Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Streaming : Foundation (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33710177)

General Maximus 30-06-2021 18:40

Foundation

Came across this and I am very very excited. It looks like some quality scifi and I am especially encourage as it is by Apple and they have an excellent track record with series like For All Mankind and See. It starts in September and will feature on the new Fall TV Schedule in a couple of weeks.

cheekyangus 30-06-2021 19:20

Re: Foundation

I've been wanting someone to try to film it for a very long time. I've only read the first book (though I've recently got a pile of the others to rectify that) but it's always stuck with me.

It is the sort of story that may be difficult to make though. I'm glad it's TV, it'll probably suit it more than the short running time of film.

tweetiepooh 01-07-2021 11:11

The Foundation books are great and then they sort of merge into Azimov's other series. It's the subtleties rather than the big showy bits that make it so interesting but that is likely of less appeal.

Paul 01-07-2021 19:33

Well it certainly looks good, time will tell.

General Maximus 01-07-2021 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweetiepooh (Post 36084980)
It's the subtleties rather than the big showy bits that make it so interesting but that is likely of less appeal.

It is things like that that make all the difference and put that magical touch on a series. The more detail and depth there is to the characters and story then the more believable and realistic they are.

General Maximus 25-08-2021 19:12

cheekyangus 25-08-2021 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36090924)

Watched this the other day. It's certainly looking epic, film level looks and yet it seems to have got the complexity and detail based on what's seen.

Currently reading Foundation And Empire and so far loving it as much as the original book all those years ago.

General Maximus 25-08-2021 22:09

I am really looking forward to it. It is going to be good having another proper quality scifi series to watch when The Expanse ends.

cheekyangus 25-08-2021 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36090938)
I am really looking forward to it. It is going to be good having another proper quality scifi series to watch when The Expanse ends.

I expect I'll never see that, so will have to read the books.

General Maximus 25-08-2021 22:21

You should bump straight to the top of your list of things to do, it is penomenal.

cheekyangus 25-08-2021 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36090942)
You should bump straight to the top of your list of things to do, it is penomenal.

I've got the quite the book backlog, and some of those are Foundation series, so I'll be sticking with those for a wee while yet. I'll probably have to see of the Library has them, I can't justify the money currently.

General Maximus 25-08-2021 22:46

I was talking about being less sophisticated and watching it on tv instead.

cheekyangus 25-08-2021 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 36090946)
I was talking about being less sophisticated and watching it on tv instead.

Amazon's in my bad books and that's unlikely to change any time soon, so unless it's on DVD or Blu-ray that's off the cards...and rather similarly to books I have a fair few TV series I'm already working my way through.

Paul 26-09-2021 01:49

The first two episodes seemed just fine to me, looking forward to E03.

OLD BOY 26-09-2021 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheekyangus (Post 36090949)
Amazon's in my bad books and that's unlikely to change any time soon, so unless it's on DVD or Blu-ray that's off the cards...and rather similarly to books I have a fair few TV series I'm already working my way through.

Amazon? This series is on Apple+.

I’ve watched most of the first episode - quite impressed so far!