Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   General : Stargate SG-1 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=2705)

Atomic22 15-09-2003 19:40

Stargate SG-1

i read on a website that sg1 returns with a new series in september on sky1 and apparently daniel jackson is found alone on a deserted planet and has lost his memory and is no longer a "higher being".....
i hope they are not trying to turn this superb series into a farce by bringing "dead" actors back to life...
they already brought apophis back a few times in past series.
its still the best sci fi series around though....
mind you i did like dark skies but no one else seemed to.

homealone 15-09-2003 19:56

Quote:

Originally posted by Atomic22
i read on a website that sg1 returns with a new series in september on sky1 and apparently daniel jackson is found alone on a deserted planet and has lost his memory and is no longer a "higher being".....
i hope they are not trying to turn this superb series into a farce by bringing "dead" actors back to life...

29th September, Sky 1, 20:00hrs according to Digiguide - & the storyline is as you say...

Never saw Dark Skies, but Dead Like Me starting Friday, Sky 1, looks interesting?

p.s. Christopher Judge is in tonights Andromeda

Defiant 15-09-2003 20:04

Yep its good they find an alien spaceship on the first episode thats full of sleeping aliens :)

Atomic22 15-09-2003 20:23

oh ive also just read that series 8 of sg1has been given the go ahead yet they reckon the last 2 episodes of series 7 constitutes the film they were going to make ........hmmmm

Lord Nikon 15-09-2003 20:30

season 3 of enterprise goes to air in the US on sept 29th

Defiant 15-09-2003 20:47

First episode has already been screened

Chris 15-09-2003 21:03

Quote:

Nope, Michael Shanks (Daniel Jackson) has always said he wants to continue to be in SG-1 provided there were decent storylines for his character. He bowed out the last series, apart from a couple of guest slots, as he didn't feel he was getting this from the show's producers.

However, the show was dropped by its network at the end of the last series and it is now on Sci-Fi in the US. They have agreed to get some decent character development going for Dr Jackson, hence Michael Shanks is back on board.

PS - watched every episode of Dark Skies and loved it ... but not half as much as reading websites by some deranged nuts who thought the fact it got canned after on series was due to some alien conspiracy...

Jerrek 16-09-2003 05:42

Whaa? You haven't seen season 7 yet? Yes, in season 7 Daniel Jackson is found and he returns to the series. The series goes back to normal then, like the previous seasons. :) In fact, after seeing the first 11 epsides of season 7, I am thinking this is a great season. I'm anxiously waiting for the 12th episode.

Season 7 episodes:

1, 2: Daniel is found
3, 5: GREAT episodes
6, 8: a bit weird... doesn't feel very Stargatish.

Now episode 11 is the mid series episode... Part 1 of 2. That annoys me, because they wait a few weeks before they air the second part, and I'm rather anxious for it right now.

Here are the titles:

7-1 Fallen (1)
7-2 Homecoming (2)
7-3 Fragile Balance
7-4 Orpheus
7-5 Revisions
7-6 Lifeboat
7-7 Enemy Mine
7-8 Space Race
7-9 Avenger 2.0
7-10 Birthright
7-11 Evolution (1)

Um no, I hate to break it to you, but the season 3 premiere aired last week on Wednesday. This week Wednesday night we will see season 3, episode 2. I can't wait.

On a different note, Andromeda season 4 starts end of this month. W00t, so many series to watch.

aliferste 16-09-2003 06:57

Ive just watched the whole lot......downlaoded them all and had a Stargate day............very good series although NOT heavy at all...all very lighthearted!!! Its more about character development for them all more than anything.

Dark Skies was great :)

Xaccers 16-09-2003 07:37

Now why couldn't Sci-Fi taken over Firefly? :(

Dark Skies was good, especially the last episode with 7of9 wearing silky nightie pretending to be Nancy Reagan *drool*

homealone 16-09-2003 08:54

Quote:

On a different note, Andromeda season 4 starts end of this month. W00t, so many series to watch.
Series 3 finale last night, here. Nice to see Michael Shanks as a baddie:)

Lord Nikon 16-09-2003 12:06

Quote:

Originally posted by Jerrek
[B]

Um no, I hate to break it to you, but the season 3 premiere aired last week on Wednesday. This week Wednesday night we will see season 3, episode 2. I can't wait.

a topless t'pol

let that be the shape of things to come :D

And I won't post a spoiler before wednesday then :D

Defiant pointed out to me that the season had started, so I am caught up now lol

Atomic22 16-09-2003 18:58

Quote:

Originally posted by towny

PS - watched every episode of Dark Skies and loved it ... but not half as much as reading websites by some deranged nuts who thought the fact it got canned after on series was due to some alien conspiracy...

the geezer that played the top banana who knew everything about the aliens and the missions etc died just as they were about to start filming so they scrapped it. i can tremember his name but hes been in hundreds of films and series

Defiant 16-09-2003 19:04

Quote:

the geezer that played the top banana who knew everything about the aliens and the missions etc died just as they were about to start filming so they scrapped it. i can tremember his name but hes been in hundreds of films and series
Been a long time since I seen it but do you mean this guy

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

Chris 16-09-2003 19:08

Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant
Been a long time since I seen it but do you mean this guy

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

That looks like him ... perhaps we should add his 'mysterious' death to the conspiracy theories thread? :D