Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   US Timeline : Fringe : Season 2 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33655510)

zing_deleted 18-09-2009 17:07

Fringe : Season 2

Enjoyed the first episode. Starting off being a bit peeved thinking Olivia was actually dead and gonna be written out. Sussed the ending though. Glad its back

Tezcatlipoca 18-09-2009 20:32

re: Fringe : Season 2

Yep, good stuff :)

Yeah, I did initially wonder whether they introduced the new FBI woman as a replacement for Olivia.

As for the new woman, I wonder if she'll join the team permanently? With the Bible stuff at the end, looks like maybe she's seeing the various "Pattern" events as things out of Revelations or something? Wonder if she has an agenda of some sort?

As for the ending... yeah, guessed that too.

When they all ran to find Charlie standing there, I kept thinking "check his mouth, check his mouth!". How long will he last though, as surely Olivia will eventually notice something's up as he (presumably) won't have Charlie's memories or anything.

Did you notice the reference in the Senate hearing to the previous "X classification" also costing loads of money before the Fringe Division? Little X Files reference maybe?

Kymmy 18-09-2009 20:55

Perhaps the girl is Charlies replacement as he's obviously dead

cimt 18-09-2009 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymmy (Post 34874683)

That's what I was thinking. Charlie was like the official guy in the FBI to help with with cases etc. So I think she has replaced him, plus she knows too much to simply go back to her normal job.

My question is why was there 2 bodies? 1 Charlie and also the Doctor. Because the othertimes there was one body (the person they transformed into).

Tezcatlipoca 18-09-2009 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymmy (Post 34874683)

Obviously dead to the viewer.

As far as Olivia & co are concerned though, Charlie is still around & successfully shot & killed the shapeshifting assassin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 34874694)
That's what I was thinking. Charlie was like the official guy in the FBI to help with with cases etc. So I think she has replaced him, plus she knows too much to simply go back to her normal job.

She's too junior to have the same role as Charlie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 34874694)
My question is why was there 2 bodies? 1 Charlie and also the Doctor. Because the othertimes there was one body (the person they transformed into).

Two bodies from two transformations.

Killer changes into the Nurse, leaving...

Body 1: The real body of the nurse.

Then, killer-as-nurse later changes into Charlie, leaving...

Body 2: The real body of Charlie.

zing_deleted 18-09-2009 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 34874674)
Yep, good stuff :)

Yeah, I did initially wonder whether they introduced the new FBI woman as a replacement for Olivia.

As for the new woman, I wonder if she'll join the team permanently? With the Bible stuff at the end, looks like maybe she's seeing the various "Pattern" events as things out of Revelations or something? Wonder if she has an agenda of some sort?

As for the ending... yeah, guessed that too.

When they all ran to find Charlie standing there, I kept thinking "check his mouth, check his mouth!". How long will he last though, as surely Olivia will eventually notice something's up as he (presumably) won't have Charlie's memories or anything.

Did you notice the reference in the Senate hearing to the previous "X classification" also costing loads of money before the Fringe Division? Little X Files reference maybe?

yeah it raised a grin

Kymmy 18-09-2009 21:42

Yep, the nurses body wasn;t found originally so had to have been stashed in the basement..

The worrying thing though is that wouldn't he have had to have changed and redressed the nurses body???

zing_deleted 18-09-2009 22:00

how many episodes do you think its gonna take before he is outed and killed?

Tezcatlipoca 18-09-2009 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymmy (Post 34874708)
Yep, the nurses body wasn;t found originally so had to have been stashed in the basement..

The worrying thing though is that wouldn't he have had to have changed and redressed the nurses body???

Yeah, must have done, as well as changing his clothes twice.

- Kills the nurse, takes her clothes, hides her body.

- Attacks Olivia & gets chased off.

- Kills Charlie (after first being shot, or shot at, by him), takes his clothes, hides his body. Drags out the nurse's body, puts her clothes back on her body, then shoots her.

The shots that Peter & the new agent heard must have been the shots fired by the fake Charlie into the real nurse's body, 'cos if they heard the shots fired by the real Charlie there's no way the killer would have had time to shapeshift + put Charlie's clothes on + hide Charlie + re-dress the nurse before Peter & the new agent turned up.

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:00 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by zing (Post 34874717)
how many episodes do you think its gonna take before he is outed and killed?

Dunno. I can't see them stretching it out too long.

I guess he's going to keep an eye on Olivia, & see if more of her memory comes back before then trying to kill her again.

But surely Olivia will notice something soon. He'll say or do something that "isn't Charlie", he won't know something he should know, etc. Maybe the conversation the real Charlie had with her about his partner being killed will come up again.

cimt 12-01-2010 12:43

Re: Fringe : Season 2

There's a huge WTF moment in the latest episode. It's because the episode was originally for season 1 but was delayed for some reason. So no, Charlie isn't back from the dead. ;)

Tezcatlipoca 01-04-2010 15:46

Heads up: New ep. tonight on FOX, and next week on Sky One.

zing_deleted 01-04-2010 16:03

Bones is back tonight also but I have to wait till June for Lie to Me

zing_deleted 02-04-2010 16:20

excellent restart good storyline filled a lot of holes :)

cimt 02-04-2010 19:09

Excellent episode. See how young John Noble looked compared to how he looks now as Walter.

Tezcatlipoca 02-04-2010 19:30

I liked the retro intro :D

*Very* good episode. Also makes me wonder even more if "Walternate" is the Big Bad.