Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   PM Boris forms a government (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33707714)

denphone 26-05-2019 18:38

Re: Leadership who is the next PM?

The calls for a new referendum/GE have been from some remainers.

Damien 26-05-2019 20:40

I think Pierre meant 'I' not 'we'.

Pierre 26-05-2019 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35996436)
I think Pierre meant 'I' not 'we'.

Correct, I only speak for myself. Sorry.

Mr K 26-05-2019 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 35996440)
Correct, I only speak for myself. Sorry.

Ok, fair enough.

TheDaddy 27-05-2019 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35996367)
You have absolutely no proof that Brexiteers have changed their minds about leaving. No-one I know has

There's members of this forum that voted leave and have since changed their minds, I wonder if there's still more that have decided not to make it public to or what it might translate to amongst the general populace :shrug:

papa smurf 27-05-2019 10:15

There's members of this forum that voted remain and have since changed their minds, I wonder if there's still more that have decided not to make it public too or what it might translate to amongst the general populace :shrug::eeek:

OLD BOY 27-05-2019 11:50

Well, the leave parties won by a margin of 17.8%, so I would say the Brexit debate is now over. We need to leave the EU and the next leader of the Conservative Party will need to work out how to achieve that by 31 October latest.

Mr K 27-05-2019 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35996567)
Well, the leave parties won by a margin of 17.8%, so I would say the Brexit debate is now over. We need to leave the EU and the next leader of the Conservative Party will need to work out how to achieve that by 31 October latest.

:D :D

1andrew1 27-05-2019 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35996567)

Love your new-found sense of irony, Old Boy! :D

jfman 27-05-2019 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35996524)
There's members of this forum that voted remain and have since changed their minds, I wonder if there's still more that have decided not to make it public too or what it might translate to amongst the general populace :shrug::eeek:

I wonder this too. We could ask them?

papa smurf 27-05-2019 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 35996581)
I wonder this too. We could ask them?

Ok has anyone on this forum changed their mind ??

job done awaits reply's.

Mick 27-05-2019 13:36

We are not turning this thread in to another Brexit debate.

While I accept Brexit can naturally crop up, I do not want to see the same arguments about the pros and cons of Brexit appearing in this thread - they will be deleted if I see them.

This thread is purely about the Tory leadership.

Mr K 27-05-2019 14:01

One thing thats common with all the candidates is they care more about being PM than Brexit. Once power is grabbed their principles will desert them. Boris in particular took an age to decide which side he was on when the referendum was announced, hardly committed ! Indeed he wrote an article for backing Remain in the Times, before then deciding to back Leave 2 days later! https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-a3370296.html

No principles any of them, power is everything.

denphone 27-05-2019 14:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35996634)
One thing thats common with all the candidates is they care more about being PM than Brexit. Once power is grabbed their principles will desert them. Boris in particular took an age to decide which side he was on when the referendum was announced, hardly committed ! Indeed he wrote an article for backing Remain in the Times, before then deciding to back Leave 2 days later! https://www.standard.co.uk/news/poli...-a3370296.html

No principles any of them, power is everything.

Power corrupts sadly Mr K as principles tend to be ditched once they have reached power.

papa smurf 28-05-2019 19:31

Every one and their dog thinks it's going to be Boris,that's what i'm picking up from the TV.