Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   VOD : Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709861)

buckeye 05-03-2021 22:25

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat
 
I'm starting this thread as the old Netflix/Streaming Services section has been closed.

I'm hoping we can use it to discuss the merits (or otherwise) of current or future streaming services as well as offers they may have and news that may be announced about them without an infinite looping argument developing about just how these services may or may not influence the future of human culture!

I shall start it off with a couple of offers I've seen today......

Starzplay are currently offering a deal of 6 months at 1:99 a month and Eurosport are offering a 12 month sub for 19:99.


I'd also be interested in Disney+ subscribers views about their new expanded service?
It wasn't for me before but how much has the new Star content added to it?

vincerooney 05-03-2021 23:10

Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat
 
Whats on starzplay? Anything good? I can't keep up with the content on all the different streaming sites

Legendkiller2k 05-03-2021 23:38

Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by vincerooney (Post 36073300)
Whats on starzplay? Anything good? I can't keep up with the content on all the different streaming sites

Quite a lot tbf The Spanish Princess, Pennyworth, Godfather of Harlem amongst loads of other stuff.

cupcakes aka dd 06-03-2021 12:24

Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat
 
Starzplay is like premium stuff. Pennyworth is great. A cross between James Bond, Peaky Blinders with loads of British Actors and Paloma Faith plays a great character.

1andrew1 06-03-2021 12:50

Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat
 
Deutsche Telekom in Germany had Disney+ at launch as an app in a similar way to Sky in the UK.

Sky in Germany will have the Disney+ app from this April. I think it's possible that VM in the UK could have the app too then, if the deals in Germany and the UK are similar.

Source: Buried within this news item
https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2021...ship-with-rtl/

SonicMaster 06-03-2021 14:53

Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 36073340)
Deutsche Telekom in Germany had Disney+ at launch as an app in a similar way to Sky in the UK.

Sky in Germany will have the Disney+ app from this April. I think it's possible that VM in the UK could have the app too then, if the deals in Germany and the UK are similar.

Source: Buried within this news item
https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2021...ship-with-rtl/

Fingers crossed!

denphone 08-03-2021 13:52

Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat
 
BritBox to launch on Amazon Prime Video channels.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2021...eid=3598503789

Quote:

BritBox UK is to join Amazon’s Prime Video Channels, as an add on subscription, starting in the spring.

The launch will make BritBox available on over 40 million devices, representing 90% of video-on-demand homes.


Mad Max 08-03-2021 14:21

Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd (Post 36073339)
Starzplay is like premium stuff. Pennyworth is great. A cross between James Bond, Peaky Blinders with loads of British Actors and Paloma Faith plays a great character.

That looks ok, but I don't see much else that appeals.

Mr K 08-03-2021 14:26

Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36073529)
BritBox to launch on Amazon Prime Video channels.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2021...eid=3598503789

It's the one streaming service I might be interested in but only if its free.

I only take Prime when they offer it free for a month. Its a price I like. They repeatedly keep giving it out in the hope you'll forget to cancel. I never forget about money ;)

denphone 08-03-2021 14:32

Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36073536)
It's the one streaming service I might be interested in but only if its free.

I only take Prime when they offer it free for a month. Its a price I like. They repeatedly keep giving it out in the hope you'll forget to cancel. I never forget about money ;)

You need to cut down on your exclusive foreign holidays. that way you might just be able to afford it.;)

Mr K 08-03-2021 14:44

Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36073540)
You need to cut down on your exclusive foreign holidays. that way you might just be able to afford it.;)

Oh I can afford it Den , I'm just a tightwad :)

nialli 08-03-2021 16:03

Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cupcakes aka dd (Post 36073339)
Starzplay is like premium stuff. Pennyworth is great. A cross between James Bond, Peaky Blinders with loads of British Actors and Paloma Faith plays a great character.

I signed up to Starzplay and have to say Castle Rock season one was absolutely first rate. We're now binging our way through The Act, then we'll go back to CR for season two and dig into three seasons of Mr Mercedes. Being a Stephen King fan I might try the new adaptation of The Stand but the reviews aren't great.
I'm impressed. It's certainly got more I'm into than Prime at the moment and is a steal at 1.99 a month.
One word of warning: if you sign up through Virgin, just be aware that it takes them a few hours to add it to your account - it's not "on demand" like other stuff in the Virgin Store but once you're in it plays faultlessly and the PQ is full HD.

Tricky Trevor 08-03-2021 16:17

Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36073529)
BritBox to launch on Amazon Prime Video channels.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2021...eid=3598503789



It would be nice if they have an introductary off for two or three months.

RichardCoulter 08-03-2021 18:07

Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36073529)
BritBox to launch on Amazon Prime Video channels.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2021...eid=3598503789

Can VM Amazon subscribers subscribe to these add on channels? If so, this makes the lack of Britbox on VM a bit less problematic.

OLD BOY 08-03-2021 18:44

Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36073557)
Can VM Amazon subscribers subscribe to these add on channels? If so, this makes the lack of Britbox on VM a bit less problematic.

The article is incorrect, I believe. You cannot get Prime video channels on Sky or VM. The 'channels' section is excluded, which I think is a pity, because the exclusion of apps such as Britbox, Apple +, Disney +, etc would not be an issue for VM viewers if we had the full 'channels' version.

If you want the full version of Prime, you need to view it through the Fire stick, Roku or some other additional box or stick.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:11.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.