Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   US Timeline : Supergirl (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33702800)

Kymmy 21-04-2016 16:15

Supergirl

For those of you on the US timeline there's gotta be one question...

...who or what is in the pod?

My guess is that it's her mom.... Anymore guesses?

Stephen 21-04-2016 17:20

Re: Supergirl

I am going with Superboy

Paul 21-04-2016 18:03

I was going to suggest her Mum or Dad as well.

Its still officially waiting to be renewed though atm.

Kymmy 21-04-2016 18:47

It's turned into a bloody good show.. It'll be stupid to cancel it

---------- Post added at 18:47 ---------- Previous post was at 18:47 ----------

I thought her mom purely on the fact that they don;t need to find another actress ;)

General Maximus 21-04-2016 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymmy (Post 35833624)
]I thought her mom purely on the fact that they don;t need to find another actress ;)

makes sense and you can sort of see her mum being the bad good guy as she was a judge and think she knows best and would want to have some sort of authorative/ruling position over the humans. Based on Kara's reaction though my gut says it is someone else.

I hope it gets renewed, there are far worse series out there atm and it is miles better than Legends of Tomorrow and can make for some great crossovers with Flash and Arrow.

I love how they have had Helen Slater, Dean Cain and Laura Vandervoort in it. They have maintained superman's presence throughout season 1 and if it gets renewed I would love to see a story arc in season 2 which required superman's help for one episode and for them to bring Tom Welling in for it. It would make my day :dunce:

Most importantly of all, Melissa Benoist is my No 1 babe atm out of all the tv series I currently watch and she can't go. Caroline and Bonnie from TVD are in second spot. Lana is all time supreme numero uno in case anyone is wondering.

v0id 02-06-2016 18:05

Just binge watched the last 12 episodes, this got awesome and is just as good as te other DC shows :O

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35833669)
I hope it gets renewed, there are far worse series out there atm and it is miles better than Legends of Tomorrow and can make for some great crossovers with Flash and Arrow.

A second season is planned for October but it's moving to The CW, which I think it's where the show should've been from the start.

As for crossovers, from The Flash's appearance in Supergirl in season 1, they're on differen't Earths so I don't think we there will be anymore.

pip08456 02-06-2016 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by v0id (Post 35840709)
Just binge watched the last 12 episodes, this got awesome and is just as good as te other DC shows :O

A second season is planned for October but it's moving to The CW, which I think it's where the show should've been from the start.

As for crossovers, from The Flash's appearance in Supergirl in season 1, they're on differen't Earths so I don't think we there will be anymore.

Never say never! Looking forward to Melissa coming back!

General Maximus 04-06-2016 10:12

yup, I am sure they can make it happen if they want to. The thing which I don't understand though is why Supergirl can only exist in one reality. Although there are multiple outcomes/possibilities (as in she never left Krypton), surely in 90% of cases she would have made it to Earth just like there would be a Flash on most Earths?

Kabaal 07-06-2016 07:56

re crossovers : they announced a 4 way crossover between Supergirl, Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow for next season at around the same time as the news of it moving to the CW.

Stephen 07-06-2016 08:22

Superman will be in the season 2 opening episodes.

https://deadline.com/2016/06/superma...cw-1201767883/
Quote:

Supergirl is getting a super boost for its launch on the CW. After a ton of references and a few fleeting glimpses of Superman in Season 1, the Man of Steel will be appearing in the flesh in the opening episodes of the superhero series’ upcoming second season as it moves from CBS to the CW
casting is underway.

Seems like moving networks was the best thing for the show.

General Maximus 07-06-2016 08:30

fantastic, I am well chuffed and I think it will be as good as Smallville. I can't wait to see the new direction it goes in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabaal (Post 35841469)
re crossovers : they announced a 4 way crossover between Supergirl, Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow for next season at around the same time as the news of it moving to the CW.

I hope nothing of any relevance happens in LoT because I won't be watching it

Stuart 07-06-2016 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 35841472)
Superman will be in the season 2 opening episodes.

https://deadline.com/2016/06/superma...cw-1201767883/
casting is underway.

Seems like moving networks was the best thing for the show.

I don't understand why DC is working so hard to keep it's TV shows and films separate.

Greg Berlanti has complained about it a few times, and apparently finds it quite restrictive. He was even apparently told that he could not include Superman or Batman in Arrow. OK, so Superman wouldn't really have fitted in, but Batman, being a fellow multi billionaire playboy/vigilante would have.

If done badly, it can be cheesy as anything including references to movies or even other TV shows in a show, but if it's done well (as Marvel have done with Agents of Shield), it can add a lot of depth to an ongoing story. Hell, the story with Lady Sif in AOS Season 1 was arguably a turning point for the series, where it stopped being some slightly weird Police Procedural drama with Aliens and turned into a series that I personally love.

But DC seem to view TV and Films as two totally seperate things. For instance, I read that because of the upcoming Suicide Squad movie, the Arrow production team were forced to remove the Suicide Squad from the TV series. They never were allowed to directly reference Harley Quinn, although apparently Tara Strong (who played her in some of the cartoons and the last three Arkham games) appeared in the background in one Arrow episode dressed as Harley Quinn, but was never directly referenced in the script.

Stephen 07-06-2016 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35841491)
I don't understand why DC is working so hard to keep it's TV shows and films separate.

Greg Berlanti has complained about it a few times, and apparently finds it quite restrictive. He was even apparently told that he could not include Superman or Batman in Arrow. OK, so Superman wouldn't really have fitted in, but Batman, being a fellow multi billionaire playboy/vigilante would have.

If done badly, it can be cheesy as anything including references to movies or even other TV shows in a show, but if it's done well (as Marvel have done with Agents of Shield), it can add a lot of depth to an ongoing story. Hell, the story with Lady Sif in AOS Season 1 was arguably a turning point for the series, where it stopped being some slightly weird Police Procedural drama with Aliens and turned into a series that I personally love.

But DC seem to view TV and Films as two totally seperate things. For instance, I read that because of the upcoming Suicide Squad movie, the Arrow production team were forced to remove the Suicide Squad from the TV series. They never were allowed to directly reference Harley Quinn, although apparently Tara Strong (who played her in some of the cartoons and the last three Arkham games) appeared in the background in one Arrow episode dressed as Harley Quinn, but was never directly referenced in the script.

I'd hardly call it good. The last season was pretty poor and a bit of a mess.

Wasn't dead shot in Arrow too?

adzii_nufc 07-06-2016 18:39

He was and was 'eliminated/removed from the storyline' as part of the arrow version of the Suicide squad along with any nod or mention of them. Amanda Weller was still crucial to an open plot but she was also removed in the prime timeline and only appeared in flashbacks.

General Maximus 07-06-2016 18:50

I think Agents of Shield is great and just gets better and better. I enjoy Flash and Arrow every week but they don't even begin to compare to AOS. It has a more serious tone to it story wise and the action and special effects are top notch. It is defo one of my "must see" series every week and I watch it as soon as I can. I love the crossovers they do with the movies and given how season 2 ended I was very disappointed that they didn't tie the end of season 3 in with Captain America with the controversy around the mutant registration act.