:30

I think he's part of what is going on. I liked the ending of this one with the FBI turning into clowns.

Pierre 19-02-2021 19:16

God only knows what’s going on now.

Agent Coulson...but then it may have been Agatha

I was getting ready to post another solid if not remarkable episode, and then that ending!

Stephen 19-02-2021 19:30

This episode actually has a mid credit scene.

Chris 19-02-2021 20:33

So it was Agatha All Along. Like all the best twists when you look back you can see it. Now, we know that the MCU borrows freely from the comics without feeling bound to any of their continuity, however if she is now in the MCU, then the Fantastic Four won’t be far away.

Also, they were completely messing with our heads tonight by making a theme tune that sounded almost exactly like the American Office. ;)

Stephen 19-02-2021 21:20

So Quicksilver is likely

Agatha's son Nicholas Scratch

Hugh 19-02-2021 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36071306)
So it was
Spoiler: 
Agatha
All Along. Like all the best twists when you look back you can see it. Now, we know that the MCU borrows freely from the comics without feeling bound to any of their continuity, however if she is now in the MCU, then the
Spoiler: 
Fantastic Four
won’t be far away.

Also, they were completely messing with our heads tonight by making a theme tune that sounded almost exactly like the American Office. ;)

Last week’s American sitcom theme was Malcolm in the Middle

This week was Modern Family, and then Agatha’s theme was, as Chris said, The (American) Office