Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Happy Thought Thread Part 4 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33664294)

Russ 18-11-2022 10:53

Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Occasionally it does but usually only on certain products like the Kindle, Firestick etc

---------- Post added at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

Lol the guy was only about 100 miles away so I went to see it first, had a test drive etc.

Paid him via PayPal so there was at least some measure of protection.

Jaymoss 18-11-2022 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 36140315)
TopCashBack.co.uk

Do all your online shopping through it. Sometimes the cashback is only 1% (especially on eBay, annoyingly enough) and can take a month or so to come through but if you start from the new year then by Christmas it can all add up to a tidy sum. I’ve just pulled £70 out of mine although a big chunk of that was the car I bought on eBay.

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

Oh and make sure you still me down as your referrer please - I get £10 when you reach £25 :D

I have had £415 quid out of TCB over the years but not had much recently. I went through them to get a Pixel 6 on contract and it did not track had to report it and still waiting. I have made a few quid out of Quidco too

heero_yuy 18-11-2022 17:38

Redeeming some of my pile of Nectar points (>£200) on stocking up the booze cupboard for Xmas. :)

Especially while the big brands are on promotion as well.

Tinky 20-11-2022 19:52

Bought 5 raffle tickets whilst we were at the surgery getting our covid and flu jabs, got a phone call today to say I've won a prize to be collected Wednesday.:)

Paul 20-11-2022 21:52

You won a free jab :)

SnoopZ 20-11-2022 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36140517)

:LOL:

Tinky 21-11-2022 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul (Post 36140517)

Teeheehee more than likely lol!

Tinky 26-11-2022 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36140508)
Bought 5 raffle tickets whilst we were at the surgery getting our covid and flu jabs, got a phone call today to say I've won a prize to be collected Wednesday.:)

Turns out it was a fold up wooden measure :confused:, and a glass of chocolates. Happy thought for today, whole house ventilation system installed, up and running within just over 1 hour. :)

TheDaddy 26-11-2022 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36140827)
Turns out it was a fold up wooden measure :confused:, and a glass of chocolates. Happy thought for today, whole house ventilation system installed, up and running within just over 1 hour. :)

Congrats on the glass of chocolate and the wooden measure :erm: :) good news on the ventilation system though

Hom3r 04-12-2022 11:12

My nephew told us that sometime he and his manager will be going to the parent company to set up the database he helped build and setup, the parent company is in Richmond, Virginia, USA.

He also said that his November wages had a £500 bonus, and another one will come in January, and that he has got a £1,500 outside the normal windows.

His manage said he should be on £30,000 PA, not bad for a 19 year old.

SnoopZ 04-12-2022 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 36141160)
My nephew told us that sometime he and his manager will be going to the parent company to set up the database he helped build and setup, the parent company is in Richmond, Virginia, USA.

He also said that his November wages had a £500 bonus, and another one will come in January, and that he has got a £1,500 outside the normal windows.

His manage said he should be on £30,000 PA, not bad for a 19 year old.

30K is a good wage in my books for alot of people, he sounds like he's doing well though.

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 ----------

My Happy Thought is my works 3 year share save plan matured and the share price has increased 6 times in that time, I just wish I was able to put in more than £41 a month or atleast I should have thought ahead, and bought shares privately not doing so was a huge mistake but atleast I don't have to pay capital gains tax this year!

GrimUpNorth 07-12-2022 20:20

Going to take the plunge in the new year and take up the offer to be formally released from my post to take on a bigger more formal role with the union. I'm thinking of 3 days a week for the first year then if it goes ok I might well decide to do it full-time. Now I've made the decision, I feel like a weight has been lifted.

Tinky 12-12-2022 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth (Post 36141416)
Going to take the plunge in the new year and take up the offer to be formally released from my post to take on a bigger more formal role with the union. I'm thinking of 3 days a week for the first year then if it goes ok I might well decide to do it full-time. Now I've made the decision, I feel like a weight has been lifted.

Good for you Grim, I like that, postive thinking.

My happy thought, Mr T won £398.42 on the gee gees today. :):):):):)
I reckon I deserve a bonus for puting his bet on for him.....no?

SnoopZ 12-12-2022 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36141726)

Get him to buy the label printer you need! Lol

denphone 13-12-2022 06:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36141726)

Well done to him Tinky.:)