Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Russia-Trump inquiry: Special Counsel Robert Mueller ends Russia investigation (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707520)

Hugh 22-03-2019 21:34

Russia-Trump inquiry: Special Counsel Robert Mueller ends Russia investigation

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47671715

Quote:

Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into alleged collusion between Russia and President Donald Trump's 2016 campaign has concluded.

Mr Mueller's report has been delivered to the Department of Justice, where Attorney General William Barr will decide how much to share with Congress.

In a letter to Congress, Mr Barr said he may be able to report back the principal conclusions by the weekend.

No details of Mr Mueller's report have been released.

The report is intended to explain any prosecutorial decisions the special counsel has made in the 22 months since his appointment by deputy US Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

Damien 22-03-2019 21:57

Re: Russia-Trump inquiry: Special Counsel Robert Mueller ends Russia investigation

Pretty sure there won't be any collision but it'll be interesting to see the extent to which Russia got involved.

---------- Post added at 21:57 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

There will be no more indictments.

Damien 24-03-2019 19:50

Re: Russia-Trump inquiry: Special Counsel Robert Mueller ends Russia investigation

https://twitter.com/ktbenner/status/1109904551803609094

Quote:

"the Special Counsel's investigation did not find that the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it conspired or coordinated with Russia in its efforts to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election." -- from the #mueller report top findings

Mick 24-03-2019 19:58

$35 Million Dollars wasted then.

1andrew1 24-03-2019 20:02

Let's hope those who funded the report - the US taxpayers - actually get to read it.

Hugh 24-03-2019 20:04

Here’s Barr’s letter

https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/de...Committees.pdf

Damien 24-03-2019 20:07

Other point: Russia did interfere with two different ways in the 2016 Election

Hugh 24-03-2019 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35988465)
$35 Million Dollars wasted then.

Not really - the investigation clawed back $42 million dollars back from Manafort...

(in comparison, the (Bill) Clinton investigation cost $69 million dollars)

I’m sure no one is worried that AG Barr’s son-in-law-law joined Trump’s 2020 Campaign team last month - no conflict of interest there at all..

btw, the AG’s summary letter also said

Quote:

"While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him."
Which is a strange thing for a lawyer to say...

Damien 24-03-2019 20:18

Unless there is something big the AG is keeping from the letter it's likely this is over. There is nothing here the Democrats can use a basis for going after Trump and certainly not impeachment.

Hugh 24-03-2019 20:27

Remember, this is Barr’s view of the report, not what the report says - this is his interpretation/summary.

The Special Counsel declined to reach a conclusion.

Congress makes the decision about whether the president committed impeachable crimes. I would expect that the House will now demand the full report & evidence, conduct its own investigation, and reach its own conclusion.

(You know, like they did with the Hillary Clinton investigations)

Mick 24-03-2019 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35988470)
Not really - the investigation clawed back $42 million dollars back from Manafort...

(in comparison, the (Bill) Clinton investigation cost $69 million dollars)[COLOR="Silver"]

I’m sure no one is worried that AG Barr’s son-in-law-law joined Trump’s 2020 Campaign team last month - no conflict of interest there at all..

btw, the AG’s summary letter also said

Which is a strange thing for a lawyer to say...

Yes really, was a political hit job from the real collusion folk in the DNC. Who paid for the fake Russian Dossier again?

Answer: Crooked Hillary and the DNC!!!

Hugh 24-03-2019 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35988478)
Yes really, was a political hit job from the real collusion folk in the DNC. Who paid for the fake Russian Dossier again?

Answer: Crooked Hillary and the DNC!!!

And who started it off - the conservative political website The Washington Free Beacon, to provide general opposition research on Trump and other Republican presidential candidates.

Mick 24-03-2019 20:58

Hugh, I’m going to make this very clear I’m not having a re-run of the same petty arguments from prior Trump threads.

nomadking 24-03-2019 21:10

Never seen what this alleged collusion was ever had amounted to. Attempts were made to hack the Republican campaigns, but none succeeded. Hacking attempts are made on people and organisations all around the world and have been for decades. Nothing special about it.

The other supposed aspect amounts to just ads or giving opinions. Again nothing special about that. There will have been anti-Trump ads and opinions from accounts where the preferred language wasn't English, eg Spanish.

If I was going to collude with somebody on something this big, I would expect to see a lot more results than just those things.

Hugh 24-03-2019 21:59

If the Mueller Report actually did totally exonerate this administration, then it would already be public. Trump himself would have released it from Mar A Lago, instead of tweeting...

Wait for the full, unedited release of the report, not the Trump appointee report from the man who wrote an Op-Ed before he was appointed stating that there was no way Trump could be found guilty.

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35988491)
Hugh, I’m going to make this very clear I’m not having a re-run of the same petty arguments from prior Trump threads.

So I can’t reply to points you raise, that you’ve raised previously?