Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

SOSAGES 17-09-2004 11:00

Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

anyone happen to watch the new resident evil film yet?

im not sure what i thought so cant review it :) but it was much the same as the first one - so could of been better.

etccarmageddon 17-09-2004 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey
I take it, that's a more recent one, not the one from years back with Dolph Lungren (sp?) in it?

yes the recent one which has more character driven plot than the old one and more humour.

l33t_p3t3 17-09-2004 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOSAGES
anyone happen to watch the new resident evil film yet?

im not sure what i thought so cant review it :) but it was much the same as the first one - so could of been better.

Yeh, much the same as the 1st, but think I prefer Apocalypse though.
No doubt there will be a 3rd....
6/10

SOSAGES 17-09-2004 19:04

yes i woudl assume so given the ending - but i cant see why they make the films look so low budget it will have a lot of support from the computer games players as well as horror flick lovers...

it just needs to be better written itwas better than the first one but it aint saying much i agree 6/10

its a shame really because resident evil games are actually, although very simple, quite appealing.

I was heartbroken when I saw that it was totally crapped out, and "dumbified" in the first movie.

George Romero should have made the first, how come some of the great horror director's always get screwed with inferior projects? Romero was fired because his movie was too much about zombies I guess the studios were wanting a sequel so it has to be more about umbrella...

dilli-theclaw 18-09-2004 22:10

I watched resident evil 2 today - and I also think it was about 6/10 - not too bad - I think I'll watch it again 2morro :)

etccarmageddon 18-09-2004 22:17

13 going on 30 - good bit of entertainment (chick flick) and J Garner shows she has talent. the script was a bit lacking and was poorly executed - Garner managed to turn it around though.

Butterfly Effect - actually lived up to my expectations and it left me wanting to watch it again to figure it out more. fine bit of cinema work - well developed script and delivered by people who had an obvious interest in producing something more than just the usual mass produced hollywood junk.

Richard M 24-09-2004 23:38

Collateral
Not a bad film, fairly entertaining to watch with a good "13th Floor" style ending but it doesn't surprise or make you go "wow!" like a film such as LOTR 2 would.
It's a film to pass the time but a similar movie like Phone Booth is much better.

Electrolyte01 25-09-2004 00:01

The Andromeda Strain
Classic film, but very good. I give it a decent 10/10 :D

Ramrod 25-09-2004 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by etccarmageddon
13 going on 30 - good bit of entertainment (chick flick) and J Garner shows she has talent.

Ooooohhhhh yes! J Garner has talent! :naughty: :drool: :D :tu:

MovedGoalPosts 25-09-2004 00:22

Open Water - supposedly based on a true story, but as the two divers were never found, how do they actually know how they did die, which is what the film dwells on most. :erm:

If your a novice scuba diver you'll never want to get on a dive boat, and if you've never dived it might make you unecessarily worried.

If your an experienced UK scuba diver it makes a good comedy. There's so many things done wrong by the divers, and they've not got basic safety kit with them, as well as the bods running the dive boat. I get the impression that however directed it has only just about got wet in a swimming pool.

Electrolyte01 25-09-2004 00:33

Monty Python and the Holy Grail - 10/10!!!

SOOO love that movie :D

Charlie_Bubble 25-09-2004 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by MovedGoalPosts
Open Water - supposedly based on a true story, but as the two divers were never found, how do they actually know how they did die, which is what the film dwells on most. :erm:

If your a novice scuba diver you'll never want to get on a dive boat, and if you've never dived it might make you unecessarily worried.

If your an experienced UK scuba diver it makes a good comedy. There's so many things done wrong by the divers, and they've not got basic safety kit with them, as well as the bods running the dive boat. I get the impression that however directed it has only just about got wet in a swimming pool.

If I remember rightly, I saw a documentary on this while in the US this summer. The original story is a single female diver who was stuck out there for a couple of days. She was a documentary maker or something and as part of it they took her back to swim with sharks again.

Charlie_Bubble 25-09-2004 00:37

Collateral: It was ok. Nothing special. I could see the way the movie was going to go from about 20 minutes in. Bit predictable. Funny to see Cruise being the tough man. When he was hopping in the action around he looked like a Thunderbirds puppet in a badly fitting shiny suit. Be prepared for a lot of facial hair too! :)

Tezcatlipoca 25-09-2004 22:46

"Shaun of the Dead"

First time I've seen it. Brilliant! Very funny.

8/10

Richard M 26-09-2004 00:59

Full Metal Jacket
A great movie, the most memorable part is when that guy goes crazy and shoots his instructor, after that it's your typical war movie.
Black Hawk Down is better, and more realistic.