Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

Russ 29-08-2004 14:42

Re: Rate the last movie you saw...

Saw Starsky and Hutch last night on DVD - very daft film but still quite entertaining, and Snoop Dogg was BORN to play Huggy Bear :D

Wolf 29-08-2004 15:06

Watched Hellboy deay before last thought it was good. Last night watched SoulPlane found it quite funny.

Halcyon 29-08-2004 16:24

Just been to see the "Bourne Supremecy" and I would rate it very highly.
OK, it takes a minute or two to adjust to the fast action camera movements but once your taken in, its a great movie.

Tezcatlipoca 29-08-2004 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debsy42
Saw "HellBoy" last night

Very strangeish film, funny and weird but give it 8/10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf
Watched Hellboy deay before last thought it was good. Last night watched SoulPlane found it quite funny.

Hellboy is great :tu: :D

I think the upcoming UK cinema release is going to be the same as the US director's cut DVD...even more footage :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ D
Saw Starsky and Hutch last night on DVD - very daft film but still quite entertaining, and Snoop Dogg was BORN to play Huggy Bear :D

Yep, great fun. LOL, you're right about Snoop Dogg. His version of Huggy was excellent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halcyon
Just been to see the "Bourne Supremecy" and I would rate it very highly.
OK, it takes a minute or two to adjust to the fast action camera movements but once your taken in, its a great movie.

What's it like compared to the Bourne Identity?

Mal 29-08-2004 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D
What's it like compared to the Bourne Identity?

It's good, but as you know who he is now, there's no mystery, it's just a straight action movie.

Wolf 30-08-2004 11:59

watch girl next door. funny in places but was ok all round to watch

etccarmageddon 31-08-2004 18:04

SCOOBY DOO 2

- erm technically brilliant but really a kids film.

etccarmageddon 01-09-2004 08:19

"A Man Apart" staring Vin Diesel - very confusing plot and sometimes you cant make out what people are saying.

homealone 01-09-2004 09:19

'Cold Mountain' - not actually by choice, it just happened to be on the tv while we were away. I found it to be a really compelling film, very brutal in places, but it 'felt' like a true picture of what life must have been like at that time.

In complete contrast we saw 'Shrek 2' on the plane, very funny - I need to see it again to catch some of the mickey taking of other films. The wicked 'fairy godmother' voiced by Jennifer Saunders, was brilliant :)

sherer 01-09-2004 10:32

when i bought Kill Bill 2 i got Shogun Assassin for for 1.99 which is mentioned in near the end of Kill Bill.

i watched it on Monday and it is rubbish.. it's a typical dubbed japanese film which the usual stupid says etc and it doesn't end very well either as he never actually kills the shogun just his brother and then the film ends.

etccarmageddon 05-09-2004 10:56

THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST

compellingly interesting film even though it's all sub titles! I expected to turn off after 10mins but it was an amazing story.

my knowledge of the subject prior to this film was that some bloke called Jesus born on 25 dec was crusified. apart from that I knew nowt else!

I learnt what the phrase '30 pieces of silver' means and also 'judas' and 'judas kiss' and that Jewish people were the ones who called for his death because he conflicted with their beliefs?

I'd love to hear what Russ has to say about the film or anyone else who's an authority on the subject.

Russ 05-09-2004 11:01

I've already mentioned it in this thread somewhere (edit - post 14 here if you really want my opinion), although I'm nowhere near any kind of 'authority', just someone with more than a passing interest on the subject.

Most people who saw this film just to see what all the hype was about seemed to come away learning something new, for example one guy I know used to think that 'Christ' was Jesus' surname.

VERY powerful film with only slight artistic licence used (the Bible doesn't mentioning satan being in the Garden of Gesthemane at the start of the film and I'm not sure why they added the part with the blackbird) and the timing of the film was perfect considering that Christianity and Christian values get constantly attacked today.

Very disturbing as well, many left the film in tears. It certainly made an impact on me. Throughout the film while they were beating Jesus I felt myself almost saying out aloud "leave him alone!!".

Perfect ending btw, can't wait for the sequel :)

swoop101 05-09-2004 12:48

We watched 'a knights tale' last night on the tv for the first time, It was very funny and entertaining with modern(ish) music and language.
Mrs Swoop didn't want to watch it at first, but when it started with 'we will rock you' by Queen she changed her mind and then spent the next 2 1/2 hours wetting herself laughing.
Most enjoyable.

Tezcatlipoca 05-09-2004 13:03

"The Chronicles of Riddick"

Not bad. Good action & effects. Pretty good if you're not expecting anything amazing. 7/10

ntluser 05-09-2004 13:58

Go and see "I,Robot" starring Will Smith, it's great.

The storyline, the special effects and the action make it a really interesting film to watch.