Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 Billion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710979)

Mick 25-04-2022 20:17

Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 Billion
 
BREAKING: Worlds richest person, Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 Billion.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-...at_campaign=64

The purchase could result in former U.S President Donald Trumpís Twitter account being reinstated, as Elon Musk vows to bring free speech back to the platform.

pip08456 25-04-2022 20:51

Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 Billion
 
BREAKING - Twitter has been sold to Elon Musk and will go private after agreeing to a deal worth $44 billion.

So pretty much confirmed. How he decides to run it remains to be seen.

Hom3r 25-04-2022 21:47

Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 Billion
 
As my dad says £34.6 billion, is obscene.


More money than some countries have.

ianch99 25-04-2022 22:35

Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 Billion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36120112)
As my dad says £34.6 billion, is obscene.


More money than some countries have.

Totally agree. It just highlights the obscenity of Billionaires

Paul 25-04-2022 23:47

Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 Billion
 
He's welcome to it.

Damien 26-04-2022 06:57

Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 Billion
 
It's rather sad we're in a place where someone can spend that amount of money seemingly on a whim because he is annoyed at their moderation policies.

I suggest we preemptively ban Elon Musk from here and await the ££££.

Pierre 26-04-2022 07:34

Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 Billion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 36120127)
It's rather sad we're in a place where someone can spend that amount of money seemingly on a whim because he is annoyed at their moderation policies.

Thereís a bit more to it than that, but I take your point

Maggy 26-04-2022 08:11

Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 Billion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36120123)
He's welcome to it.

:tu:

peanut 26-04-2022 08:23

Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 Billion
 
Someone done a visual representative of wealth in rice. With 1 grain of rice = $100,000 Elon's wealth would be over 50kgs of rice. Mind boggling to say the least.

ianch99 26-04-2022 09:39

Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 Billion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 36120132)
Someone done a visual representative of wealth in rice. With 1 grain of rice = $100,000 Elon's wealth would be over 50kgs of rice. Mind boggling to say the least.

The most mind boggling thing of all is that so many people see no problem with this.

Damien 26-04-2022 09:50

Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 Billion
 
His statement said something about verifying humans which suggests an account would be linked to a person. Might cut down on trolling and be a good solution to the moderation issue. Yes, you have better 'free speech' but you'll also have less protection against consequences for it.

Carth 26-04-2022 10:04

Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 Billion
 
Does this mean that 50% of twitter accounts would disappear as they're bots?

Pierre 26-04-2022 10:05

Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 Billion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 36120134)
The most mind boggling thing of all is that so many people see no problem with this.

What's the problem.

Twitter in it's current form banned the POTUS, Buried the Hunter Biden scandel, and summarily bans any discourse it disagrees with.

It will now just be owned by someone else with that power.

nomadking 26-04-2022 10:06

Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 Billion
 
So "better free speech" is to entail only opinions that are allowed without the risk of being "cancelled" in some way or another? Just because certain people don't like certain opinions/facts, doesn't mean they aren't true.

Wealth can only be realised, if others have the money to exchange with you. Others will have to exchange the money with him, in order for him to exchange it with the Facebook shareholders, who can then spend or invest it.

Certain people would only seem to be happy if nobody created anything. The money for loans of whatever kind(government borrowing, mortgages, business loans, etc) can only happen with money from those with surplus money.

Damien 26-04-2022 10:39

Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter for $44 Billion
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36120138)
Does this mean that 50% of twitter accounts would disappear as they're bots?

Hopefully


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:33.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.