Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Issue with EPG on Sky Q and Spotify (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709243)

telegramsam 24-07-2020 22:06

Issue with EPG on Sky Q and Spotify

Hi anyone else having issues with EPG and Spotify on their sky Q box? The issue with the EPG is mainly on ITV. Tonight and on other occasions there was no listings available from 7pm and programs supposed to record, Corrie and Vera didn't record. With Spotify I find when listening to an album after about 15 minutes in I get no sound. The progress bar moves as if it's playing but get silence. Anyone got any suggestions as to what the issue is? I've done the usual thing,i.e reboot everything but still get the issue. The only thought I have is the internet is poor. I can't get fibre where I am unfortunately.

ozsat 03-08-2020 14:05

Re: Issue with EPG on Sky Q and Spotify

Spotify has never worked correctly on SkyQ - audio drop-outs were common.
With the new update the drop-outs stopped but I too now suddenly get no audio.
Sky have acknowledged they are aware of outstanding issues.

telegramsam 03-08-2020 16:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 36045525)
Spotify has never worked correctly on SkyQ - audio drop-outs were common.
With the new update the drop-outs stopped but I too now suddenly get no audio.
Sky have acknowledged they are aware of outstanding issues.

Thanks for your reply and for clearing up a few points for me. I was beginning to think it was just my sky box at fault.

telegramsam 31-01-2021 20:13

Anyone else having issues with the EPG on Sky box? ITV is missing schedules on a regular basis and consequently programs aren't being recorded. ITV 1 hd is the worst one . 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' for instance is missing tonight. I'm having to record from SD!

GrimUpNorth 01-02-2021 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by telegramsam (Post 36068891)
Anyone else having issues with the EPG on Sky box? ITV is missing schedules on a regular basis and consequently programs aren't being recorded. ITV 1 hd is the worst one . 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' for instance is missing tonight. I'm having to record from SD!

You're not alone, 103 is bad for it but also happens on many other channels too. Seems to happen every few days for a couple of weeks then nothing for a few months - very strange. Only thing I've found to cure it is a reboot of the main box.

telegramsam 01-02-2021 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36068944)
You're not alone, 103 is bad for it but also happens on many other channels too. Seems to happen every few days for a couple of weeks then nothing for a few months - very strange. Only thing I've found to cure it is a reboot of the main box.

Ok will try reboot of main box.