Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

Maggy 24-07-2014 10:51

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

15 mosquito bites so far.I'm pretty certain there are more but I can't reach those so I can't do anything to them..:(

Hugh 24-07-2014 11:30

Try citronella oil as a repellent, with daily piriton to minimise the reaction.

weenie 24-07-2014 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35717073)
15 mosquito bites so far.I'm pretty certain there are more but I can't reach those so I can't do anything to them..:(

:( Not good Maggy, I use Jungle Formula Maximum spray as well as the plug in also by Jungle Formula, but my sister swears by the skin so soft "original" by Avon. I also find eurax itch relief cream is very good.

Maggy 24-07-2014 12:42

I hate the smell of repellent..I just wish there was something similar to what vets give orally to cats to stop fleas but for mozzies instead.

Hom3r 24-07-2014 17:48

My dr's you cannot book appointments to see one now, they have to phone you back after surgery, which is anytime after 6 to see if you need to see him.

Qtx 24-07-2014 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35717112)
I hate the smell of repellent..I just wish there was something similar to what vets give orally to cats to stop fleas but for mozzies instead.

A mossy collar for humans would be no good as the mozzies would just go for your ankles instead...

MalteseFalcon 24-07-2014 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35717177)
My dr's you cannot book appointments to see one now, they have to phone you back after surgery, which is anytime after 6 to see if you need to see him.

A lot of places will be going like that, GP's seem to be leaving/retiring at a remarkable pace. My surgery, the senior partner and his wife retired in January, March the next one down retired and now the senior partner is a 40 odd year old woman with at least 2 kids. Wonder how long before she retires?

Not meaning to come across as a MCP, just stating the facts at my surgery.

Osem 24-07-2014 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35715572)
l have had a phone call from my partner about a hour and half ago and thank god she is alright as she was driving away from our surgery and one of our car tyres has become badly damaged through something on the road but thankfully she was able to get the car in to park and called out the breakdown recovery service who has fitted the spare tyre on for now until we get a new one in the next couple of days.

Glad she's fine Den. As you say, tyres can be replaced, our loved ones can't. :tu:

Maggy 24-07-2014 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qtx (Post 35717181)
A mossy collar for humans would be no good as the mozzies would just go for your ankles instead...

Taken orally..then the mozzies DIE

Uncle Peter 25-07-2014 13:21

Stuck in Brum on a Friday. What delights will the M6 hold later I wonder

Qtx 25-07-2014 16:13

When you make the effort to clean something properly but end up removing the crud that was actually holding it together.

Edit: and getting superglue on your fingers xD

Pauls9 25-07-2014 16:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qtx (Post 35717416)
When you make the effort to clean something properly but end up removing the crud that was actually holding it together.

Oops - like the time I used a powerful cleaner in the central heating, which removed the crud sealing the pump's isolating valve shafts - had hot acid running down the walls. :Yikes:

weenie 26-07-2014 23:46

Just sat down to watch the Judo that I thought I had recorded only to discover that I recorded badminton instead :( hate when that happens ... total bummer and I was so looking forward to it as well.

weenie 29-07-2014 16:38

After nearly 25 years of really having nothing to do with insurance companies I feel in the last few months that is all I have been doing making calls, receiving calls getting reports etc I did not realise how draining making a claim can be.

joglynne 29-07-2014 17:02

You will get it sorted weenie. Whilst everything gets processed it seems as though the hassles will never stop but it will. <hugs>

We have had three separate insurance claims going on for the last few months. The last one was settled last week after the intervention of the Ombudsman. Went to pay the cheque into the Bank this morning and I can't begin to describe the weight that has been lifted off our shoulders. I wait with anticipation to hear that you have reason to get that same feeling.