Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

sherer 17-01-2005 11:33

Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

saw Charlie's Angel's 2 the other day.. i know it's just meant to be the 3 women looking good but it was a load of rubbish.. asically it was just a copy of all The Matrix slow motion stuff with a few Guy Richie type camera angles \ moves thrown in as well..

all that against a CGI backdrop

SMHarman 17-01-2005 11:55

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind. Weird, ended up waiting for it to end. 4/10. I'm sure all the cast felt they were in it for oscars (that they did not get), way to artsy.

ikthius 17-01-2005 13:10

I watched Underworld for the first time last night, and I must say it was average if not crap.

everything was dark...Oh how typical for a vampire flick.. and I noticed that they tried a wee bit to copy thte matrix, with slow mo, jumps and the way she would walk off when she jumped from a great height , she put me in mind of Trinity.....

She was lovely though, stupid story line, with the war started by a vampire elder, only to finish with a vampire killing her elder..... she must have went off at the end for inter species sex after it.....

Enough alread with the matrix copying, the matrix done it, and done it well in the first film, ok in the second film, and badly in the third film.....

I would watch this agin, but I would not buy it.

6/10 for film
10/10 for Kate

ik

SOSAGES 17-01-2005 13:36

underworld 2
Quote:

What's it about? "The sequel to the $100 million worldwide hit, Underworld: Evolution continues the saga of war between the aristocratic Death Dealers and the barbaric Lycans (werewolves). The film traces the beginnings of the ancient feud between the two tribes as Selene (Kate Beckinsale), the beautiful vampire heroine, and Michael (Scott Speedman), the lycan hybrid, try to unlock the secrets of their bloodlines. The fast-paced, modern-day tale of deadly action, ruthless intrigue and forbidden love takes them into the battle to end all wars as the immortals must finally face their retribution

ikthius 17-01-2005 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOSAGES
underworld 2

worth a watch to see what happens.

ik

Sarah_77 20-01-2005 12:38

I watched Kill Bill last week , great film if not a bit blood thirsty !

Nugget 20-01-2005 13:56

We got a couple from the rental shop last night:

Catwoman ('cos Mrs Nug wanted to see it) - in all fairness, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. On the other hand, I thought it was going to be the worst film I'd ever seen, but The Cell still holds that title (just). I'll give it 2 / 10 (it gets an extra point for having the audacity to leave itself open for a sequel).

The other one was Walking Tall (The Rock / Johnny Knoxville) - alright if you want to watch The Rock being The Rock. However, it was also one of the shortest films ever (in fact, at 71 minutes, it only just qualified as a film and not a short), so it can have 7/10 for the action bits, but 4/10 for the running time.

iron25 20-01-2005 22:09

Watched The Aviator at the weekend and no doubt it's going to win several oscars but I can't see why. It was just boring, after 40 minutes I had given up with it and fast forwarded the last 30 minutes just to get it over with :erm: The problem with it, is it's over-rated and it just does not capture your attention. Long films need to get you immersed in them to keep you watching, like Shawshank Redemption & Saving Private Ryan. The Aviator just drags on :zzz:

I'm sure scorsese will win best director and best film, only because it's 'his' year rather than the film being any good :rolleyes:

Also, seen the first half of Million Dollar Baby and despite the adverts raving about it, it too is rather lame and nothing special.

jellybaby 20-01-2005 22:22

Just watched Meet The Fockers. Just as good as the first one (Meet The Parents, for those who don't know). 8/10 :)

Mal 21-01-2005 16:44

Just seen Elektra.

It just abouts gets into average. Though...Jennifer Garner does look very good in it ;) :D

SOSAGES 21-01-2005 16:52

scorsese has never won an oscar - lets hope he works harder on his next project was aviator as bad as gangs of new york?

Tezcatlipoca 01-02-2005 00:16

The Siege

Very good action/thriller, starring Denzel Washington, Bruce Willis, & Annette Benning.

iron25 01-02-2005 00:48

Saw too 'comedies' recently:

Meet The Fockers - It was okay, I wasn't impressed by Meet The Parents and I thought this one was slightly more enjoyable. It's not a rip roaring comedy but did have some funny moments in it. I think Dustin Hoffman stole the show. 6/10

Sideways - The advert on tv says the GQ magazine says 'Sideways is the funniest film of the year' :rolleyes: I think they cut out the entire quote as it should have read 'If I said Sideways is the funniest film of the year then I would be lying'. Comedy what comedy :shrug: I think I chuckled once :erm: and after about an hour the film just drags on and you want it to end as quickly as possible. 2/10 :td:

ikthius 01-02-2005 17:06

The Passion of the Christ.....

Boring and brutal. and one point really made me think..... what the hell is that all about, the bit where jesus falls over the wall in chains and a monster/demon runs away, why put that in?

ik

Halcyon 01-02-2005 17:10

Never saw that. Looks like I might not bother with it after all.
Seems to have been a lot of hype for it but not much else then.