Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Child grooming gang found guilty (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33687539)

Osem 08-05-2012 18:54

Child grooming gang found guilty

Quote:

Nine men have been convicted of being part of a child sexual exploitation ring in Greater Manchester.

The men, from Rochdale and Oldham, "groomed" girls, one as young as 13.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17989463

Let's hope they're sentenced accordingly and face a very long time behind bars.

martyh 08-05-2012 19:08

Re: Child grooming gang found guilty

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35425067)

Let's hope that Bubba and his gang have a nice time in the showers with them and a bar of soap

Sirius 08-05-2012 19:20

Quote:

I do hope your right but sadly with the weak jail sentences we have now been lumbered with thanks to the libs i doubt they will get more than 3 years and out after 2 years for good behaviour.

martyh 08-05-2012 19:28

I think that there are a lot of questions that need answering ,one of which is how a child in the care of social services can get caught abused like that .

Hugh 08-05-2012 19:43

Disgusting people - I hope they get life.

devilincarnate 08-05-2012 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35425091)

I hope that they do not get life, If you catch my drift.

Kill the ?

denphone 08-05-2012 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35425091)

Seconded.

Julian 08-05-2012 19:51

and this is not a racially motivated crime because..........

Sirius 08-05-2012 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilincarnate (Post 35425094)
I hope that they do not get life, If you catch my drift.

Kill the ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35425096)
Seconded.

Agree fully but we know they will get a sentence that is not going to go any where near what they should get.

martyh 08-05-2012 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian (Post 35425097)

I think that there are a lot of things to do with race in this case

Sirius 08-05-2012 20:43

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35425107)

why the hell has race been brought up in this case. They have commited a crime and that's it.

danielf 08-05-2012 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35425132)
why the hell has race been brought up in this case. They have commited a crime and that's it.

From the article:

Quote:

Mohammed Shafiq, chief executive of of the Ramadhan Foundation, accused Pakistani community elders of "burying their heads in the sand" on the issue of on-street grooming.

"There is a significant problem for the British Pakistani community," he said.

"There should be no silence in addressing the issue of race as this is central to the actions of these criminals.

"They think that white teenage girls are worthless and can be abused without a second thought; it is this sort of behaviour that is bringing shame on our community."

But Assistant Chief Constable Steve Heywood of Greater Manchester Police (GMP) denied that the ethnicity of either the defendants or the victims was a factor.

"It is not a racial issue," he said. "This is about adults preying on vulnerable young children.

"It just happens that in this particular area and time the demographics were that these were Asian men."

Sirius 08-05-2012 20:50

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35425107)

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel (Post 35425135)
From the article:

I see,

Far as i am concerned they should have the book thrown at them because of the crime they have committed. Unfortunately i fear they will be given a mere slapped hand and told not to do it again.

Osem 08-05-2012 20:53

If it's just about vulnerable children, do they only come in shades of white in those parts then? :confused:

I must say I feel there is probably something in what Mr Shafiq had to say.

martyh 08-05-2012 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35425132)

From what i can remember, and i think there is a thread about this ,there where a lot of accusations flying around at the time concerning the police being worried about prosecuting in case they get accused of racism ,and that the men involved where targeting white girls and i'm sorry to say it i think there is something to it .

Taf 08-05-2012 20:55

Quote:

Mohammed Shafiq, chief executive of of the Ramadhan Foundation, accused Pakistani community elders of "burying their heads in the sand" on the issue of on-street grooming.

"There is a significant problem for the British Pakistani community," he said.

"There should be no silence in addressing the issue of race as this is central to the actions of these criminals.

"They think that white teenage girls are worthless and can be abused without a second thought; it is this sort of behaviour that is bringing shame on our community."

I think Asians would like these men properly identified as Pakistani and 1 Afghani.

budwieser 08-05-2012 20:59

I can`t say what i`d like to see happen to these guilty ones on this forum but it involves lots of pain in ways you can`t believe! :mad::mad:

RizzyKing 08-05-2012 21:09

Put them in a room with a few of the public a lot more cost effective then even the shorter then they deserve sentence they are likely to get. Complete **** of the earth that have no place in any civilised society.

watzizname 08-05-2012 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35425137)
I see,

Far as i am concerned they should have the book thrown at them because of the crime they have committed. Unfortunately i fear they will be given a mere slapped hand and told not to do it again.

They've been given prison sentences, will most likely be on the sex offenders register till the day they die, will never be allowed to be alone with a child or vulnerable person for the rest of their lives and will have to suffer whatever society and their own community send their way..

I doubt very much that a slapped hand will even make the list.

Osem 08-05-2012 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by watzizname (Post 35425163)
They've been given prison sentences, will most likely be on the sex offenders register till the day they die, will never be allowed to be alone with a child or vulnerable person for the rest of their lives and will have to suffer whatever society and their own community send their way..

Not sure how that'd ever be enforced. :confused:

budwieser 08-05-2012 21:21

Quote:

How did they find themselves in the position of being with these `Vulnerable children` in the first place.?
:(
These kind of people are always finding ways to get close to what they want.
Kill them all.

martyh 08-05-2012 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35425169)

reading that article it would appear that there is a network of these types of people who would likely give shelter to anyone leaving jail and possibly aiding them in getting contact with young girls

Osem 08-05-2012 21:27

Could well be. In any event, uell unless they're all going to be watched 24/7, there's no way anyone can claim they'll never be allowed to be alone with other vulnerable children. It can't be prevented.

Hom3r 08-05-2012 21:28

IMHO whole life no parole no human rights BS.

Then put in non segregation cells.

Or lock them in the room with the mothers.

nomadking 08-05-2012 21:36

If Islam is not a factor, how come groups of Muslims like this, seemingly form relatively easily. They are not previously known sex offenders or widely spread around the country who find they have a common 'interest'. How easy is it to find people immediately around you that you think would be interested in such illegal activities, or at least be trusted not to report you to the police, if the idea was put to them. Could groups of Christians, Sikh, Hindus etc form on the same basis?

martyh 08-05-2012 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35425188)
Could well be. In any event, uell unless they're all going to be watched 24/7, there's no way anyone can claim they'll never be allowed to be alone with other vulnerable children. It can't be prevented.

quite agree ,and there is evidence to support that the sex offenders register is not working as well as it should

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...ren_in_Dorset/

danielf 08-05-2012 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35425209)
Could groups of Christians, Sikh, Hindus etc form on the same basis?

*COUGH* Catholic Church *COUGH*

martyh 08-05-2012 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35425209)
If Islam is not a factor, how come groups of Muslims like this, seemingly form relatively easily. They are not previously known sex offenders or widely spread around the country who find they have a common 'interest'. How easy is it to find people immediately around you that you think would be interested in such illegal activities, or at least be trusted not to report you to the police, if the idea was put to them. Could groups of Christians, Sikh, Hindus etc form on the same basis?

do we know they are Muslim ?

nomadking 08-05-2012 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielf (Post 35425217)
*COUGH* Catholic Church *COUGH*

They didn't agree with what was going on, merely trying to 'protect' the image of the church. Could one RC approach another RC to participate? Were there large groups of RCs banding together as easily as this?

danielf 08-05-2012 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35425219)
They didn't agree with what was going on, merely trying to 'protect' the image of the church. Could one RC approach another RC to participate? Were there large groups of RCs banding together as easily as this?

They allowed it to continue. Is that easy enough for you?

watzizname 08-05-2012 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35425169)

One would have to hope that those around them (Their own families and local community) the police and the looming consequence of heavier penalties would prove a big enough dissuasion from trying anything similar in the future.. I did however say "allowed" not prevented, so who knows..

It should also be pointed out that their preferred 'way in' to these children has been removed, with the closure of their businesses.. as the article mentions, the children would hang around outside their takeaways which provided them with the opportunity to groom them.. also their family and local community probably weren't aware what was going on, and now they do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35425182)
reading that article it would appear that there is a network of these types of people who would likely give shelter to anyone leaving jail and possibly aiding them in getting contact with young girls

I can't imagine any criminal fraternity (regardless of how lowly they might be) would risk having anything to do with them now.. Of course, i could be wrong, as some folk just aren't blessed with an abundance of grey matter.

devilincarnate 08-05-2012 21:58

The Church and all the others that have messed about with children should all be castrated at the back of the neck?

nomadking 08-05-2012 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35425218)
do we know they are Muslim ?

Were they Scientologists?:rolleyes: Where is a 'head in sand' smiley when you need it.

martyh 08-05-2012 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadking (Post 35425225)
Were they Scientologists?:rolleyes: Where is a 'head in sand' smiley when you need it.

what's that supposed to mean

---------- Post added at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was at 22:03 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by watzizname (Post 35425222)

I can't imagine any criminal fraternity (regardless of how lowly they might be) would risk having anything to do with them now.. Of course, i could be wrong, as some folk just aren't blessed with an abundance of grey matter.

A kind of "look after your own" mentality i suppose ,a bit like pedophile networks

devilincarnate 08-05-2012 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35425229)
what's that supposed to mean[

The midgets are on the move? Sorry Tom Cruise has gone for a walk.

But we are further off topic than should tha Bahrain GP have gone on?

Hom3r 08-05-2012 22:22

The thing that people are forgeting is that all religions, ethinic groups etc, will have people that will do this sicken act, some will try and cover it up other will throw them to the wolves.

Sirius 08-05-2012 22:24

Quote:

How long are those prison sentences,

Anything less that 15 year is a waste of time as far as i am concerned.

martyh 08-05-2012 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35425241)
How long are those prison sentences,

Anything less that 15 year is a wast of time as far as i am concerned.

They haven't been sentenced yet have they ?

Sirius 08-05-2012 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35425244)

Not sure

Jimmy-J 09-05-2012 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35425244)

They'll be sentenced later today.

Nidge41 09-05-2012 08:26

Quote:

There are 9 more cases in the pipeline.

---------- Post added at 08:26 ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 ----------

Quote:

It's normal to do stuff like this in Pakistan.

Osem 09-05-2012 08:39

Heard the Rochdale MP Simon Danczuk being interviewed on BBC Radio this morning. He seems to share the view that there is a racial element at work and puts it down to the way in which white girls are viewed by certain elements of the community.

Let's not run away with the idea that this is necessarily anything more than a small minority of a particular community, however. Other communities are also represented in the child grooming statistics and clearly that doesn't mean everyone in those communities can be tarred with the same brush for the same reasons. Having said that, had this case involved all white men targeting all black or Asian girls I don't think many people would be thinking there was no racial element or trying to minimise it.

Whilst I can understand and support the genuine concerns about labelling an entire community, I don't think it's helpful to maintain a head in the sand attitude either. Surely it's in everyone's interests that problems in one community or another aren't swept under the carpet simply because it's expedient to do so. Clearly there isn't a racial element in all child grooming but I think it's hard not to conclude that in certain cases this is a factor.

I agree very much with Mohammed Shafiq about the need to tackle this issue head on and thereby send a very clear message to the miscreants that their own communities will not tolerate such behaviour and will expose it. That'd the best way to dispel any myths put about by extremists that certain minorities a) are inherently racist, criminal etc., b) will defend/deny wrongdoing amongst their own and c) are in some way treated more favourably in the eyes of the law.

Sirius 09-05-2012 08:39

Quote:

[url]

Well we should find out today but i am not holding my breath for any real jail time for them.

richard s 09-05-2012 09:00

**** country.

Maggy 09-05-2012 09:05

What we don't need and what I find disgusting is the thought of the BNP profiting from the suffering and pain these children suffered, for the BNP's own political agenda.

I also abhor the violence that occurred over this situation against members of the community who weren't even involved.Mindless thuggery won't solve anything and can only make a bad situation worse.:mad:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-17899841

Osem 09-05-2012 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35425348)
What we don't need and what I find disgusting is the thought of the BNP profiting from the suffering and pain these children suffered, for the BNP's own political agenda.

I also abhor the violence that occurred over this situation against members of the community who weren't even involved.Mindless thuggery won't solve anything and can only make a bad situation worse.:mad:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-17899841

:tu:

The wider, thoroughly decent Pakistani community can prick that particular bubble.

BNP thugs are no more representative of all white British people than these child abusers are of their communities.

martyh 09-05-2012 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35425350)

The wider, thoroughly decent Pakistani community can prick that particular bubble.

Lets hope they do .They need to very vocal on this and not just in the aftermath of the trial ,it needs to be a constant and persistant message .

Osem 09-05-2012 10:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35425391)
Lets hope they do .They need to very vocal on this and not just in the aftermath of the trial, it needs to be a constant and persistant message .

Which I am sure is what's behind Mr Shafiq's honest and wise words.

Jimmy-J 09-05-2012 11:16

Just being reported that A 59-year-old man from Oldham is sentenced to 19 years for part in child sex ring case, others being sentenced now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...03#TWEET140261

martyh 09-05-2012 11:32

• Quote:

• Kabeer Hassan, 25, of Lacrosse Avenue, Oldham, was sentenced to nine years for rape and three years, concurrently, for the conspiracy conviction.
    • Abdul Aziz, 41, of Armstrong Hurst Close, Rochdale, also convicted of trafficking for sexual exploitation, received a nine year sentence.
    • Abdul Rauf, 43, of Darley Road and Adil Khan, 42, of Oswald Street, both of Rochdale and also convicted of trafficking a child within the UK for sexual exploitation, received six and eight years respectively.
    • Mohammed Sajid, 35, of Jephys Street, Rochdale, also convicted of one count of rape, sexual activity with a girl under 16 and trafficking for sexual exploitation, was jailed for 12 years.
    • Mohammed Amin, 45, of Falinge Road, Falinge, also convicted of sexual assault, received a five-year jail term.
    • Hamid Safi, 22, of Tweedale Street, Rochdale, also convicted of trafficking girls for the purposes of sexual exploitation, has been sentenced to four years.
    • Abdul Qayyum, 44, of Ramsay Street, Rochdale, was jailed for five years. He will be deported to Afghanistan at the end of his sentence

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...03#TWEET140261

andrewstevenson 09-05-2012 11:38

Maybe cutting off a certain tool to stop them being able to hurt and abuse kids

Sirius 09-05-2012 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35425417)

Not good enough. They should have got far more, Just think how soon some of them will out and in the public once good behavior is taken into account.

The lawyers will be putting together there appeals as we speak

martyh 09-05-2012 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35425422)
Not good enough. They should have got far more, Just think how soon some of them will out and in the public once good behavior is taken into account.

The lawyers will be putting together there appeals as we speak

I agree ,i am not happy about the concurrent sentences ,i think they should have been consecutive.

Sirius 09-05-2012 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35425426)
I agree ,i am not happy about the concurrent sentences ,i think they should have been consecutive.

I said they would be given sentences that have no bearing or deal with what these scumbags did.

Gary L 09-05-2012 14:41

Prick what bubble?
what constant and persistant message?
not to single out white girls to abuse, and to include your 'own' as well?
this is a racial thing. purely and simply because they daren't do it to their own.
pretending it's not is just silly.

Yes, I know it sounds like 'them and us' again. but that's because it is.

No, it doesn't mean we have to get the big brush out again.

Sirius 09-05-2012 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35425510)
Prick what bubble?
this is a racial thing. purely and simply because they daren't do it to their own.

Gary i have to fully agree with you, However we all know this will be very quickly swept under the carpet and forgotten about by next week.

Dr Seuss 09-05-2012 14:53

What a load of crap these cases are. These girls weren't "raped" or "abused", they were old enough to understand perfectly well what they were doing.

:td:

Sirius 09-05-2012 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Seuss (Post 35425514)
What a load of crap these cases are. These girls weren't "raped" or "abused", they were old enough to understand perfectly well what they were doing.

Theres always one like you on every forum.

Dr Seuss 09-05-2012 15:10

What, a rational person?

nomadking 09-05-2012 15:10

Quote:

:shocked: Girls as young as 11 or in this specific case 13. Whereas the men were more than old enough to know what they were doing.
Quote:

In 2004 the Channel 4 documentary Edge of the City, which explored claims that Asian men in Bradford were grooming white girls as young as 11
Quote:

Khan, who is married with one child, fathered the child of a 13-year-old victim.
Quote:

Authorities believe 24 girls aged between 11 and 16 may have been affected.

Sirius 09-05-2012 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Seuss (Post 35425527)
What, a rational person?

:LOL: You need to take a look at yourself in a mirror and soon or that face will stick

As for your position, I find it repulsive that you think a girl of 13 should be raped and abused because you think she 13 is old enough

martyh 09-05-2012 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35425510)
Prick what bubble?

Yes it is a racial thing ,but we need the constant and persistant message to get through to some that different sections of society are not fair game for any reason least of all because they are white and British.I disagree that they do it to white British girls because they daren't do it to there own ,i firmly believe they do it to British white girls because they are white and British and there to be used

---------- Post added at 15:20 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Seuss (Post 35425527)
What, a rational person?

People with your train thought are the problem .Yes girls as young as 11 do dress provocatively and do go out drinking and hanging about places where they probably shouldn't ,that does not mean that they are open for abuse and rape.It is a problem with parents and society that allows the girls to do that when we should be educating them not to.

Dr Seuss 09-05-2012 15:26

I'm sure they hated every minute of it. So much that they kept on coming back for more. LOL.

Sirius 09-05-2012 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Seuss (Post 35425545)
I'm sure they hated every minute of it. So much that they kept on coming back for more. LOL.

Oh i get it, Your the troll for the day ;)

denphone 09-05-2012 15:33

Quote:

You really have no idea what is like to be abused or raped do you.:(:(:td::td:

Hom3r 09-05-2012 15:36

Well according to the news some are originally from Pakistan, so after their sentance they should be deported.

If they have obtained British citizenship this should they be stripped of this and deported.

devilincarnate 09-05-2012 15:37

Quote:

Hello, Hello, Hello is there anybody in there.:rolleyes:

Sirius 09-05-2012 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35425554)
Well according to the news some are originally from Pakistan, so after their sentance they should be deported.

If they have obtained British citizenship this should they be stripped of this and deported.

Never going to happen, They have Human Rights to protect them from that

nashville 09-05-2012 15:43

I hope they catch the rest of them too, as they say there are more out there

martyh 09-05-2012 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35425562)
Never going to happen, They have Human Rights to protect them from that

The British ones won't be deported but the Afghan one is .

devilincarnate 09-05-2012 15:47

Quote:

I take it you have not got children? I would die for mine and if anyone did anything to them Iwould do life.

Sirius 09-05-2012 15:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilincarnate (Post 35425568)
I take it you have not got children? I would die for mine and if anyone did anything to them Iwould do life.

Same here :tu:

Dr Seuss 09-05-2012 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilincarnate (Post 35425568)

No, I haven't and that allows me to think about it more rationally.

These girls weren't "raped". They weren't forced to have sex. They could have stopped any time they wanted by just not visiting the men anymore.

So what exactly was the terrible crime committed here?

Maggy 09-05-2012 15:55

Quote:

Oh yes every female is gagging to be raped and abused.Of course they are and when they say no they really mean yes..:rolleyes:

Hom3r 09-05-2012 15:57

I haven't been luck to have kids, but I am an uncle and anybody who hurt them would beg for death after I finish with them. ;)

Maggy 09-05-2012 15:57

Right everyone I suggest before this thread descends into a flame war that we remember the Ignore option

Hom3r 09-05-2012 15:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by martyh (Post 35425566)
The British ones won't be deported but the Afghan one is .

IIRC if you become a British citizen this can be revoked, and if it is the case here, then as I said should be.

devilincarnate 09-05-2012 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Seuss (Post 35425572)

These girls weren't "raped". They weren't forced to have sex. They could have stopped any time they wanted by just not visiting the men anymore.

My partner was raped as a child so if you think that is funny or something to get your bigot views across you are sadly mistaken.

I am going to leave this thead before I spoil my language

Dr Seuss 09-05-2012 16:04

*facepalm*

nashville 09-05-2012 16:12

Quote:

I cannot believe you said that. They could have been forced by threats or anything. Whose side are you on? :confused:

danielf 09-05-2012 16:13

Quote:

Well, at least two of the suspects were convicted for rape. Then there's sexual assault, trafficking for sexual exploitation, trafficking of a child for sexual exploitation, and sexual activity with a child under 16. Pretty serious offences in my book.

Quote:

Kabeer Hassan, 25, of Lacrosse Avenue, Oldham, was sentenced to nine years for rape and three years, concurrently, for the conspiracy conviction.
Abdul Aziz, 41, of Armstrong Hurst Close, Rochdale, also convicted of trafficking for sexual exploitation, received a nine year sentence.
Abdul Rauf, 43, of Darley Road and Adil Khan, 42, of Oswald Street, both of Rochdale and also convicted of trafficking a child within the UK for sexual exploitation, received six and eight years respectively.
Mohammed Sajid, 35, of Jephys Street, Rochdale, also convicted of one count of rape, sexual activity with a girl under 16 and trafficking for sexual exploitation, was jailed for 12 years.
Mohammed Amin, 45, of Falinge Road, Falinge, also convicted of sexual assault, received a five-year jail term.
Hamid Safi, 22, of Tweedale Street, Rochdale, also convicted of trafficking girls for the purposes of sexual exploitation, has been sentenced to four years.
Abdul Qayyum, 44, of Ramsay Street, Rochdale, was jailed for five years. He will be deported to Afghanistan at the end of his sentence

Dr Seuss 09-05-2012 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35425586)
I cannot believe you said that. They could have been forced by threats or anything. Whose side are you on? :confused:

If there was any good evidence for that the men would've been tried for rape. Let's be rational here.

danielf 09-05-2012 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Seuss (Post 35425588)
If there was any good evidence for that the men would've been tried for rape. Let's be rational here.

Ahem. Three (two as per above, as well as the ringleader) of the men were convicted of rape.

Sirius 09-05-2012 16:19

Quote:

OMG i now know what you are :mad:

denphone 09-05-2012 16:19

Quote:

We are being perfectly rational here as in my mind any humans with a ounce of humanity would be totally disgusted and sickened by these wicked evil crimes.

Dr Seuss 09-05-2012 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielf (Post 35425587)
Well, at least two of the suspects were convicted for rape. Then there's sexual assault, trafficking for sexual exploitation, trafficking of a child for sexual exploitation, and sexual activity with a child under 16. Pretty serious offences in my book.

Only two of them and they were probably just technical "rapes" like having sex with someone when they're drunk.

danielf 09-05-2012 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Seuss (Post 35425596)
Only two of them and they were probably just technical "rapes" like having sex with someone when they're drunk.

Three actually, and if you think having sex with someone who is so drunk that she's vomiting over the side of the bed isn't rape you need to have your head examined. Also, I don't think 'trafficking for the purpose of sexual exploitation' is quite on a par with shop lifting.

Osem 09-05-2012 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by danielf (Post 35425599)
Three actually, and if you think having sex with someone who is so drunk that she's vomiting over the side of the bed isn't rape you need to have your head examined. Also, I don't think 'trafficking for the purpose of sexual exploitation' is quite on a par with shop lifting.

Do you think they'd find much in there? :rolleyes:

A brief glance at the poster's previous forum 'contributions' indicates where he's coming from.

Maggy 09-05-2012 16:42

Ignore,ignore,ignore,ignore everyone please.Do not feed the Bridge dweller.

martyh 09-05-2012 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35425579)
IIRC if you become a British citizen this can be revoked, and if it is the case here, then as I said should be.

Quote:

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16224681

Quote:

Some of the victims told the jury that they were threatened with violence if they did not submit to their demands.
Quote:

The judge also said: "In some cases those girls were raped callously, viciously and violently."
Yep sounds like they could have walked away at any time .You may want to try reading about the case before commenting further .One girl tried to tell her social service carer but was ignored.

I'm with Sirius ,i think i know what you are

devilincarnate 09-05-2012 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 35425593)
OMG i now know what you are :mad:

I thought that they were not allowed mobiles inside:confused:

Sirius 09-05-2012 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilincarnate (Post 35425621)
I thought that they were not allowed mobiles inside:confused:

My thoughts as well

Dr Seuss 09-05-2012 22:40

OK I was wrong. It looks they were coerced. My point, though, is that people automatically thought the worse when it could have just been consensual.

TheDaddy 09-05-2012 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35425238)
The thing that people are forgeting is that all religions, ethinic groups etc, will have people that will do this sicken act, some will try and cover it up other will throw them to the wolves.

They do, what they don't have though is predators selecting their victims based on the fact they don't share the same religion tough.

Hugh 09-05-2012 22:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Seuss (Post 35425778)
OK I was wrong. It looks they were coerced. My point, though, is that people automatically thought the worse when it could have just been consensual.

No, people thought the worst when they read that a bunch of men, mostly in their 40's, were plying 13 to 15 year olds with drink and drugs and having sex with them.

Dr Seuss 09-05-2012 22:50

You're just jealous you didn't get any. :p:

danielf 09-05-2012 22:51

Still good of Dr. Seuss to man up and admit get it wrong though :tu:

Hugh 09-05-2012 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Seuss (Post 35425785)
You're just jealous you didn't get any. :p:

Strange as it may seem to you, I don't find 13 to 15 year old girls sexually attractive - they're just kids.

Dr Seuss 09-05-2012 22:58

Actually that is quite strange given the biological fact that girls are at the nubile peak between about 12 and 16, but that's a whole other thread.

martyh 09-05-2012 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Seuss (Post 35425790)
Actually that is quite strange given the biological fact that girls are at the nubile peak between about 12 and 16, but that's a whole other thread.

Looks like Sirius and me were right about you