Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tivo V6 : Youtube V6 App screen blank for video playback (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710328)

cheekyangus 22-08-2021 13:24

Youtube V6 App screen blank for video playback

Today the YouTube app on our V6 has blank screen for video playback. Anyone else with this?

It's not just one video, it's doing it on the ads too, the interface is showing but not the picture.

There's too much live programming and recording happening today to allow me to reboot the before anyone suggests it.

I've resorted to the Roku version of the app in the meantime.

A tooltip came up at one point to inform about new features, so it's possible there's been an app update amd this is responsible. The app has been fine for last 3 consecutive days of extensive use.

Taf 22-08-2021 13:53

Re: Youtube V6 App screen blank for video playback

I turned on the V6 yesterday to be met with a red screen. 3 power cycles before it returned to normal.

spiderplant 22-08-2021 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36090565)
Today the YouTube app on our V6 has blank screen for video playback. Anyone else with this?

It's working OK for me. Try reseating the HDMI lead. If that doesn't fix it, you will need to reboot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 36090568)
I turned on the V6 yesterday to be met with a red screen. 3 power cycles before it returned to normal.

Which red screen? But none of them are good news. I suspect your box doesn't have long left.

cheekyangus 22-08-2021 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36090579)
It's working OK for me. Try reseating the HDMI lead. If that doesn't fix it, you will need to reboot.

I'm surprised the HDMI lead could only be affecting one thing, TV channels work fine, as do other apps like Netflix.

Thanks.

spiderplant 22-08-2021 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36090591)
I'm surprised the HDMI lead could only be affecting one thing, TV channels work fine, as do other apps like Netflix

It can, but that isn't why I suggested it. Reseating the cable will reset the video hardware without needing to reboot.

Taf 22-08-2021 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36090579)
Which red screen? But none of them are good news. I suspect your box doesn't have long left.

It was the normal "waking up" screen, but all red, like when a CRT loses the 2 other rasters.

Flipping back to terrestrial TV showed it wasn't the TV itself.

spiderplant 22-08-2021 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 36090596)
It was the normal "waking up" screen, but all red, like when a CRT loses the 2 other rasters.

Ah ok. That's not so bad. See how it goes. (There are some all-red error message screens that tend to be serious. I thought you had one of those)

cheekyangus 22-08-2021 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36090594)
It can, but that isn't why I suggested it. Reseating the cable will reset the video hardware without needing to reboot.

Is "reseating" it pulling it entirely out, or just a bit of moving in place?

I'm thinking the latter as I think you wouldn't have used the term otherwise.

And at which end? The box side, the TV side, or both?

spiderplant 22-08-2021 22:17

Pull out a plug completely, push it back in again. Doesn't matter which end - whichever is easiest to get to.

Mad Max 08-09-2021 19:52

I'm not able to access the Prime app or the BBC iPlayer app, when I choose one of them I only get a blank screen.

OLD BOY 08-09-2021 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Max (Post 36092483)
I'm not able to access the Prime app or the BBC iPlayer app, when I choose one of them I only get a blank screen.

Presumably, you’ve tried a re-boot, Max?

spiderplant 08-09-2021 20:03

And reboot your Hub

Mad Max 08-09-2021 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36092484)
Presumably, you’ve tried a re-boot, Max?

Not recently, OB, but will give that a go first, thx.

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:26 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 36092486)
And reboot your Hub

Will do, thx.