Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   HD : June charge for BT Sports for paused subscribers. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33709091)

RichardCoulter 03-06-2020 20:06

June charge for BT Sports for paused subscribers.

Re: BT Sports charge on VM for those who had their subscriptions paused.

I've just watched this evening's One Show and am confused. About six minutes before the end, they said that Virgin Media customers will not be charged for the sports channels from 19/6/20. They then went on to say that those who received BT Sport needed to make contact before 16/6/20 to receive a 50% credit.

All prices will revert to normal from July.

Do those of us who get BT Sport via VM need to make contact? Will it be free, or 50% off?

Thanks.

spiderplant 03-06-2020 21:29

Re: June charge for BT Sports for paused subscribers.

There's some updated info at www.virginmedia.com/pausesports. Customers who have paused subscriptions will start receiving personalised emails from this Friday explaining when their charging will resume. and any pro-rated charges or criedts that will be applied (it varies depending on your billing date and which channels you subscribe to).

But in short, no you don't need to contact VM.

Edit: I've just watched The One Show. That reference to applying for a 50% discount was for BT customers, not Sky or VM ones.

RichardCoulter 04-06-2020 10:22

Many thanks SP.

Mad Max 04-06-2020 15:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 36038234)
Re: BT Sports charge on VM for those who had their subscriptions paused.

I've just watched this evening's One Show and am confused. About six minutes before the end, they said that Virgin Media customers will not be charged for the sports channels from 19/6/20. They then went on to say that those who received BT Sport needed to make contact before 16/6/20 to receive a 50% credit.

All prices will revert to normal from July.

Do those of us who get BT Sport via VM need to make contact? Will it be free, or 50% off?

Thanks.

I'd be confused as well watching that garbage.......:D;)

1701-e 05-06-2020 19:26

VM email received this evening

Hello
Now that live sports are kicking off again, your subscription is too. So, the credit on your most recent bill will be the last credit you receive, as we resume BT Sport coverage from 19th June 2020.

Your next bill will show your usual charge for your BT Sport subscription, with no credit applied. You’ll pay for BT Sport at the same price you were paying before the pause (unless you had a discount that’s since ended).

You don’t need to do anything – just tune in for the action. But if you’d like to know more, just click here.

Here's to getting back in the game.
Take care,
The Virgin Media team

Paul 05-06-2020 19:31

Sky are doing the same, my Sky Sports stops being free from June 19th.

Raider999 05-06-2020 20:25

Only fair I suppose - the only criticism being they didn't pause it automatically in March.

But cannot really complain - if you don't want it because of lack of atmosphere etc then cancel.