Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Rate the last movie you saw (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=37399)

iFrankie 23-09-2010 23:26

Re: Rate the last movie you saw

Bent - 7/10

Quote:

Max is gay and as such is sent to Dachau concentration camp under the Nazi regime. He tries to deny he is gay and gets a yellow label (the one for Jews) instead of pink (the one for gays). In camp he falls in love with his fellow prisoner Horst, who wears his pink label with pride.
I was shocked all the way through it, sad ending :(.

Mr_love_monkey 23-09-2010 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by iFrankie (Post 35097194)
Bent - 7/10

I was shocked all the way through it, sad ending :(.

hhmm.. it was never going to have a happy ending was it?

Hugh 24-09-2010 12:27

The Other Guys - 7/10

Quite funny, but quite strange at times too.

budwieser 24-09-2010 18:23

`Unthinkable` 9/10 for me. :)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0914863/
Nicely put together and i don`t just mean Mrs Ann Moss.:D

Ravenheart 24-09-2010 19:52

Finally got to see Scott Pilgrim Vs the World

Loved it 9/10 :D

Mark Millar said he had high hopes for it in a recent R5 live interview but it didn't do as well as expected in the US, they do think it will be huge on DVD/Blu though.

Stuart 03-10-2010 22:15

Busy weekend for movies. Saw 2...

1) Back To The Future (new digital presentation). Excellent film, excellent image and sound. 8/10

2) Buried. An unusual concept for a film (Ryan Reynolds plays a truck driver who wakes up in a coffin after being kidnapped and buried with a couple of chemical glow sticks, a torch, some water and a mobile phone and the who film is about his attempts to get rescued), but excellently realised and really quite tense. 9/10

Tezcatlipoca 04-10-2010 00:51

I was quite interested in seeing "Buried"... until I read that Ryan Reynolds was in it.

Tezcatlipoca 24-10-2010 19:41

Excalibur

Classic sword & sorcery movie, with a great cast.

8/10

Derek 24-10-2010 19:44

Paranormal Activity 2 - :shocked: :Yikes: :eek: :disturbd: :eeek:

Very good, not one to watch if you are in the house alone at night and your house makes strange noises.

Stuart 24-10-2010 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 35102990)
I was quite interested in seeing "Buried"... until I read that Ryan Reynolds was in it.

It really is a good film.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 35112896)
Paranormal Activity 2 - :shocked: :Yikes: :eek: :disturbd: :eeek:

Very good, not one to watch if you are in the house alone at night and your house makes strange noises.

Yep. I agree, it is a good film. I liked the way that it dovetailed with the first film, and in the process, gave more background to the first film.

Very scary. I think it's helped by some very believable characters, some good actors playing those characters and very good use of special effects (especially sound, as a lot of the stuff happens off screen).

iFrankie 27-10-2010 00:17

Paranormal Activity 2 aswell, goosebumps from start to finish, i couldn't watch some parts
Spoiler: 
When the baby got pulled from his cot :O

admars 30-10-2010 22:36

Saw 3D 5/10

I'll start off by saying missus and I love Saw and Saw II, and really like Saw 3-6. 3-6 we saw at the cinema and rewatch all the previous films to remind ouselves of what's what.

Saw 3D however is crap :(

The traps really are the stars, as the director made a good job of them, adequate use of 3d, but can't direct ppl for toffee :(

The main detective is aweful.

Some of the traps really are very "cool", and inventive.

there are 2 redeeming bits.
Spoiler: 

the scene with Jigsaw at the book signing, and we thought the last 5-10mins were brilliant to fill in the last few blanks

As a whole the 3d was wasted, blood flies out the screen a few times, nothing amazing. Saw 6 was originally going to be 3d but I think in the documentary on the DVD they thought the tech wasn't ready yet.

The Jackass 3D trailer in 3d was the highlight of the film, closely followed by Machete trailer.

Hiroki 06-11-2010 19:58

Saw 3D

2/10 Was boring from start to finish and the twist at the end was pretty crap. I do however like the bit with the bear trap

Tezcatlipoca 14-11-2010 18:42

The Untouchables

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malone
You wanna know how to get Capone? They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. *That's* the *Chicago* way!

Classic. 9/10

The station steps scene is particularly awesome.

Hugh 14-11-2010 18:44

RED - good fun; 6/10.

Bruce is Bruce - 'nuff said.