Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=14837)

Munkeh 14-07-2004 22:02

Re: CF receive broadband speed upgrade Dates

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil
I think the upgrade only applies to residential customers.

Business customers will hopefully get their upgrade the week before the residential customers, all being well and good :D

kronas 14-07-2004 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munkeh
Business customers will hopefully get their upgrade the week before the residential customers, all being well and good :D

lucky ******* :mad: :Peace: :p: :D

Munkeh 14-07-2004 22:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by kronas
it depends really, the rollout may occour in most areas, with some left until later... it depends on the maintainence windows, i guess we will have to keep an eye out on the service status :)

Should take about 5 days.

kronas 14-07-2004 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munkeh
Should take about 5 days.

*ponders if his area will be one of the first. :p:

Stop It 14-07-2004 22:11

Oh My god, A date, and note, it isnt late summer well, nearly mid summer, ish (dont hit me with that) (apart from unlucky STB 1Meg'ers) WOOHOO! :D

Salu 14-07-2004 23:13

I'd rather have a cheaper 1mb with 256 upload than 1.5MB at £38.

kronas 15-07-2004 00:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Salu
I'd rather have a cheaper 1mb with 256 upload than 1.5MB at £38.

cant please everyone, the price increase was proberbly a con anyway.

carlingman 15-07-2004 00:50

Ah i bet there this is a get of jail card in here somewhere.

Like the 1st August 200?

No we really meant 2005 etc.

:D

Psychotext 15-07-2004 14:01

Time to downgrade to the 600k service. I am not happy about those dates. First they make 1mb users pay more then they make them wait another month over the 600k users for the speed bump.

Bad show NTL! :mad:

quadplay 15-07-2004 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychotext
Time to downgrade to the 600k service. I am not happy about those dates. First they make 1mb users pay more then they make them wait another month over the 600k users for the speed bump.

Bad show NTL! :mad:

Read the story again. The delay in 1Mb upgrades is only for STB users, and it's because STBs have to be replaced to a newer model if they are to handle 1.5Mb. SACM users will all be upgraded at the same time, whatever their current service level (depending on area). Being in Cardiff, you're using a SACM, and so (assuming the details in the news story are correct) will be upgraded at the same time as everyone else in your area.

Psychotext 15-07-2004 16:02

Doh... that's what I get for just skimming the story. Thanks for the clarification. * slaps forehead *

madcap 15-07-2004 20:33

bah! i gotta wait an extra month for my STB speed upgrade and on that note I havn't actually heard from CS yet to arrange a date for my new box. (got the letter bout 3-4 weeks ago)

grindkid25 16-07-2004 11:49

and only about 2 and a half weeks to wait :)

trebor 16-07-2004 12:41

good news, but I will still wait for it to happen before I get excited, this is NTL we're talking about ;)

can somebody refresh my memory as to why the 600k service isn't having a 50% increase? I can see it spaces the tiers evenly but it doesn't seem very fair unless there is a price cut due, to compensate, which I doubt.

orangebird 16-07-2004 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor
good news, but I will still wait for it to happen before I get excited, this is NTL we're talking about ;)

can somebody refresh my memory as to why the 600k service isn't having a 50% increase? I can see it spaces the tiers evenly but it doesn't seem very fair unless there is a price cut due, to compensate, which I doubt.

You're getting a 25% increase for nothing - and your tier wasn't previously affected by the price rises either - pray tell, what is not 'fair' about that?? :shrug: