Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   General IT Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Can somebody suggest a new printer? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709200)

MadGamer 05-07-2020 21:32

Can somebody suggest a new printer?

hey everybody,

Long time no see. Im looking for a new HP printer that the 301 cartridges are compatible with as i bought new ones yesterday, but my current printer has given up and they were quite expensive as they are the high yield cartridges

Thanks in advance for your help

Jimmy-J 06-07-2020 01:13

Re: Can somebody suggest a new printer?

Half way down the page from their site... >Link<

Compatible printers:

HP Deskjet 1000 Printer (CH340B)
HP Deskjet 1010 Printer (CX015B)
HP Deskjet 1050 All-in-One Printer (CH346B)
HP Deskjet 1050A All-in-One Printer (CQ198B)
HP Deskjet 1510 All-in-One Printer (B2L56B)
HP Deskjet 1512 All-in-One Printer (C5X26B)
HP Deskjet 1514 All-in-One Printer (C5X27B)
HP Deskjet 2050 All-in-One Printer (CH350B)
HP Deskjet 2050 Special Edition All-in-One Printer (CH355B)
HP Deskjet 2050A All-in-One Printer (CQ199B)

pip08456 06-07-2020 03:29

I'm quite happy with my old (over 10yrs) Epson Stylus Photo R300 and still going strong on a CISS and external waste tank.

Maggy 06-07-2020 11:24

Get a Brother printer. Expensive cartridges but they hardly run out and I'd never ever go back to Epsons. I've not had to change the inks in 8/9 months.

peanut 06-07-2020 11:37

I just don't get on with printers. They die on me all too easily for some reason.

That said, as needs must I got one of those (quite cheap) HP 2600s, and signed up with their instant ink subscriptions (you get a few months free with it). It's not for everyone obviously, but for £1.99 a month for 50 pages worth with unused pages carried over the next month seems quite a cheap alternative way round things if you don't like paying for the ink.

But so far the printer has been excellent, so I have no problems in recommending it.

Chris 06-07-2020 11:41

We bought a Canon from their Pixma IP series some years ago and loved it so much, when the print head eventually wore out I scoured the internet until I found discontinued stock and bought another identical one ... also like Wayne I had ink cartridges I didn’t want to waste :D

The second one is still going strong but the missus’ job has changed and she is doing an absolute ton of home printing now, so when this one eventually wears out I think we’re going to go laser. Colour lasers are surprisingly affordable now, and I gave up printing out my digital photos about 15 years ago so I’m not bothered whether inkjet printers are better for photos.

SnoopZ 06-07-2020 12:05

The choice of title doesn't help, but hes looking specifically for an HP printer that takes their 301 type cartridge.

Maybe a mod can change it?

peanut 06-07-2020 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36042547)
The choice of title doesn't help, but hes looking specifically for an HP printer that takes their 301 type cartridge.

Maybe a mod can change it?

Really doesn't matter does it. If someone searches for suggestions for a new printer then they'll get some relevant information which could help more people than one person looking for a specific type of compatible ink cartridge. Why are you so bothered by it?

SnoopZ 06-07-2020 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 36042549)
Really doesn't matter does it. If someone searches for suggestions for a new printer then they'll get some relevant information which could help more people than one person looking for a specific type of compatible ink cartridge. Why are you so bothered by it?

I'm not bothered about it lol, i'm surprised you're having ago at me about it to be honest.

The OP was asking for an HP printer so i was just pointing it out to help the OP get what he needs.

peanut 06-07-2020 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36042551)
I'm not bothered about it lol, i'm surprised you're having ago at me about it to be honest.

The OP was asking for an HP printer so i was just pointing it out to help the OP get what he needs.

You contributed nothing to thread but want the title changed. Weird.

The OP has already been given all the info he needs anyway.

SnoopZ 06-07-2020 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 36042554)
You contributed nothing to thread but want the title changed. Weird.

The OP has already been given all the info he needs anyway.

Peanut i'm very surprised you're having ago at me for a completely normal post i made trying to help the OP get the answers he asked... :rolleyes:

I guess you got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning........ i'll get my coat :(

peanut 06-07-2020 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36042555)
Peanut i'm very surprised you're having ago at me for a completely normal post i made trying to help the OP get the answers he asked... :rolleyes:

I guess you got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning........ i'll get my coat :(

See post 2. What more info does the OP need.

My point is the title is more informative that of just a single response for the type of ink. The main OP has been answered from post 2, so why not contribute to a thread that is asking for suggests of a new printer. If people now search for suggestions they'll get relevant information based of their recommendations. I can't make it any clearer.

SnoopZ 06-07-2020 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 36042556)
See post 2. What more info does the OP need.

My point is the title is more informative that of just a single response for the type of ink. The main OP has been answered from post 2, so why not contribute to a thread that is asking for suggests of a new printer. If people now search for suggestions they'll get relevant information based of their recommendations. I can't make it any clearer.

Ok point taken, i didn't mean to annoy anyone. :D

Chris 06-07-2020 14:08

Wayne has his answer, now we’re all just blethering about printers. Everything is fine.