Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

etccarmageddon 26-05-2006 17:02

re: Rate the last movie you saw

spot the person who was on BMI flight 751

---------- Post added at 17:02 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

I watched fun with dick/jane on that flight - mighty fine film.

TheBlueRaja 26-05-2006 22:12

Ray - Loooooooooong film, but some damn fine tunes and a worthwhile no holds barred flick about the life of Ray Charles.

8/10

Tezcatlipoca 28-05-2006 00:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by liamboyle06
X-Men 3
Graphically this was a stunning movie, The Effects through out the show are nothing short of stunning.
I was left a bit disappointed with it though, Was not what I had imaging.
True the film was action after action, but I left the Cinema feeling " was that it?"
I personally feel the second film was a better story. This was a good film but for me was not long enough and did not close off any questions i might have had.
i would give it an 8/10.

I saw X3 tonight.

Very good, although not as good as no. 2.

Did you stay after the credits, for the (predictable IMO) post-credit-scene mentioned in some of the reviews?

bopdude 28-05-2006 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D
Quote:

Originally Posted by liamboyle06
X-Men 3
Graphically this was a stunning movie, The Effects through out the show are nothing short of stunning.
I was left a bit disappointed with it though, Was not what I had imaging.
True the film was action after action, but I left the Cinema feeling " was that it?"
I personally feel the second film was a better story. This was a good film but for me was not long enough and did not close off any questions i might have had.
i would give it an 8/10.

I saw X3 tonight.

Very good, although not as good as no. 2.

Did you stay after the credits, for the (predictable IMO) post-credit-scene mentioned in some of the reviews?

There is ? was ? oh crap, I'll have to watch the lot again :dozey: ;) just watched it now, very good from start to finish IMHO :tu:

bopdude 28-05-2006 09:32

i just watched my :erm: version, and there wasn't anything at the end :(

Dan_Sette 28-05-2006 09:42

Piierrepoint. The film about Albert Pierrepoint, Britains most prolific hangman. Currently on limited cinematic release around the country, but made by Channel Four for TV later this summer.

Brilliantly protrayed by Timothy Spall. A must watch film that doesn't judge the rights and wrongs of capital punishment, but explores the impact it had on one man's life who was the instrument of the state.

D

ZrByte 28-05-2006 16:40

I went to see X - 3 on wednesday at midnight (technically thursday). I really enjoyed the film but I did find it was lacking in something, I also didnt like the amount of changes they have made. It seemed to me like they where more interested in setting up something like a spinoff (X-Men evolution maybe), reminded me a bit of blade trinity in that respect. Though I have to say the special effects where amazing and Mystique as a human :D , she looks so hot as a brunette :drool:

Tezcatlipoca 28-05-2006 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by bopdude
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D

There is ? was ? oh crap, I'll have to watch the lot again :dozey: ;) just watched it now, very good from start to finish IMHO :tu:

Post credits scene....

Spoiler: 
After the end credits finish, there's a very brief scene in Moira McTaggert's lab on Muir Island (those who read the comics or saw the cartoon will know her). She's the woman from the scene earlier on, when Xavier was discussing Ethics to his class, & posed the question of e.g. would it be ethical to transfer the conciousness of a dying man into the brain of a man who was a veg - the man Moira was looking after in the brief video he showed the class. So, cue the post-credits scene...we see the veg man wake up, and - speaking with Xavier's voice - say something like "Hello, Moira". Shock, horror, Xavier isn't really dead..

I guessed they'd do something like as soon as Jean disintegrated him, seeing as how they'd forshadowed it with the Moira clip earlier on, & seeing as how, in the Marvel Universe, no one ever stays dead apart from Uncle Ben.

Anyway. I know they've said it's the "end of the trilogy", but I hope they make another. Still plenty of stuff to use for more movies. And even though
Spoiler: 
Scott & Jean are dead, Jean can surely come back again courtesy of the Phoenix Force, while we never actually saw Scott die, although if he is dead, it matters not as he's always been a crap character, in all X-Men versions. And I'm sure Magneto will be back, as the end scene before the credits shows that perhaps the "Cure" isn't so permanent after all.

I really want them to use the Sentinals in another movie, properly & not just in the Danger Room.

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

Quote:

i just watched my :erm: version, and there wasn't anything at the end :(

That's trouble with those, isn't it, the guy with the camcorder always leaves as soon as the credits roll ;)

Stephen 29-05-2006 01:11

Saw X3 today. Overall a good film but still not the same standard as the others due to the different Director. However as Singer has gone on to Superman that will be the BIG summer blockbuster of 2006!!

A bit about the after credits scene...
Spoiler: 
The man lying in the bed didn't wake up and talk to Moira as there were all the tubes and medical things. I presumed that as it was off screen Prof Xavier was communicating telepathically, which is why she looked so shocked.

etccarmageddon 11-06-2006 02:22

running scared (2006) - a truely excellent thriller especially because of the 15 min sub plot in the middle of the film after the lad gets into the back of a people carrier. cant say any more about it without spoiling it. if you liked pulp fiction I think you'll like this film. I loved it - brilliant script and twists.

Halcyon 11-06-2006 10:25

Watched "Crash" on DVD last night and thought it was a very good film indeed.
Really makes you think about how people are treated in society and how certain stereotypes are not neccesarily true. A very good film about life views and racism. 10/10

bopdude 29-06-2006 10:30

Just watched the new Jet Li film, Fearless, if you like martial arts films ( and I do ) it's very very good, good cinematography, fight scenes are fantasic and some of the scenery is outta this world.
Pity it's being billed as Jet Li's final film, don't know what that's about :(

ZrByte 29-06-2006 11:29

Quote:

Just watched the new Jet Li film, Fearless, if you like martial arts films ( and I do ) it's very very good, good cinematography, fight scenes are fantasic and some of the scenery is outta this world.
Pity it's being billed as Jet Li's final film, don't know what that's about :(

I've heard it something to do with his age, also like others (such as Jackie Chan) insurance companies wont touch them due to them doing thier own stunts.

Aragorn 29-06-2006 11:55

Watched a preview showing of Over The Hedge the other night.
Very funny film - up there with other Dreamworks cartoons (Shrek, Madagascar) - lots of good adult 'in jokes'. 8/10

bopdude 29-06-2006 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aragorn
Watched a preview showing of Over The Hedge the other night.
Very funny film - up there with other Dreamworks cartoons (Shrek, Madagascar) - lots of good adult 'in jokes'. 8/10

Oh yeah, watched it the other week on a :erm: early release, very good, as you say, the humour is up there with the best, just outta reach of the young 'uns but well within reach of us big 'uns :erm: :D