Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   TiVo : Swap boxes from one room to another (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704571)

jamiec21 06-03-2017 19:17

Swap boxes from one room to another

Is this possible and allowed? I have one Tivo box and one V+ box in another room and wish to swap them round.

pip08456 06-03-2017 19:29

Re: Swap boxes from one room to another

No reason why not.

Itshim 07-03-2017 17:12

Do it all the time no problem

Raider999 08-03-2017 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35889005)
Do it all the time no problem

I presume, therefore, that I could swap my two v6 boxes (taking remotes with box?).

The much vaunted watch recordings from box B through box A is very flaky at best and now appears to have stopped working altogether.

Both boxes have been rebooted, can see recordings on other box, delete them, but not watch them. Very frustrating as this is a great feature if it worked.

spiderplant 08-03-2017 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35889131)
I presume, therefore, that I could swap my two v6 boxes (taking remotes with box?).

The much vaunted watch recordings from box B through box A is very flaky at best and now appears to have stopped working altogether.

Both boxes have been rebooted, can see recordings on other box, delete them, but not watch them. Very frustrating as this is a great feature if it worked.

That sounds likely to be a problem with the connection from one or both boxes to your SuperHub. How are they connected?

Raider999 08-03-2017 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35889137)
That sounds likely to be a problem with the connection from one or both boxes to your SuperHub. How are they connected?

WI-FI - both are connected to hub, but still not able to watch recordings from box B on box A

I get a screen asking me to try again or cancel (error V401)

spiderplant 08-03-2017 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35889160)
WI-FI - both are connected to hub, but still not able to watch recordings from box B on box A

I get a screen asking me to try again or cancel (error V401)

Any chance of getting one or both connected by Ethernet or Powerline?

Failing that, at least make sure they are using 5GHz wi-fi. If you have a SH3, log into it and give the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks different names so that you can specifically select the 5GHz one.

Ed92uk 10-03-2017 11:20

My v6 is connected via Ethernet and the watch from other box is still very very poor. Only reason I had TiVo put in my bedroom is so I could watch stuff from the main box so I'm not very happy at all

scollie 10-03-2017 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed92uk (Post 35889449)
My v6 is connected via Ethernet and the watch from other box is still very very poor. Only reason I had TiVo put in my bedroom is so I could watch stuff from the main box so I'm not very happy at all

I also had my TIVO put in the bedroom but trying to watch TIVO shows on the V6 or vice versa was painful as the picture kept stuttering. I spent over an hour on the phone to the tech dept and we thought that the problem had been resolved but the stuttering soon came back. In the end I returned the TIVO box.