Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Sky One to close (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710262)

murfitUK 28-07-2021 19:46

Sky One to close

Sky have announced that Sky One will close in September, to be replaced with two channels Showcase and Max.

Personally I don't really watch much on Sky One (only Macgyver and SWAT at present).
Wonder if Max will become an additional paid-for channel on VM like Atlantic is?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-channel.html

BenMcr 28-07-2021 20:23

Re: Sky One to close

Nope

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...&postcount=977

Paul 28-07-2021 22:42

Quote:

To help customers easily find programmes that they love and to discover new shows, we’re making some changes to our portfolio of TV channels and on demand destinations.
What complete bull. :dozey:

Sky One has existed for 30+ years, I think people can easily find their programmes. :rolleyes:

I havent watched anything on Sky for years, but I still have it listed in Digiguide - its not exactly hard to find anything. :sleep:
Im sure people can use similar systems if they dont have DG.

Jaymoss 28-07-2021 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36087770)
What complete bull. :dozey:

Sky One has existed for 30+ years, I think people can easily find their programmes. :rolleyes:

I havent watched anything on Sky for years, but I still have it listed in Digiguide - its not exactly hard to find anything. :sleep:
Im sure people can use similar systems if they dont have DG.

thought oh digiguide not heard of that so had a look and it costs, think I will stick with pog :) ( I am one of those other people hehehe )

Hom3r 13-08-2021 11:41

Well I'm currently watching Supergirl, Legend of Tomorrow and Prodigal Son.

If I lose these I'd be royally peed.

---------- Post added at 11:41 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

Then there are the NCIS series.

SnoopZ 13-08-2021 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36089667)

CinemaHD Android app is your friend.

Paul 13-08-2021 22:19

Quote:

If I understood it correctly, you wont, they will be on .. somewhere ...

OLD BOY 14-08-2021 10:24

These programmes will be on Sky Max, presumably.

cheekyangus 14-08-2021 11:03

Quote:

Supergirl is on its final season. Prodigal Son has been cancelled so that's the same. Once their current run is done there aren't any more to miss.

I can't find where I read it but I recall it saying the superhero series would be on Showcase. Until WB launches its streaming services in UK I don't think you (or I, I watch it too) have to worry about losing access to DC's Legends Of Tomorrow.

Sky Showcase and Max will be available on all platforms Sky1 is currently on, so you won't lose access to remainer of their runs, some of them may have ended before the change happens anyway (I watch neither Supergirl or PS so am not sure how far through they are).

As for NCIS, it will probably end up on one of the other channels that currently show the franchise. 5USA would be my 1st guess given they have a parent company in common. Sky Max would be my 2nd guess as I think NCIS LA will move to that from Sky1.

TimeLord2018 14-08-2021 13:11

No the Superhero shows will be on Sky Max ,

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:10 ----------

It's the Simpsons that is staying on Sky Showcase.

Also I presume in future live football (like last night) will be on Sky Showcase with the Movies Sky One used to air on Sky Showcase aswell.

OLD BOY 14-08-2021 14:52

As I understand it, Sky Showcase is showing content taken from other Sky channels. The same principle as Sky Sports Main Event.

I didn’t think that anything on Sky Showcase would be exclusive to that channel, but maybe Sky is only loosely applying that principle.

I guess we’ll see when the listings are published.

cheekyangus 14-08-2021 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 (Post 36089779)
No the Superhero shows will be on Sky Max ,

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:10 ----------

It's the Simpsons that is staying on Sky Showcase.

Also I presume in future live football (like last night) will be on Sky Showcase with the Movies Sky One used to air on Sky Showcase aswell.

I'd read that about The Simpsons, I wonder what I read that I misunderstood about the Superhero shows.

Yeah, that was my interpretation about the likes of football and movies too.
Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36089784)
As I understand it, Sky Showcase is showing content taken from other Sky channels. The same principle as Sky Sports Main Event.

I didn’t think that anything on Sky Showcase would be exclusive to that channel, but maybe Sky is only loosely applying that principle.

I guess we’ll see when the listings are published.

Of the many things I read, and obviously subsequently partially misremembered, the bit that mentioned The Simpsons did so with the suggestion that shows whose future with Sky was uncertain and unlikely to continue, would be on Showcase, whilst the rest would be on Max, Max basically being Sky1 in all but name and EPG position.

Though I too understood it to be the equivalent of Main Event, the implementation can surely only be loose as whereas sport events are one-offs, Showcase will have episodes of Series. If they only ever had a schedule of Episode 1's, amongst the one-off sport and movies, then it's possible people would avoid the channel as they'd go straight to the other channel in question instead, as outside of sport and movies everyone who has one Sky Entertainment channel has them all (on Satellite at least) anyway. I could be wrong, maybe most people won't think like that.

I'm expecting whole series, but just their Series 1 as a taster to get you hooked. So maybe they'll show say Series 1 in the lead up to Series 4 starting on its relevant Sky channel, tell you that Series 2 and 3 are On-Demand in a Boxset and time it such, scheduling-wise, that you'll probably have finished those by Series 4 starting on the relevant Sky channel.

Like you say, we'll soon say. Listings are normally a few weeks ahead so we'll likely find out early this week.

TimeLord2018 14-08-2021 17:37

RE: Prodigal Son last episode (I don't watch it either) is the day Sky One basically becomes Sky Max unlike Lucifer I don't see that show being revived.

Not sure about the whole series but Code 404 is on both Sky Showcase and Sky Comedy at the same time on 1st of September.

OLD BOY 15-08-2021 10:09

Some information on the listings here:

https://www.mediamole.co.uk/entertai...se_459089.html

cheekyangus 15-08-2021 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36089809)
Some information on the listings here:

https://www.mediamole.co.uk/entertai...se_459089.html

Thanks OB.

A lot of Sky Max simulcasting there. :erm: