Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Tezcatlipoca 24-06-2007 03:16

re: Rate the last movie you saw

Hot Fuzz

(late showing at the "Cambridge Picture House")

By the Power of Greyskull! :D

Excellent

9/10

Great cast too...some familiar people (Timothy "Bond / Prince Barin" Dalton, Bill Nighy, Jim Broadbent, Bill Bailey, Steve Coogan, etc.), plus also "Sophie" from Peep Show & some randoms like Adam from the Adam & Joe Show, & the guy who played "Simon Quinlank" (& more) from Lee & Herring.

Sirpingalot 24-06-2007 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 34335053)
Hot Fuzz

(late showing at the "Cambridge Picture House")

By the Power of Greyskull! :D

Excellent

9/10

Great cast too...some familiar people (Timothy "Bond / Prince Barin" Dalton, Bill Nighy, Jim Broadbent, Bill Bailey, Steve Coogan, etc.), plus also "Sophie" from Peep Show & some randoms like Adam from the Adam & Joe Show, & the guy who played "Simon Quinlank" (& more) from Lee & Herring.

Can't agree more. Hot Fuzz was a fantastic film. Was funny too;)

TheBlueRaja 25-06-2007 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirpingalot (Post 34333835)
Did you watch it all the way through? It turns out well. I also approve of this film. 8/10 from me too.

Yeah, but it was still quite a sad movie... Worthy, but sad..

Anyhoo - Oceans 13.

Great Sunday night cinema material - couldn't fault it, funny, entertaining and put a smile on my face. A 9/10

Somebody told me that in all 3 movies, in every scene Brad Pitt is either eating or drinking, i cant comment on one or two as i wasnt looking for it but in 13 he is.. Why??? :D

xpod 25-06-2007 13:28

I watched 28 Days Later on TV last night for the first time,the wife run off to bed as the machettes came out and arms came off but regardless of that i actually enjoyed the movie.....albeit on me own:erm:
I think it`s the first time i`ve seen a zombie like film where the bloody zombies could run as fast as the un-affected though.:shocked:

I had to drag myself out of bed at 4 for work this morning and driving through London was a just wee bit earie to say the least.

Going to watch 28 weeks later ...later.

Stuart 25-06-2007 13:39

Well, I watched the original Japanese "The Ring" last night. Excellent film. Well acted (although the leading lady seemed to be scared the whole time, I think this was deliberate). I didn't think it was that scary until I heard something move in the house (something fell over outside my room), and then I almost.. Well, what I almost did would be blocked by the swear filter if I typed it.

9/10.

Pierre 26-06-2007 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpod (Post 34336214)
I watched 28 Days Later on TV last night for the first time,the wife run off to bed as the machettes came out and arms came off but regardless of that i actually enjoyed the movie.....albeit on me own:erm:
I think it`s the first time i`ve seen a zombie like film where the bloody zombies could run as fast as the un-affected though.:shocked:

I had to drag myself out of bed at 4 for work this morning and driving through London was a just wee bit earie to say the least.

Going to watch 28 weeks later ...later.

Get hold of a copy of the the remake of Dawn of the Dead, immeasurably superior film also with "fast" zombies.

Xaccers 29-06-2007 16:13

Last king of scotland 2/10
Really dull. "In my country" and "Blood diamond" were both so much better for different reasons.
Really didn't care about the main charactor. Forest Whitaker really needs to get his eyelids sorted out.
The only interesting bit for me was the Israeli hostages and that was only because it reminded me of Raid on Entebbe with Charles Bronson (6/10)

Confetti 6/10
Actually not bad, there was nothing else to watch so gave it a go. The wedding organisers are fantastic, and there are a few funnny moments.
Definitely a veg out movie if there's nothing better on, and the end is good.

Jules 29-06-2007 17:01

Going to see Shrek 3 tonight

paulius55 29-06-2007 18:40

Hot Fuzz. 8/10

alferret 29-06-2007 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulius55 (Post 34339737)
Hot Fuzz. 8/10

Watched that this afternoon, i'll give it an 8/10 too.

Not as funny as I was led to believe but great never the less.

Angua 29-06-2007 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by alferret (Post 34339919)
Watched that this afternoon, i'll give it an 8/10 too.

Not as funny as I was led to believe but great never the less.

Typically British humour, very funny :rofl: 9/10

Tezcatlipoca 29-06-2007 23:55

The Matrix (HD DVD)

Been a few years since I last watched The Matrix.

Still awesome :D

9.5/10

I'll be watching Reloaded & Revolutions over the weekend... I'm hoping they're not actually as bad as I remember....

ZrByte 30-06-2007 01:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules (Post 34339663)
Going to see Shrek 3 tonight

Went to see that myself too, Was very good, found myself constantly laughing (even if it wasnt exactly belly laughter). Though I still think Shrek 2 was better. 8/10.

Jules 01-07-2007 01:57

I would also give it 8/10 I thought the second one was a bit of a let down but Shrek 3 was good :tu:

xpod 01-07-2007 11:52

Quote:

Get hold of a copy of the the remake of Dawn of the Dead, immeasurably superior film also with "fast" zombies.
I`ll give it a wee look once my connection is capable of handling "fast" zombies again;)