Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   US Timeline : Agents Of Shield (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33706396)

adzii_nufc 20-05-2018 18:25

Agents Of Shield

What a finale, couldn't dig anything up other than a season one thread.

Show gets better as it goes on, you can see they wrote this to serve as a finale though should it have come to that. Got ages to wait for season 6 but now I'm really struggling to get anywhere with the idea there could be a Secret Warriors reboot/spinoff after AoS ends with Daisy Johnson leading the way. This down to the realization after the finale of just how good of a character Fitz really has become. He became a major player during season 4 and his portrayal of The Doctor before again being a top character in season 5. The Doctor Fitz plot twist when removing the inhibitor from Daisy was a marvelous piece of tv.

Whether 6 is the last or not remains to be seen. It's just not AoS if they can't keep the core team together. So I'm not sure how well a Secret Warriors show would do. Could have a lot to do with fan reaction to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel...ecret_Warriors

In which Chloe Bennet portrays Quake in an animated version.

General Maximus 16-11-2018 22:49

Re: Agents Of Shield

Great news, AoS has pretty been renewed for a 7th season. I know there was some trepidation around surrounding a 6th season and many of us thought it would be to wrap things up after Infinity War but i am delighted that they see a future for it. Renewing it this far in advance allows the writers to plan some superb story arcs knowing that they are going to get the chance to finish them off properly.

http://www.tv.com/news/marvels-agent...4029640060964/

pip08456 16-11-2018 23:19

I just read it myself on another site and was about to post but you beat me to it.

General Maximus 16-11-2018 23:24

I came across it purely by accident. I was on tv.com looking at the episode guides for sg1. I am working my through it again and like to tease myself with upcoming stories.

pip08456 16-11-2018 23:38

I saw it on twitter. A tweet from @TheCGReporter.

adzii_nufc 17-11-2018 01:18

Yeah just seen on reddit.

Makes you wonder now if Season 6 and 7 are the same story arc in two parts. Worth noting there's no mention of Clark Gregg.

Paul 18-11-2018 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35971160)
I just read it myself on another site and was about to post but you beat me to it.

Ditto :D

General Maximus 30-01-2019 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35971168)
Worth noting there's no mention of Clark Gregg.

Fear not:

Paul 31-01-2019 04:33

Well i hope its as good as that trailer looks. :)

General Maximus 31-01-2019 19:05

I am sure it will be, I love AoS and it puts the DC series to shame.

denphone 04-02-2019 08:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35981459)

And it was even better when we got it for just under a fiver the other week in the Amazon video sale.:)

Stuart 04-02-2019 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35981459)

I've been following "Agents of Shield" since it first started. Had it continued as the sort of "Police procedural with Aliens" show it started as, I am likely to have stopped watching it, but I like the way that, at first, it started to tie in with the movies, then (as part of the whole Shield/Hydra storyline) become a bit of a conspiracy thriller, before reducing the storyline links to the MCU, and going sci fi. In fact, I thought the last series (especially the first few episodes, which reminded me very much of the first Alien film, atmospherically and muscially). That said, they heavily featured the Kree, who, of course, feature in Captain Marvel, as she is Kree, so maybe the links haven't entirely gone.

That said, AOS is the only current Marvel TV show I've particularly liked. The other show is Agent Carter (which I'd love to see come back), but never got into the other shows.

The DC shows, on the other hand, I like all of them. I like the way that although the are nearly all in the same "Universe" (or multiverse, as they are nearly all set on different Earths), they all have their own atmosphere, and that atmosphere can change. Arrow, for instance, is more serious than Flash, and less "Sci Fi" than either Flash or Legends of Tomorrow.

General Maximus 04-02-2019 18:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35981958)
I like the way that, at first, it started to tie in with the movies

yup, I think of AoS as Avengers: the tv series. It follows a similar theme apart from the SHIELD guys don't have special abilities. The production quality is excellent and the special effects and action scenes are top notch. It always feels very real and you can believe they are where are whether it is SHIELD HQ, the plane or anywhere else. I love this series and would gladly see it run for the duration of the MCU. I know they need to keep it fresh and they have introduced new characters to add to the story lines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35981958)
The DC shows, on the other hand, I like all of them. I like the way that although the are nearly all in the same "Universe" (or multiverse, as they are nearly all set on different Earths), they all have their own atmosphere, and that atmosphere can change. Arrow, for instance, is more serious than Flash, and less "Sci Fi" than either Flash or Legends of Tomorrow.

true and I have said for a long time that I prefer the DC series over the Marvel/Netflix series but what is doing my head in at the moment is stringing out the bad guy story lines. I was hoping they were going to learn the lesson last season with Arrow but they are now making the same mistakes in Flash. How many opportunities are going to pass by to stop/put down a bad guy who you know is out to kill you and everyone else. It is that bad atm I feel like they should do an honest trailer for it and clip the scenes to together where they have them and then let them go.

pip08456 31-03-2019 00:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35982045)
yup, I think of AoS as Avengers: the tv series. It follows a similar theme apart from the SHIELD guys don't have special abilities. The production quality is excellent and the special effects and action scenes are top notch. It always feels very real and you can believe they are where are whether it is SHIELD HQ, the plane or anywhere else. I love this series and would gladly see it run for the duration of the MCU. I know they need to keep it fresh and they have introduced new characters to add to the story lines.

true and I have said for a long time that I prefer the DC series over the Marvel/Netflix series but what is doing my head in at the moment is stringing out the bad guy story lines. I was hoping they were going to learn the lesson last season with Arrow but they are now making the same mistakes in Flash. How many opportunities are going to pass by to stop/put down a bad guy who you know is out to kill you and everyone else. It is that bad atm I feel like they should do an honest trailer for it and clip the scenes to together where they have them and then let them go.

That does my head in too and you are right they're doing exactly the same with Flash. Totally unnecessary and just acts as "padding" to eke the story out for a season. Time for a change in the Writers Dept methinks.

Meanwhile a new trailer for AOS has dropped.

General Maximus 31-03-2019 18:10

looks flipping awesome and I can't wait.

pip08456 31-03-2019 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35989329)
looks flipping awesome and I can't wait.

Comes back May 10th.

Chris 01-04-2019 09:38

Do e4 normally show it close to its original broadcast in the US?

I never managed to catch it before but I’ve been binging on Amazon Prime over the last 2 months and I’m now all caught up and ready for more. :D

General Maximus 01-04-2019 14:36

Early on they were way behind and didnt start showing until after the entire season had aired in the US but if memory serves they had a change of heart last season and i am sure they were only one or two weeks behind.

Paul 02-04-2019 22:02

We could always provide you with .... alternative sources :erm: :D

General Maximus 04-04-2019 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 35989401)
I never managed to catch it before but I’ve been binging on Amazon Prime over the last 2 months

you have missed the icing on the cake so to speak. Although it is a superb series all round imho, early on when you had the introduction of Hydra and genetic experiments they tied it in and timed exactly to the week and day to the release of Captain America Winter Soldier and Avengers 2. It was really special and made you feel part of one big Marvel Universe.

Chris 04-04-2019 11:45

I’ve never been able to get to see many movies at or near release date due to where I live - trips to the cinema are a big day out, so rare and usually confined to what the whole family wants to see ...

In my case it’s better that I’m coming to it late because that way I’ve seen all the MCU movies that are being referenced and understand what’s going on :D

General Maximus 04-05-2019 15:43

General Maximus 08-05-2019 18:24

Paul 08-05-2019 21:11

Looking forward to it :D

cupcakes aka dd 10-05-2019 00:54

Just discovered my upgrade to V6 didn't port the series link across. When's the UK airing the new series?

General Maximus 10-05-2019 08:44

Cant you search for it on your box? You can on the sky ones.

Thursday 25th May on E4.

cupcakes aka dd 10-05-2019 21:08

Nothing. Got to wait until next week to manually create a series link due to programme guide being blank at the moment

Chris 10-05-2019 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35994347)
Cant you search for it on your box? You can on the sky ones.

Thursday 25th May on E4.

:hyper:

Paul 11-05-2019 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 35994409)
:hyper:

First episode was awsome, so dont miss it. :)

pip08456 12-05-2019 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35994552)
First episode was awsome, so dont miss it. :)

I didn't!;)

cupcakes aka dd 15-05-2019 22:00

UK date now Sunday 26th at 9:00 E4

General Maximus 15-05-2019 22:11

At least you are not too far behind.

Paul 21-05-2019 19:12

Two episodes in and Im really liking this season.

General Maximus 21-05-2019 19:25

It is killing me but I have put it on hold atm. I have stopped watching everything, even the last couple of episodes of the DC series, while I binge watch B5.

adzii_nufc 06-08-2019 05:31

Enjoyed it of course but I can't ignore how weak that season was. I hope they can go out on top because it really kicked off in season 3 and peaked in 4 and 5 which were superb.

I don't think they could build a villain up in 11 episodes and they ended up being massively underwhelming. They did use a decent amount of screen time to build up the season 7 story arc though so maybe they accepted that season 6 may be a bit off. Did post earlier in the thread that it was plausible season 6 and 7 were two parts and whilst it isn't exactly two parts, 7 is a definite continuation of the events in 6.

Avoided spoilers for General's sake. Incase he's still not watched.

Paul 06-08-2019 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 36005052)
Enjoyed it of course but I can't ignore how weak that season was.

Each to their own I guess, I thought it was a very good season. :)

General Maximus 07-08-2019 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 36005052)
Avoided spoilers for General's sake. Incase he's still not watched.

thanks but you don't need to worry, I watch AoS religiously every week as soon as it airs. I admit this season wasn't the best but I still enjoyed it as I have all others. The one thing I think let it down wasn't the story per se but the lack of interaction with other people and the wider world. In previous seasons you have seen them go out and about and interact with the public and that has made everything more real. In this season they felt more sandboxed and I can understand why they did it. The show would have had to address the fallout from Endgame and it would detract from AoS, the story and the characters. Still, it hurt my realism factor a bit.

Still enjoyed it though. The one thing I was worried about going in to it was how on earth they were going to explain Coulson being there without actually being Coulson and I thought they did that very cleverly. As I have mentioned previously, the series has been renewed for a 7th and final season and it was filmed back to back with season 6. I am delighted they have come up with a way to bring true Coulson back; very fitting for the final season. I can't wait to see him in charge again in his prime with the team back together and hopefully kick some ass as he has got some new found strength and abilities.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/m...series-finale/

Chris 29-08-2019 07:48

Having caught up with the entire run up to the end of season 5 on Amazon earlier this year I found I couldn’t stand watching one episode a week with adverts so I set a series link for season 6 and just left it until it was all out. Now the kids are back at school I have a bit of time during the day for binge watching so I’ve now caught up.

I liked season 6 though I think they painted themselves into a few corners (Fitz in a freezer, lead character dead) and the MCU left them with a very difficult shared universe in which to tell any story that wasn’t impacted in some way by the events of Endgame. Given what they started with I thought what they produced was very good, and where they ended up, though the plot device itself isn’t in any way original, will give them more creative freedom for the final half dozen episodes.

I was left wondering, given the numerous references to multiverse theory and Deke’s continued existence despite changes to the timeline into which he would be born, whether they are signalling that the show isn’t even set in the MCU any more. But seeing as we’re now almost at the end, we may never know.

Anyone know when season 7 is coming out?

denphone 29-08-2019 07:55

Here we are Chris.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agents...L.D._(season_7)

General Maximus 29-08-2019 07:58

It has already been filmed and will aired next summer.

General Maximus 09-09-2019 18:43

just found this if you are interested:

General Maximus 02-05-2020 18:53

Start getting excited :cleader: I was mildly concerned when I heard they had filmed the last two seasons back to back and thought they may be re-using sets to save costs etc and we would see some similarity but this looks completely different and like they plan to go out with a bang. I love this series and it is going to be sad to see them go, seven seasons is a good run though. I am keeping my fingers crossed that when it finishes its run on US tv networks, it will be made instantly available on Disney+ to boost the Marvel content and will be so popular that it will prompt a spin-off series. Fingers crossed :)

Chris 02-05-2020 19:20

We can hope, but the best part of a year after s6 finished broadcast in the U.K. it hasn’t shown up on D+ which only goes up to s5.

I’m hoping that for future box set purposes they’re treating s6 and s7 as one complete season, seeing as they’re each only half seasons long compared to the other 5. In which case a few months after s7 has gone out we might get the lot on Disney.

I’ll record them on e4 but as channel 4 has never made any of its HD channels FTA on Freesat (except C4 itself, for a while at least), if there’s even a chance of seeing it in 4K on Disney I’ll discipline myself and wait.

General Maximus 02-05-2020 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36033658)
if there’s even a chance of seeing it in 4K on Disney I’ll discipline myself and wait.

lol, well if any series deserves it is this one. The production quality is excellent and I would put it up there with current series like The Expanse and Picard. If you were going to wait to watch a series in 4k and proper surround sound this is it.

General Maximus 04-06-2020 18:54

cimt 04-06-2020 22:05

I'm liking this season so far. It's starting to actually have something to do with the MCU again which it has been missing lately. Although it had been better for it, it's nice to still see the wider aspects of the MCU.

General Maximus 04-06-2020 22:50

I haven't started season 7 yet. I think if I don't watch it then it won't be over :cry:

cimt 04-06-2020 23:26

I think once it has finished I'll be giving it a rewatch like. Hope they do a spinoff on Disney+

General Maximus 05-06-2020 09:39

Yeah, it definitely needs one. AoS is such a fantastic series and Disney are developing plenty of other MCU series so a Shield series would compliment it quite nicely. They could give it a break for a while and then tie in and launch a new series with the next Avengers film with a crossover.

BenMcr 22-07-2020 22:28

https://www.tvwise.co.uk/2020/07/mar...ps-abc-series/

Quote:

Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. has lost its UK broadcaster. E4 has opted not to pick up the seventh and final season of the ABC series from international distributor Disney Media Distribution, TVWise has confirmed. Rumours that the series would not be returning to E4 have been circulating for weeks.

Chris 22-07-2020 22:59

I speculate that Disney has inflated the asking price so as to discourage e4 from continuing to screen it. That clears the way for them to premiere it on Disney+, where there has been a near total lack of new Marvel TV content since launch.

Paul 23-07-2020 00:09

Shame, its been a cracking Season so far. :D

General Maximus 23-07-2020 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36044390)
Shame, its been a cracking Season so far. :D

completely agree, this season has been fantastic. I just hope it works out in the long run and maybe Disney put it on Disney+ for the UK/EU markets. It does my head in every issue of SFX (and it was the case for AoS) they feature series which have just started in the US and a date hasn't even been agreed for the UK and always says UK Date TBC. I remember years ago when movies would come out at the cinema over here several months after the US and that was fixed so more often than not it is now the same week. The same needs to be done for the tv because we are always so far behind and having a series air 6 months after it finished in the US is unacceptable.

Paul 23-07-2020 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36044443)
completely agree

:erm:

:D

General Maximus 23-07-2020 18:38

I know, i am concerned as well

cimt 23-07-2020 19:03

I am still loving AoS, it has come so far from when it was launched. It was a show they could of cancelled in the first season and I'm so glad that they didn't.

cheekyangus 23-07-2020 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 36044385)
I speculate that Disney has inflated the asking price so as to discourage e4 from continuing to screen it. That clears the way for them to premiere it on Disney+, where there has been a near total lack of new Marvel TV content since launch.

I did wonder that myself.

---------- Post added at 21:30 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by cimt (Post 36044450)
I am still loving AoS, it has come so far from when it was launched. It was a show they could of cancelled in the first season and I'm so glad that they didn't.

Indeed. Every year they changed it quite a bit, and it pretty much worked each time.

pip08456 30-07-2020 21:30

ABC announced today thet the season finale will be 12th August with a 2hr 2 episode finish.

Link

Paul 30-07-2020 22:00

Thats been listed in the TV Schedules for a while now. :)

pip08456 30-07-2020 22:23

It's the way they made it appear...

General Maximus 30-07-2020 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36045119)
ABC announced today thet the season finale will be 12th August with a 2hr 2 episode finish.

Link

good, with a series as good as this you don't want a finale which is over as soon as it starts. It deserves a good ending where you have time to say goodbye to the characters.

pip08456 11-08-2020 23:45

A thank you from the cast and creators. Tomorrow will be a bitter sweet moment.

https://twitter.com/AgentsofSHIELD/s...91097930833920

Paul 12-08-2020 03:11

Yeah, a sad day :( but hopefully a good ending. :)

pip08456 12-08-2020 05:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36046377)
Yeah, a sad day :( but hopefully a good ending. :)

Yes Paul, I cannot see it being anything other than a good ending as it has been the best Marvel TVU offering, can you imagine the backlash if it's not? The cast seem happy to promote it so I think it's going to be amazing. We can only hope so.

General Maximus 12-08-2020 16:25

A great series which I watch religiously every week. It moved away from the MCU after season 2 and stood on it's own feet. Seven seasons is a great run and I am so glad it is ending properly (as opposed to being cancelled out of the blue) and a lot of love and TLC has gone into the story and ending. Make sure you have got your popcorn/doritos/chocolate ready and some tissues :cry:

1701-e 13-08-2020 21:36

An excellent double bill. Super plot, humour and action. A a really cool ending. Will rewatch soon

General Maximus 13-08-2020 22:04

Half way through :)

pip08456 14-08-2020 00:04

That's why I haven't posted. Didn't want to spoil it for you guys. I'm saying nothing else!

adzii_nufc 14-08-2020 06:29

Agents of SWORD, coming to a Disney+ near you.

It has to be coming. There's more stories to tell.

General Maximus 14-08-2020 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 36046592)
I'm saying nothing else!

All I will say is that I thought the closing scene was perfect.

pip08456 14-08-2020 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36046600)
All I will say is that I thought the closing scene was perfect.

Certainly was General.

Paul 14-08-2020 15:16

Yep, I think they ended that well. :)

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 36046598)
Agents of SWORD, coming to a Disney+ near you.

It has to be coming. There's more stories to tell.

https://screenrant.com/marvel-comics...mcu-explained/

cimt 14-08-2020 16:11

Watched it today and it was excellent. I deffos will watch the full series again.

Hugh 14-08-2020 16:52

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36046642)
Yep, I think they ended that well. :)

---------- Post added at 15:16 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

https://screenrant.com/marvel-comics...mcu-explained/

Another link from Screenrant about SWORD

https://screenrant.com/avengers-infi...er-sword-logo/

Captain Marvel's (Brie Larson) beeper seen during Avengers: Infinity War's post-credits scene features a hidden detail connecting to SWORD.

adzii_nufc 14-08-2020 20:37

There were leaks around winter 2019 regarding an 8 episode season 1 for an unnamed show starring Chloe Bennett.

However given the hints at SWORD in the MCU it's possible they're using that heavily in the MCU. That leaves the unnamed show and the ending of Agents of SHIELD to be interpreted as Secret Warriors, discussed earlier in this thread.

So the odds are on Disney producing Secret Warriors for TV as a spinoff to SWORD in the MCU. I mean I'd take that.

pip08456 14-08-2020 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 36046689)
There were leaks around winter 2019 regarding an 8 episode season 1 for an unnamed show starring Chloe Bennett.

However given the hints at SWORD in the MCU it's possible they're using that heavily in the MCU. That leaves the unnamed show and the ending of Agents of SHIELD to be interpreted as Secret Warriors, discussed earlier in this thread.

So the odds are on Disney producing Secret Warriors for TV as a spinoff to SWORD in the MCU. I mean I'd take that.

There were a couple of clues thrrown in the finale that could point to that.

Their meeting a year later was at the Swordfish Club.

Daisy's reference to Sousa referring to them as Astro-Ambassadors.

Finally showing Daisy, Sousa and Kora in space aboard the Zephyr 3.

adzii_nufc 15-08-2020 01:58

At this point I'm absolutely a something rather than nothing guy. I'll take whatever they offer. Well, so long as it isn't Inhumans :erm:

Paul 15-08-2020 02:36

You mean this ?

https://mcucosmic.com/2020/05/06/sec...arvel-studios/