Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Film & Cinema (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=113)
-   -   Captain Marvel Movie (2019) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33706842)

Stuart 04-03-2019 12:10

Re: Captain Marvel Movie (2019)

Going to see it on Friday night. I think it will be a good film. Brie Larson is a good actress, and I think generally, Marvel have done a good jobs with their films (even Age of Ultron, which was a bit of a misstep IMO, was still a good film).

I'm also ignoring the Rotten Tomatoes Score. No one, beyond a few critics, the cast, crew and possibly other Marvel/Disney employees, has seen it yet. You should not judge a film you haven't seen, again, IMO.

Damien 04-03-2019 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35985194)

I'm also ignoring the Rotten Tomatoes Score. No one, beyond a few critics, the cast, crew and possibly other Marvel/Disney employees, has seen it yet. You should not judge a film you haven't seen, again, IMO.

That's just a bunch of angry internet nerds angry at Brie Larson giving it rubbish reviews. :rolleyes:

General Maximus 04-03-2019 19:36

Quote:

Going to see it on Friday night.

I am going to the midnight premiere in 3D on Thursday night

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35985285)
That's just a bunch of angry internet nerds angry at Brie Larson giving it rubbish reviews. :rolleyes:

yeah, I think it is looks absolutely fantastic and that is coming from someone who thought it was going to be cack to start off with. I can't wait to see it and it feels like it has taken forever because it is the first good film of the year.

Paul 04-03-2019 21:45

Quote:

I just looked after reading this, and it has no score yet :confused:

Damien 04-03-2019 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35985320)
I just looked after reading this, and it has no score yet :confused:

I think they might have already removed it: https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...trolls/584032/

They're changing the system after this film was inundated with negative reviews.

Quote:

Captain Marvel hasn’t hit theaters, yet it garnered a dismal audience score of 54 percent—far below the totals for other recent Marvel movies. The poor grade is the result of “review bombing,” a practice that’s also widespread in the highly charged world of video gaming.

DocDutch 05-03-2019 07:39

Sunday for me can't wait to see how this is going to link into infinity wars

General Maximus 05-03-2019 08:06

yup, especially the post credits scene, it I going to be a direct tie-in . Luckily we are only going to have to wait 6 weeks to find out what happens instead of the best part of a year with Infinity War.

General Maximus 06-03-2019 11:03

DocDutch 06-03-2019 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Maximus (Post 35985348)
yup, especially the post credits scene, it I going to be a direct tie-in . Luckily we are only going to have to wait 6 weeks to find out what happens instead of the best part of a year with Infinity War.

still it is that wait that is killing me now... want to know which of the original avengers is going to get killed off

General Maximus 06-03-2019 22:16

well I don't know whether they are going to be "killed" off or written off some other way but I am expecting Iron Man, Captain America and Thor to be no more. We know we are getting another Black Panther, Spiderman, Guardians, Ant-man, Black Widow and and Dr Strange film so all those guys are safe.

At the moment I think Brie Larson/Captain Marvel is going to be the bees knees so it is going to soften the blow for me in Endgame if Iron Man etc make an exit and Captain Marvel takes on the mantle.

Pierre 08-03-2019 21:04

Marvel rarely screw it up.

But I just think after Avengers:Endgame where does it go?

Damien 08-03-2019 22:32

They have a bunch of films lined up still. Although I think after Spiderman there is a bit of a break. I want them to move away from having to have all the films/universes line up though, give more creative freedom to each film.

General Maximus 09-03-2019 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 35985769)
But I just think after Avengers:Endgame where does it go?

who knows buy knowing Marvel they have planned years ahead and everything is going to flow smoothly. If Captain America or Iron Man do end up being Mod Edit - potential spoiler removedI imagine there will be a smooth transition over to Captain Marvel. If Thor is going as well though I am interested to see how one characters can fill three characters shoes. Maybe it will be a while before they do another Avengers film which will give them chance to introduce some new characters. Black Panther will be in the next one so that is one, and there is a new Chinese dude coming in as well so numbers wise it will balance out. They have also got Spiderman and Ant-man to draw on as well if needs be so I am sure they will work it out.

Hugh 11-03-2019 15:31

1 Attachment(s)
2nd biggest Marvel opening weekend, after Avengers: Infinity Wars.

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/atta...4&d=1552318095

Damien 11-03-2019 18:08

But this movie was gonna fail cos all the ‘fans’ where gonna boycott it because of Disney’s SJW agenda?