Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

etccarmageddon 14-02-2005 08:01

Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Quote:

Originally Posted by scastle
Christina Applegate (...Buffy the Vampire slayer in the movie on which the series was based)

nope it was Kristy in the movie:-

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103893

Stuart 14-02-2005 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
nope it was Kristy in the movie:-

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103893

My bad..

Mr_love_monkey 14-02-2005 09:17

Bet she's been kicking herself ever since she passed up on the series...

maxtoralias 14-02-2005 18:05

The Village - an appalling load of rubbish, poorly acted and an unconvincing and weak storyline . The highlights could have been compressed into 2 minutes. Fell asleep watching it!!

ZrByte 14-02-2005 18:39

Quote:

Anchorman

Brilliant. Will Ferrell has been excellent in all the films I have seen him in, and this one is no exception.

Christina Applegate (Kelly in Married with Children, and Buffy the Vampire slayer in the movie on which the series was based) is looking very hot in this movie, and is a good actress as well.

It being a film written by Will Ferrell, he gets most of the good lines, but Christina more than holds her own. Ben Stiller has a bit part in this movie and is also very good.

Dodgeball

Well, as with Ocean's 12, I quite like it, but it's not up to the standard of Ben Stiller's previous films. Still you do get to see Christine Taylor (Marcia Brady in "The Brady Bunch Movie") wearing a tight leather dress.. :drool:

Saw dodgeball in the cinema and quite enjoyed it myself. though I agree it certainly wasnt ben stillers best. i'd give it about 8/10
I watched anchorman after your shining review but I wasnt all that impressed, the end was good and there where lots of funny bits but they all seemed to happen at once leaving long periods of boredom. 7/10 becuase the funny bits where really funny wich made up for the other bits.

Tezcatlipoca 14-02-2005 19:40

Quote:

Ocean's 12 is perfectly watchable, but it looks like they have tried to work out what made the original successful, but totally c*cked it up. It seems like they are following a formula.

AFAIK, the original script for (what became) Ocean's 12 was actually intended as a "heist movie" for John Woo to direct. It fell through, & the script got bodged into being a sequel for Ocean's 11.

homealone 15-02-2005 00:32

I just bought 'Caligula' as part of a 'two for £10' deal at tesco - it was considered very risquÃÃâ€*’©, at the time ?

- the picture quality is crap, and the sound isn't much better, however there is Helen Mirren :naughty: :D

luckily 'Ghostbusters', the second disk, was worth the 'deal' alone :tu:

classic - 8/10 :)

- Caligula would be about a 4/10 :angel:

willie 15-02-2005 08:47

Not so much the last movie i saw but one that i have watched several times and more recently on Sunday.

Schindlers List.

Cannot really give it any marks out of ten as it goes way beyond this but if really pressed would give 10/10

dilli-theclaw 25-02-2005 18:29

Thunderbirds - 5/10.... Better than I expected. I did like the puppet hand hidden away near the end of the film.

Wing Commander - 6/10.... Not as bad as I expected, but the Kilrathi were a bit tame.

----------------

I'm about to sit and watch Garfield, wish me luck :)

Graham 25-02-2005 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
I'm about to sit and watch Garfield, wish me luck :)

No, but you have my sympathies.

I watched it over Xmas and thought it was dire.

Damien 25-02-2005 21:02

Anyone seen hotel Rwanda yet? I really want to see that

Mal 26-02-2005 23:11

I've just seen "Saw". Hmmm...It passed the time...that's all I can say about it... :shrug:

Cary Elwes' acting should get a golden raspberry for his performance.

Halcyon 27-02-2005 12:27

Watched Resident Evil 2 last night on DVD.
Thought it was really good.
Great effects, great storyline, true to the games.

Tezcatlipoca 27-02-2005 16:56

The Blues Brothers (Director's Cut)

Absolute classic :D

etccarmageddon 27-02-2005 17:22

spartan with Val Kilmer - a David Mamet thriller - excellent.