Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Child grooming gang found guilty (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33687539)

Osem 09-05-2012 09:08

Re: Child grooming gang found guilty

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35425348)
What we don't need and what I find disgusting is the thought of the BNP profiting from the suffering and pain these children suffered, for the BNP's own political agenda.

I also abhor the violence that occurred over this situation against members of the community who weren't even involved.Mindless thuggery won't solve anything and can only make a bad situation worse.:mad:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-17899841

:tu:

The wider, thoroughly decent Pakistani community can prick that particular bubble.

BNP thugs are no more representative of all white British people than these child abusers are of their communities.

martyh 09-05-2012 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35425350)
:tu:

The wider, thoroughly decent Pakistani community can prick that particular bubble.

Lets hope they do .They need to very vocal on this and not just in the aftermath of the trial ,it needs to be a constant and persistant message .

Osem 09-05-2012 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35425391)
Lets hope they do .They need to very vocal on this and not just in the aftermath of the trial, it needs to be a constant and persistant message .

Which I am sure is what's behind Mr Shafiq's honest and wise words.

Jimmy-J 09-05-2012 11:16

Just being reported that A 59-year-old man from Oldham is sentenced to 19 years for part in child sex ring case, others being sentenced now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...03#TWEET140261

martyh 09-05-2012 11:32

• Quote:

• Kabeer Hassan, 25, of Lacrosse Avenue, Oldham, was sentenced to nine years for rape and three years, concurrently, for the conspiracy conviction.
    • Abdul Aziz, 41, of Armstrong Hurst Close, Rochdale, also convicted of trafficking for sexual exploitation, received a nine year sentence.
    • Abdul Rauf, 43, of Darley Road and Adil Khan, 42, of Oswald Street, both of Rochdale and also convicted of trafficking a child within the UK for sexual exploitation, received six and eight years respectively.
    • Mohammed Sajid, 35, of Jephys Street, Rochdale, also convicted of one count of rape, sexual activity with a girl under 16 and trafficking for sexual exploitation, was jailed for 12 years.
    • Mohammed Amin, 45, of Falinge Road, Falinge, also convicted of sexual assault, received a five-year jail term.
    • Hamid Safi, 22, of Tweedale Street, Rochdale, also convicted of trafficking girls for the purposes of sexual exploitation, has been sentenced to four years.
    • Abdul Qayyum, 44, of Ramsay Street, Rochdale, was jailed for five years. He will be deported to Afghanistan at the end of his sentence

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...03#TWEET140261

andrewstevenson 09-05-2012 11:38

Maybe cutting off a certain tool to stop them being able to hurt and abuse kids

Sirius 09-05-2012 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35425417)

Not good enough. They should have got far more, Just think how soon some of them will out and in the public once good behavior is taken into account.

The lawyers will be putting together there appeals as we speak

martyh 09-05-2012 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35425422)
Not good enough. They should have got far more, Just think how soon some of them will out and in the public once good behavior is taken into account.

The lawyers will be putting together there appeals as we speak

I agree ,i am not happy about the concurrent sentences ,i think they should have been consecutive.

Sirius 09-05-2012 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35425426)
I agree ,i am not happy about the concurrent sentences ,i think they should have been consecutive.

I said they would be given sentences that have no bearing or deal with what these scumbags did.

Gary L 09-05-2012 14:41

Prick what bubble?
what constant and persistant message?
not to single out white girls to abuse, and to include your 'own' as well?
this is a racial thing. purely and simply because they daren't do it to their own.
pretending it's not is just silly.

Yes, I know it sounds like 'them and us' again. but that's because it is.

No, it doesn't mean we have to get the big brush out again.

Sirius 09-05-2012 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35425510)
Prick what bubble?
what constant and persistant message?
not to single out white girls to abuse, and to include your 'own' as well?
this is a racial thing. purely and simply because they daren't do it to their own.
pretending it's not is just silly.

Yes, I know it sounds like 'them and us' again. but that's because it is.

No, it doesn't mean we have to get the big brush out again.

Gary i have to fully agree with you, However we all know this will be very quickly swept under the carpet and forgotten about by next week.

Dr Seuss 09-05-2012 14:53

What a load of crap these cases are. These girls weren't "raped" or "abused", they were old enough to understand perfectly well what they were doing.

:td:

Sirius 09-05-2012 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Seuss (Post 35425514)
What a load of crap these cases are. These girls weren't "raped" or "abused", they were old enough to understand perfectly well what they were doing.

Theres always one like you on every forum.

Dr Seuss 09-05-2012 15:10

What, a rational person?

nomadking 09-05-2012 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Seuss (Post 35425514)

:shocked: Girls as young as 11 or in this specific case 13. Whereas the men were more than old enough to know what they were doing.
Quote:

In 2004 the Channel 4 documentary Edge of the City, which explored claims that Asian men in Bradford were grooming white girls as young as 11
Quote:

Khan, who is married with one child, fathered the child of a 13-year-old victim.
Quote:

Authorities believe 24 girls aged between 11 and 16 may have been affected.