Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What are you eating now? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33652936)

heero_yuy 09-08-2022 18:17

Re: What are you eating now thread?

Duck burgers (Duck, Hoisin sauce and spring onions) Roasted parsnip, cherry tomatoes and courgette. Extra Hoisin sauce on the burger and Red's BBQ sauce on the courgettes.

heero_yuy 21-08-2022 15:10

Sainsbury's TTD salted caramel icecream. :drool::drool:

Mr K 21-08-2022 21:30

A tesco meal deal which includes flaccid lasagne, tasteless roast potatoes and something allegedly described as cheesecake. All washed down with some 'red wine' with the bouquet of WD40.Should have known better !

heero_yuy 31-08-2022 18:54

Ginsters Cheese and onion pasty. Potato waffle and baked beans.

Hugh 31-08-2022 19:07

Pea & asparagus risotto.

Halcyon 01-09-2022 09:53

Smoked Salmon sandwhich on seeded bread with home grown tomatoes, cucumber and a little mayo.

Hugh 01-09-2022 09:57

Granola, yoghurt, blueberries, strawberries, & banana.

heero_yuy 03-09-2022 17:52

Tikka lamb 1/4 lb burgers on toasted brioche rolls with mayo and BBQ sauce. Home made cole slaw and oven chips.

heero_yuy 09-09-2022 18:44

Ginsters limited edition 4 cheese and chive slices. Potato waffles and baked beans.

Halcyon 12-09-2022 10:02

Beef satay with Egg Fried Rice at the weekend. Yum!

Hugh 12-09-2022 10:05

Granola with yoghurt, strawberries, & banana.

tweetiepooh 12-09-2022 10:44

Yesterday was my wife's birthday so I did the cooking. Lunch was just some fishy things, rollmops, calamari, pickled anchovies plus bread, olives, dried tomatoes.

In the evening I did lamb. I got a half shoulder from Beechcroft (local farm shop), with the fillet attached. I took the fillet off, seasoned with salt, olive oil and marjoram and put aside.
I seasoned the shoulder with baharat and salt, left to get to room temperature while fire got going and in this time I made a white bean casserole in a roasting tin, tomatoes, apricot harissa paste from Waitrose, African spices. I put the tin on the fire tray opposite the coals and then the shoulder above that and slow cooked with whiskey barrel smoke for a few hours, then wrapped meat in foil for another hour or so. Stirring the casserole and adding a little bit of water as needed. I also added some honey as it needed a bit of sweetness.

While the meat was resting I cooked the fillet over direct heat, I then wrapped that in foil to rest while I cooked some halloumi and warmed some lavash bread.
The shoulder was shredded and mixed with pomegranate, the fillet carved into thick slices still nice and pink.
Lamb cooked two ways, white bean casserole and lavash bread with a bit of halloumi. All on the braai, just one pan.

heero_yuy 17-09-2022 18:17

Young's wholetail scampi. Oven chips and peas. Tartare sauce and ketchup.

Mr K 18-09-2022 20:38

Ratatouille, followed by apple crumble.

Most ingredients, home grown. It's the future, forget over priced supermarkets.

Just need to buy a goat now ;)

papa smurf 19-09-2022 12:16

Homemade vegetable and lentil soup.