Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Solo: A Star Wars Story (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705532)

denphone 17-10-2017 18:06

Solo: A Star Wars Story

In a surprise announcement today, director Ron Howard revealed the official name of the untitled Han Solo film: Solo: A Star Wars Story.

http://www.starwars.com/news/officia...-film-revealed

admars 17-10-2017 18:17

Re: Solo: A Star Wars Story

thanks, but once again they miss a trick don't they...

Quote:

Solo: A Star Wars Story, set prior to the events of the original Star Wars trilogy, is slated for release on May 25, 2018.

Paul 17-10-2017 21:13

Umm, what trick have they missed :confused:

denphone 17-10-2017 21:25

Perhaps he thinks it should be released for the Christmas market.

admars 18-10-2017 08:37

releasing in May, but missing the 4th.

denphone 18-10-2017 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by admars (Post 35920622)
releasing in May, but missing the 4th.

Are you talking about independence day as that is on the 4th of July.:)

Maggy 18-10-2017 10:34

May the 4th be with you....

Paul 18-10-2017 14:32

They are actually following the original tradition.
Prior to the December releases of the latest trilogy, they were all released in the second half of May.

It will be interesting to see the first one directed by "Richie".

General Maximus 18-10-2017 17:30

what would be nice and gain some fan appreciation is if they stick to that naming format now going forward for all standalone spin-offs; NAME: A Star Wars Story.

They are making another one about Boba Fett or Jango (can't remember which one) so now that should be called something like The Bounty Hunter Tales: A Star Wars Story.

Anonymouse 27-12-2017 18:36

It'd have to be about Boba; you might recall the brief...discussion...Jango had with Mace Windu. Jango quite lost his head during their spirited discourse. :p:

An important lesson: don't mess with a Korun Master Jedi with an ultra-cool violet lightsabre (unless you're a low-down deceiver like Darth Vader, that is!).

As for Solo: I'm looking forward to it. I'd like to see:
How Han won the Falcon from Lando;
How he and Chewie got to be such good friends (maybe Han rescued Chewie from an Imperial work gang? A number of novels have portrayed enslaved Wookies helping to build the Death Star);
How Han set the Kessel Run speed record;
And, of course, his "outrunning Imperial starships...not the local bulk cruisers, mind you, I'm talkin' about the big Corellian ships now".

General Maximus 17-01-2018 18:43

Quote:

The official synopsis for Solo: A Star Wars Story was revealed today, offering some new details on the upcoming film. Read it below:

Board the Millennium Falcon and journey to a galaxy far, far away in Solo: A Star Wars Story, an all-new adventure with the most beloved scoundrel in the galaxy. Through a series of daring escapades deep within a dark and dangerous criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his mighty future copilot Chewbacca and encounters the notorious gambler Lando Calrissian, in a journey that will set the course of one of the Star Wars saga’s most unlikely heroes.

Stephen 17-01-2018 18:47

So guessing that synopsis was just badly written as we all know he won the Falcon off Lando at somepoint in their past.

General Maximus 17-01-2018 19:01

yeah, we'll see what happens. It will be interesting to see how they are going to play it. I know they were behind schedule in production but I would have thought they would want to get a trailer or at least a teaser out now to start drumming up some excitement. They might be leaving it till after Black Panther but going by that logic they'll still be encroaching on Infinity War.

Damien 18-01-2018 12:30

It will be interesting to see if Ron Howard has managed to save the film. The whole production seemed to be in crisis before the director was changed it seemed.

General Maximus 19-01-2018 18:47

yup, I know a lot of people till think it is going to be pants but I am going to give it a chance because I think Ron Howard is ace. The funny thing is that I think I read somewhere last week that John Williams is doing the score as well. If so, that tells you something was definitely wrong and Lucasfilm/Disney are doing everything they can to fix it and pull the core fans back.